re-install C++ builder [Edit]

I've just had my computer crash on me! and I had to re-install my copy of c++ Builder 4.0 from cd.  It had some troubles readin files from disk, so I had to manually install the program.  (Not using the install or setup files that come on the cd)

All worked fine except some components on the Internet palette.  I was able to determine that they were from nmfast40.bpl library.  I was not able to find such a file on my system.  the only one I could find with that name is in the C++ builder/libs  directory and that one has an extension of .bpi, which is the wrong extension.

Do anyone know how to fix this dilemma?

Edited by: gary roberson on Apr 30, 2009 4:20 PM
0
gary
4/30/2009 11:20:49 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.using 1848 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How Can I use the compliers used under Dev-C++ in C++ builder?
How Can I use the compliers (for instance GCC, ...) used under Dev-C++ in C++ builder? In my program,I used boost lambda expression under Dev-C++ due to the fact that C++ builder 2009 do not support such expression. But Dev-C++ do not support RAD(rapid application development). It is hard to establish the common graphic GUI under windows.So I want to use the compliers of Dev-C++ in C++ builder. And I do not know how to manage it. Where can I get the related materials or advices? Can any one with kindness help me? Il Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:29:59 -0700, lserjt lserjt <> ha scritto:...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

Using WinHttp in C++Builder 2009 [Edit]
Hello I want to use WinHttp API in my C++Builder 2009 application. (form application) I tried to include winhttp.h but compiler gave me an error. if to include winhttp.h after vcl.h, the error is: winhttp.h(111) Multiple declaration for HTTP_VERSION_INFO if to include it before vcl.h, the error is: winhttp.h (51) E2257 , expected I tried to include winhttp.h in a console non-vcl application. I included: <windows.h> <winhttp.h> It compiled without an error except that I had to manually add winhttp.lib to the project. Then, I tried to do the same in a console vcl...

TX and RX using socket (Ethernet port) using BCB C++ 2006 Edition [Edit]
Hi All, I'm using BCB C++ 2006 edition. Kindly let me know how to carry out TX and RX in sockets(C++ Builder). I'm a newbee to the BCB world. Kinly post the code or pseudocode if possible. Thanks. Edited by: guddappa th on Jan 5, 2011 8:09 AM ...

installing component in C++ Builder XE2 Trial [Edit]
I have following problem. I tried install component SMDBGrid (from page http://www.scalabium.com/) in C++ Builder XE2 Trial Update 2. I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After that I tried build the package. But I recived error message: "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)". In Project ->Options -> Directories and Conditionals ->Library path I have text "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\debug". Environment variables are correct and file "system.dcu" exists in corr...

Installing C++Builder and Delphi XE2 on the same computer. [Edit]
Presently I have purchased, downloaded and installed C++Builder Pro off of the ISO file named “Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 ISO (includes Update 3)”, now with the BOGO offer I want to install Delphi on the same machine. I was given a link to download Delphi but it is the same link for the C++Builder installation which is a download with Update 1 only, that’s why I installed off the ISO file. My question(s) are: (1)-does the installation know what flavor of RAD by the serial number provided and therefore installs Delphi XE2? (2)-If installing on the same computer, will both applications uti...

Using TEmbeddedWebBrowser in C++ Builder 2010 or XE [Edit]
Has anyone managed to use TEmbeddedWebBrowser component in C++ Builder? I've managed to build it and make it appear in both component palettes of Delphi and C++. All I did is changed option in DPK file to generate all C++ files including package libs and installed it. When I use it from Delphi it works, but not from C++ Builder although it appears in component palette and seems to be properly installed. I get a lot of compile errors like: [BCC32 Error] Ieconst.hpp(221): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly for example in line: static const ShortInt CACHEGROUP_ATTRIBUTE_...

Why no one uses PVS-Studio for C++Builder? [Edit]
There is no PVS-Studio (http://www.viva64.com/en/pvs-studio/) user who uses analyzer in C++Builder IDE. Why? We're thinking about removing C++Builder support in one of future releases. What have we done wrong? P.S. Also I offer you to test your attention (by searching for errors in C/C++ code): http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0280/ Edited by: Andrey Karpov on Oct 9, 2014 1:15 AM On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 01:16:23 -0700, Andrey Karpov <> wrote: >There is no PVS-Studio (http://www.viva64.com/en/pvs-studio/) user who uses analyzer in C++Builder IDE. Why? We're thinking about remov...

