sockets

Hi,
I have some little older applications using sockets. When I updated to Rad2007 I
can no longer open the forms/frames since the IDE can't find the socket
components. How can I install the socket components in the IDE so that I can
see/edit my forms?
I don't want to update to Indy..

thanks
totte
0
totte
5/18/2009 2:22:03 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.using 1848 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I found it here
http://delphi.about.com/od/delphitips2008/qt/no_serverscoket.htm

:)
totte

totte karlsson wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some little older applications using sockets. When I updated to Rad2007 I
> can no longer open the forms/frames since the IDE can't find the socket
> components. How can I install the socket components in the IDE so that I can
> see/edit my forms?
> I don't want to update to Indy..
>
> thanks
> totte
0
totte

Using Sockets
Hi, I'm trying to use sockets to make a multyplayer game server-client My problem is that I don't know how to work with stThreadBlocking. I know that the server need to have a thread for each client and when a client connects to the server a thread is created and waits for new data my probme is: how can I create the thread class data? how can I know if the thread is waitng to read or to write? can I send streams? and wich events to use with thread based server? I looked for examples of this on the internet but didn't found anything useful, is there anyone that c...

How to use the sockets?
Hi, I've gathered that Rakudo now implements sockets, and I wanted to do some basic data shuffling for testing purposes. Could anybody point me to a really simple, working example? I tried to cargo-cult it from Web.pm (<http://github.com/masak/web/blob/c6f53b76241d3c16bcc356dfe555d055f2f0ecfa/lib/HTTP/Daemon.pm>): use v6; my $l = IO::Socket::INET.socket(2, 1, 6).bind('127.0.0.1', 1234); my $s = $l.accept(); That dies on the last line, with Null PMC access in isa() current instr.: '!CALLMETHOD' pc 18912 (src/builtins/guts.pir:80) called from Sub...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

use Socket
How is it possible to bind the Socket module to another IP, other than the box's default IP? I want the perl program to connect using a configurable IP that's available on the box. I've read though the perldoc for the module, and couldn't find anything (if there is something there then I missed it). All help appreciated Dan ...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

How to use Sockets?
Two applications, one in VC++ 6.0, the other in VB.NET, Can I use sockets to make them talk to each other? How? Thanks a lot Well you could, but it isn't the most efficient mechanism on the same machine. The other question is what mechanisms, if any, are already in these apps now? If sockets are already there, but COM and nothing else is, then ok use sockets. If COM (or something else) is there, then it would be better to stick with COM. If neither is there, then COM would be the easiest solution to retrofit on both. There are certainly other options too, but unless th...

TX and RX using socket (Ethernet port) using BCB C++ 2006 Edition [Edit]
Hi All, I'm using BCB C++ 2006 edition. Kindly let me know how to carry out TX and RX in sockets(C++ Builder). I'm a newbee to the BCB world. Kinly post the code or pseudocode if possible. Thanks. Edited by: guddappa th on Jan 5, 2011 8:09 AM ...

How to use the arguments to use() in the package being used
Howdy,=20 The subject says it all believe it or not :) What I'm trying to figure out is how to pass an argument=20 (pragma I believe is the proper term) to use() and do=20 sonethign in the package based on it. I've looked at CGI.pm source but can't seem to track it down.=20 (Similar idea as to CGIs -oldstyle_urls -newstyel_urls) http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.04/CGI.pm#PRAGMAS What I'd like to do is something like this: # for old time's sake we'll just use our favorite module use Foo::Monkey qw(:Foo :Bar -doamazingthings); #then in Foo::Monkey...

A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied
Hi Guys Getting this error whe try to connect godaddy mysql database. My connection string is string connectionString = "Server=proxy.shr.secureserver.net;Port=9999; Database=xxxx; Uid=xxxx; Pwd=xxxxxx;Pooling=false;Pooling=false"; How to fix this. Pl. help. Thanks.  A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more informat...

Email using socket
Hi All,Can i send email using socket in visual web developer 2005(VB). Thanks  You can use the .NET API to do the same, which internally uses sockets. Check this blog post:http://geekswithblogs.net/vivek/archive/2007/04/09/111157.aspxHope this helps,Vivek Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". You can certainly use the Socket class to connect to an SMTP server in order to send an e-mail, but by far the most easy way is to use the MailMessage class, as it wraps all the functi...

