installing component in C++ Builder XE2 Trial [Edit]

I have following problem.
I tried install component SMDBGrid (from page http://www.scalabium.com/) in C++ Builder XE2 Trial Update 2.
I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After that I tried build the package. But I recived error message:
"[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)".
In Project ->Options -> Directories and Conditionals ->Library path I have text "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\debug". Environment variables are correct and file "system.dcu" exists in correct directory.
Please help me, I don't know if I doing something wrong or it is a bug in C++Builder.
Edited by: tomek baca on Dec 10, 2011 10:41 AM
0
tomek
12/10/2011 6:41:49 PM
📁 embarcadero.cppbuilder.using
📃 1848 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1453 Views

tomek wrote:
> I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After
> that I tried build the package. But I recived error message:
>
> "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas'
> or binary equivalents (.dcu)".
Starting with XE2, all of Embarcadero's packages are now prefixed with namespace
names.  In the Project Options, go to the "Delphi Compiler" section and make
sure the "Unit scope names" item includes the "System" namespace. Depending
on what your package uses, you might also have to include the "System.Win",
"WinAPI", and "Vcl" namespaces as well.
--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> tomek wrote:
>
> > I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After
> > that I tried build the package. But I recived error message:
> >
> > "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas'
> > or binary equivalents (.dcu)".
>
> Starting with XE2, all of Embarcadero's packages are now prefixed with namespace
> names.  In the Project Options, go to the "Delphi Compiler" section and make
> sure the "Unit scope names" item includes the "System" namespace. Depending
> on what your package uses, you might also have to include the "System.Win",
> "WinAPI", and "Vcl" namespaces as well.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
I had included that namespaces, but error stilled appeard. So I uinstall C++ Builder and install again.
Now package compile correct but I recive error durring linking:
[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'VCL.SAMPLES.CALENDAR.OBJ'
On this page (https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=404266) I read taht I should comment out line
"#include <Vcl.[...].hpp>" (in my case #include <Vcl.Samples.Calendar.hpp>)
But in my case that line is in machine generated header, so i can't change that line.
0
tomek
12/12/2011 8:31:03 PM
Hi, I solved  my last problem, by adding to project files: designide.bpi,vclib.bpi,vclsmp.bpi. C++ Builder didn't add automatically that files, during adding *.pas files.
Now I recive new error during linking:
[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'WINDOWS.OBJ'.
Have anyone idea what should i do.
0
tomek
12/18/2011 11:29:05 AM
tomek wrote:
> Hi, I solved  my last problem, by adding to project files:
> designide.bpi,vclib.bpi,vclsmp.bpi. C++ Builder didn't add
> automatically that files, during adding *.pas files.
The designide package can only be used in a design-time package.  Make sure
you DO NOT try to use it in a run-time package.
> Now I recive new error during linking:
> [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'WINDOWS.OBJ'.
> Have anyone idea what should i do.
In the Project Options, make sure "WinApi" (and maybe also "System.Win")
is specified in the "Unit Scope Names" list.
--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> > Now I recive new error during linking:
> > [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'WINDOWS.OBJ'.
> > Have anyone idea what should i do.
>
> In the Project Options, make sure "WinApi" (and maybe also "System.Win")
> is specified in the "Unit Scope Names" list.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Dabiel