Reformatting using Ctrl^D in C++ Builder 2010 [Edit]
I have recently fallen victim to the consequences of inadvertently hitting Ctrl^D and getting thousands of lines reformatted. Is there any way to disable this feature?. Being located adjacent to S, C, and F, it is easy to inadvertently wipe the D key whilst actioning its neighbours, and unless the undo button his hit immediately,the resulting visual code scrambling can not be undone. My objection is based, very simply, on the responsibility that each programmer has to adopt strict self discipline in c oding to avoid errors. Embarcadero have no moral right to impose THEIR adopted format o...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Llicense, installations and other doubts regarding C++ Builder XE [Edit]
I’ve just downloaded and installed C++ Builder XE Trial under Win XP SP3. I have some doubts in case I buy the software (it would be C++ Builder XE Pro and I’m a single user): -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 - How would I register the new license and get rid of the trial version? (I couldn’t find a menu item to "Register a definitive license") -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2 - Will I have to uninstall the trial version a...

Re: Do C++Builder 2006 works if installed on Win7-64?
> {quote:title=parduz zudrap wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=parduz zudrap wrote:}{quote} > > As the subject says. > > And, if it works, there's any kind of bug/glitch/strange behaviour (other than the ones it already show on WinXP 32) i should be aware of? > > > > Thanks > > Humbly bump.... i need to choose what PCs and what OS buy for the office, and i'd like to avoid any big mistake... Don't touch Windows8 and MS Office 2013 unless you do very careful and extensive testing. I didn't and I think they're horrid. I keep ...

C++ Builder 6 on Win8
My Borland C++ Builder 6 running on a VM upgraded to Win8 will not activate. I had a working WinXP VM with both C++ Builder 6 and RAD Studio 2007 installed and activated. Needing a test case machine for upgrade WinXP -> Win Vista -> Win7 -> Win8, I decided to use this. I made a copy of the VM and upgraded this. The Win8 install with all applications works fine, but that is not the story here. Today I went to use BCB6, which is installed under C:\Program Files\Borland. The permissions on this folder (including all sub-folders and files) had already been overridden to "...

Do C++Builder 2006 works if installed on Win7-64? [Edit]
As the subject says. And, if it works, there's any kind of bug/glitch/strange behaviour (other than the ones it already show on WinXP 32) i should be aware of? Thanks got server errors, then triple post, sorry Edited by: parduz zudrap on Sep 16, 2013 2:36 PM got server errors, then triple post, sorry Edited by: parduz zudrap on Sep 16, 2013 2:37 PM ...

Installing C++ builder on Window 8 Release Preview [Edit]
Make sure you go to updates and install .net 3.5. Edited by: Dan Rapsinski on Jun 6, 2012 1:01 PM > {quote:title=Dan Rapsinski wrote:}{quote} > Make sure you go to updates and install .net 3.5. What versions of CB? Does CB2007 work? ...

Problem with a fresh installation of C++Builder XE5 Starter [Edit]
I am entirely new to C++Builder, please help. There were no errors during the installation process. In order to say hello to the world, I opened the Samples\CPP\VCL\Controls folder and chose bcbsmp.bcbproj Then I went to Project -> Build bcbsmp.cpp Here is the message I received: [MSBuild Error] The "BCC32" task failed unexpectedly. System.Exception: Platform not supported:MCD at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.BCC32.GenerateFullPathToTool() at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.ComputePathToTool() at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute() at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult) I understand the important part of this message is *"Platform not supported:MCD"*, whatever MCD stands for... What is wrong? Thank you. Edited by: Sergey Dzekunov on Feb 5, 2014 11:55 AM http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18795530/cannot-load-delphi-xe5-units You have an environment variable called PLATFORM that has to be overriden or deleted > {quote:title=Sergey Dzekunov wrote:}{quote} > I am entirely new to C++Builder, please help. > There were no errors during the installation process. In order to say hello to the world, I opened the Samples\CPP\VCL\Controls folder and chose bcbsmp.bcbproj > Then I went to Project -> Build bc...

Has anyone installed Virtual Treeview on C++ Builder 2009 or 2010? [Edit]
I tried to install it on 2009 but the installation says: BPL Output Directory is not defined in "Environment Options" DCP Output Directory is not defined in "Environment Options" Furthermore after this failed I tried manually using this guide: 1. Open VirtualTreesC6.bpk project. 2. If you try and build you will get an error about the ThemeManagerC6.bpi, remove all reference to it. 3. The project also requires ThemeManagerC6.bpi, delete the reference. 4. Add C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib\psdk\oleacc.lib to the contains folder in the project. 5. B...