Using sockets with Powerbuilder
I need to do a socket application to communicate with other application. How can I do this with Powerbuilder 10 Thanks for your support David Ochoa wrote: > I need to do a socket application to communicate with other > application. How can I do this with Powerbuilder 10 > > Thanks for your support Try http://www.dart.com/downloads/ a. Try the Winsock example in the free code section of http://www.topwizprogramming.com/ <David Ochoa> wrote in message news:445156ff.2ed6.1681692777@sybase.com... >I need to do a socket application to communicate wit...

Using socket in perl
Hello all, I'm writing a server and a client in perl. My client communicates with the server using sockets. I'm using IO::Socket::INET to create the sockets. My problem is that when my client close the socket, the expressions "while ($line = <$client>)" is an infinite loop and $line contains "\n"; How can I know in the server when a client close a connection ? Thanks for your help (If it's not the right mailing list for this problem, what mailing list should I use ?) Xavier > -----Original Message----- > From: Xavier Ambrosioni [...

Using Raw Sockets
As part of a project at college i want to demonstrate creating packets using raw sockets to create a conventional ICMP packet and send it from one machine to one directly next to it to show the class that it works. Does anyone have any source code (preferably C/C++) which creates packets using raw sockets, or know where i can get one. I have already discovered that I will need admin privilages on the 2k lab machine. Surprisingly i have been given access to this su account for the duration of the class (30 mins! - WOW). -- Thanks lots You don't need raw sockets to send ...

Download using sockets
I have tried to convert Mike Shkolnik's download program from Delphi to C++ as follows void DownloadFile(String strHost, String strRemoteFileName, String strLocalFileName, TClientSocket *clientSocket) { String s, forward; int intReturnCode; PChar pszBuffer; TFileStream *fileOut = new TFileStream(strLocalFileName, Classes::fmCreate); if (strRemoteFileName[1] != '/') { forward = '/'; strRemoteFileName = forward + strRemoteFileName; } try { clientSocket->Host = strHost; clientSocket->ClientType = ctBlocking; clie...

How to use IO::Socket
Over the long haul I've made a couple of programs that use sockets but still I don't understand to very basics of it yet. That is how to properly send and receive the data. So far what I have been doing is thus: $client = IO::Socket::INET->new('server'); while (<$client>) { chomp; next unless $_; ..... But doing it that way I sometimes have weirdness where I receive nothing yet the 'next unless' statement doesn't catch it for some reason. For sending I usually just print to the $client variable like a filehandle. I'm just wonder...

Web resources about - sockets - embarcadero.cppbuilder.using

AC power plugs and sockets - British and related types - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plugs and sockets for portable appliances originated in Britain in the 1880s and were initially two pin designs. These were usually sold as a ...

usb charger to fit a car lighter socket - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Made a quick l7805 (think minty boost) charger for some gadgets. Runs from a car cigarette lighter plug, and outputs 5vdc to a female usb socket. ...

Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton about incident that left him with a broken eye socket
Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton officials when asked why he had suffered a broken eye socket during a scuffle in the early hours of Sunday morning. ...

Brisbane Broncos forward Alex Glenn facing six weeks on sideline with fractured eye socket
Wayne Bennett ranks Brisbane fullbacks as Justin Hodges injury leaves Broncos with fifth choice rookie

ASRock Rack Announces EP2C612D24 and 4L: Dual Socket Haswell-EP with 24 DDR4 Slots
... 16GB UDIMMs, this allows for a maximum of 384GB, although moving up to RDIMM, LRDIMMs or 64GB NVDIMMs pushes the max to 1.5TB in a dual socket ...

Meet Beam, the Android projector that turns any light bulb socket into an entertainment center
In case you were looking for an out-of-the-box smart projector, then Beam might be worth looking into. The unusual-looking device has just been ...

A charred eye socket provides proof that 43 missing Mexico students are dead
People gather outside of the home of Alexander Mora, one of 43 college students missing since September whose charred remains have now been positively ...

Cool Chart of the Week: Solar Socket Parity In California, Australia, Germany, Italy, & Netherlands
I forget now how I ran across this chart, but it’s a nice one. It shows that residential solar PV power hit socket parity (aka grid parity) in ...

Dell Aims Four-Socket Server at Modern Database Hardware Needs
Launches x86 PowerEdge servers in bid to carve out more high-end server market share Read More

Video: Socket To Me! Nitwit At ‘Hand To God’ Tries To Charge Phone On Set
... on a performance of Hand To God at Broadway ’s Booth Theatre a few days ago, this patron leapt onstage and tried to plug his phone into a socket ...