Install and use "pas" components in C++ Builder 2010
Hi all, I know that this topic is not new an there are many threads about it. I have read a lot of them and try to resolve my problem but it fail every time :( So I want to describe my problem and maybe, hopefully, someone can help me? :) I currently migrate an old Borland C++ Builder 5.0 project to C++ Builder 2010. I have many problems, but one of them are old third party components. This are all Delphi components and from each component I have the *.pas, *.hpp and *.dcu file. If I try to install a componente via "Component->Install packages->Add", I have to select ...

Using C++ Builder XE7, several IDE issues, comments [Edit]
Not sure if I should put one comment per message or not....I've got some issues! 1. I am running Windows 7 32 bit, so I only have 3GB of memory available. I often get a memory error when I go to compile. I close Google Chrome (a memory hog), and I now have 50% of my 3gb available (had 20% available with Chrome running). Try compiling again, memory error. Once I get a memory error, I must exit XE7 and restart, then it will work properly. This takes 3 minutes or so. 2. If I double click on a word (it's now highlighted), then do a search, why is "Search Selection" check...

How to use AssignFile, Reset, FileSize, BlockRead, CloseFile on C++ Builder [Edit]
How to use AssignFile, Reset, FileSize, BlockRead, CloseFile on C++ Builder (CodeGear RAD Studio 2009) ??? i try +system.AssignFile(objfile,OpenDialog1->FileName); system.Reset(objfile,1); FSize=system.FileSize(objfile); system.BlockRead(objfile,Buf,SizeOf(Buf),NumRead); system.CloseFile(objfile);+ and get error : +[BCC32 Error] UnitFile.cpp(1102): E2294 Structure required on left side of . or .**+ how to solve it ?? thanks in advance Edited by: Akhmad Chotib Bagus on Jan 17, 2010 5:04 PM Akhmad Chotib Bagus <> wrote: >+system.AssignFile(objfile,OpenDialo...

Convert & Use iOS AudioToolbox in C++ Builder XE7 [Edit]
Apologies if there was a better place to ask this question. I've been searching for a document/post that describes how to use a missing Objective C framework in C++ Builder. The framework is AudioToolbox and it's associated headers. I've added the framework to Tools -> Options -> SDK Manager and the .h files have been pulled across from my Mac but what do I do with them now? I can see them in ...\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS7.1.sdk\System\Library\Frameworks\AudioToolbox.framework\Headers Do I need to convert them somehow? Has somebody already done ...

Using C++ Builder XE7, several IDE issues, comments [Edit] #2
Not sure if I should put one comment per message or not....I've got some issues! 1. I am running Windows 7 32 bit, so I only have 3GB of memory available. I often get a memory error when I go to compile. I close Google Chrome (a memory hog), and I now have 50% of my 3gb available (had 20% available with Chrome running). Try compiling again, memory error. Once I get a memory error, I must exit XE7 and restart, then it will work properly. This takes 3 minutes or so. 2. If I double click on a word (it's now highlighted), then do a search, why is "Search Selection" check...

I use Rad stuio 2010(C++ Builder). But IndyFtp has a error.. How reinstall [Edit]
I use Rad studio 2010 - C++ builder. indyftp --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- IdFTP1->TransferType = ftBinary; IdFTP1->Get(...........); However, the downloaded file is broken.. So I searched the Internet was.. Look under.. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// IdFTP in Rad Studio 2010 has a serious problem. Development/C++Builder 2010/06/1...

Re: Suggest for proper library for TCP networking in C++ Builder XE [Edit]
Andro wrote: > I try to use <winsock.h> but I think it will doesn't work properly Yes, it will. Although you should use winsock2.h instead for new development. > in the future, I'll porting this driver to an manufacturer device which > only have 256kb flash capacity for all programs (such as STM32 or etc) What does that have to do with which header file you choose to use? > so I try to use another header to use socket connection in > C++ Builder XE. Winsock is Microsoft's native socket library on all Windows systems. Unless you install a...

Web resources about - re-install C++ builder [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.using

BackDrop Root Not Only Backs Up Apps and Settings, But It Auto-Restores App Data After a Re-Install
... an update.zip file that can be flashed immediately after you flash a new ROM. So on that first bootup, you will already have BackDrop installed ...

You Need To Re-install All Installed Apps If You Upgrade From Windows 8.1 Preview To Final Version
Microsoft today confirmed that they will be releasing Windows 8.1 preview on June 26th during BUILD conference. If you are planning to upgrade ...