installing component in C++ Builder XE2 Trial [Edit]

I have following problem.

I tried install component SMDBGrid (from page http://www.scalabium.com/) in C++ Builder XE2 Trial Update 2.

I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After that I tried build the package. But I recived error message:
"[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)".

In Project ->Options -> Directories and Conditionals ->Library path I have text "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\debug". Environment variables are correct and file "system.dcu" exists in correct directory.

Please help me, I don't know if I doing something wrong or it is a bug in C++Builder.

Edited by: tomek baca on Dec 10, 2011 10:41 AM
0
tomek
12/10/2011 6:41:49 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.using 1848 articles. 1 followers. Follow

tomek wrote:

> I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After
> that I tried build the package. But I recived error message:
>
> "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas'
> or binary equivalents (.dcu)".

Starting with XE2, all of Embarcadero's packages are now prefixed with namespace
names.  In the Project Options, go to the "Delphi Compiler" section and make
sure the "Unit scope names" item includes the "System" namespace. Depending
on what your package uses, you might also have to include the "System.Win",
"WinAPI", and "Vcl" namespaces as well.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> tomek wrote:
>
> > I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After
> > that I tried build the package. But I recived error message:
> >
> > "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas'
> > or binary equivalents (.dcu)".
>
> Starting with XE2, all of Embarcadero's packages are now prefixed with namespace
> names.  In the Project Options, go to the "Delphi Compiler" section and make
> sure the "Unit scope names" item includes the "System" namespace. Depending
> on what your package uses, you might also have to include the "System.Win",
> "WinAPI", and "Vcl" namespaces as well.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

I had included that namespaces, but error stilled appeard. So I uinstall C++ Builder and install again.
Now package compile correct but I recive error durring linking:

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'VCL.SAMPLES.CALENDAR.OBJ'

On this page (https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=404266) I read taht I should comment out line
"#include <Vcl.[...].hpp>" (in my case #include <Vcl.Samples.Calendar.hpp>)
But in my case that line is in machine generated header, so i can't change that line.
0
tomek
12/12/2011 8:31:03 PM
Hi, I solved  my last problem, by adding to project files: designide.bpi,vclib.bpi,vclsmp.bpi. C++ Builder didn't add automatically that files, during adding *.pas files.

Now I recive new error during linking:
[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'WINDOWS.OBJ'.

Have anyone idea what should i do.
0
tomek
12/18/2011 11:29:05 AM
tomek wrote:

> Hi, I solved  my last problem, by adding to project files:
> designide.bpi,vclib.bpi,vclsmp.bpi. C++ Builder didn't add
> automatically that files, during adding *.pas files.

The designide package can only be used in a design-time package.  Make sure
you DO NOT try to use it in a run-time package.

> Now I recive new error during linking:
> [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'WINDOWS.OBJ'.
> Have anyone idea what should i do.

In the Project Options, make sure "WinApi" (and maybe also "System.Win")
is specified in the "Unit Scope Names" list.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> > Now I recive new error during linking:
> > [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'WINDOWS.OBJ'.
> > Have anyone idea what should i do.
>
> In the Project Options, make sure "WinApi" (and maybe also "System.Win")
> is specified in the "Unit Scope Names" list.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Dabiel

Install Component Issue with C++ Builder XE2
When I click on "Component" from the menu and choose "Install Component" (literally right as I choose that) I get this error: "Access violation at address 207DF804 in module 'coreide160.bpl'. Read of address 00000000. {code} [207DF804]{coreide160.bpl} IDEServices.TOTAEnvironmentOptions.GetOptionValue (Line 1766, "IDEServices.pas" + 4) + $1 [207DF7D3]{coreide160.bpl} IDEServices.TOTAEnvironmentOptions.GetOptionValue (Line 1762, "IDEServices.pas" + 0) + $27 [50043095]{rtl160.bpl } System.@IntfCopy (Line 29882, "System.pas"...

Installing C++Builder and Delphi XE2 on the same computer. [Edit]
Presently I have purchased, downloaded and installed C++Builder Pro off of the ISO file named “Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 ISO (includes Update 3)”, now with the BOGO offer I want to install Delphi on the same machine. I was given a link to download Delphi but it is the same link for the C++Builder installation which is a download with Update 1 only, that’s why I installed off the ISO file. My question(s) are: (1)-does the installation know what flavor of RAD by the serial number provided and therefore installs Delphi XE2? (2)-If installing on the same computer, will both applications uti...

Problem with installation SMC Component in C++ Builder XE2
I can't install SMCmpnt.dpk in Builder XE2. When I try to open this file then is Error: "The project can not be loaded because the required personality Delphi. Personality is not available." If I remove SMCmpnt.dproj file - nothing happens after I try to open SMCmpnt.dpk file. I asked Mike Shkolnik (smc creator) and probably I doing everything correct. Do someone have the same problem? Any ideas? ...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Component in C++ Builder XE2 and old-style unit names [Edit]
Dear Gentlemans, I am developing my Delphi component for Delphi and C++ Builder, and I am having one problem with latest version of CBuilder XE2. Since my components are supporting Delphi 6 and new versions, I am using standard (old-style) unit names in uses section: {code} uses Controls, Graphics.... {code} Delphi XE2 work fine even with old-style unit names. But I am having problems with C++ Builder XE2. It seems that I need to use Vcl.Controls, Vcl.Graphics... since I am receiving error if I use old-style names. I may solve this by adding {$IFDEF...} directives, bu...

Install and use "pas" components in C++ Builder 2010
Hi all, I know that this topic is not new an there are many threads about it. I have read a lot of them and try to resolve my problem but it fail every time :( So I want to describe my problem and maybe, hopefully, someone can help me? :) I currently migrate an old Borland C++ Builder 5.0 project to C++ Builder 2010. I have many problems, but one of them are old third party components. This are all Delphi components and from each component I have the *.pas, *.hpp and *.dcu file. If I try to install a componente via "Component->Install packages->Add", I have to select ...

C++ Builder XE2 Trial DataSnap Server wizard errors and workarounds [Edit]
Hi, Just installed C++ Builder XE2 Trial and tried to create a new DataSnap Server application. When option "Mobile Connectors" was checked, an error "The specified path was not found" occured and no project files created. See workaround http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=98517 When I used DataSnap Server wizard with default options, project will created, but compiler gived me an error "[BRCC32 Error] Project1.vrc(58): file not found: c:\program files\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\bin\delphi_PROJECTICON.ico". Changing project icon manually to "...

C++ Builder XE2 and Delphi XE2 Trial Version
Currently I have C++ Builder XE2 Professional installed on my system. A coworker developed a client application that was written in Delphi XE2. I would like to install the Delphi XE2 trial version onto my system to compile and run the Delphi code. Should I be able to do that. I downloaded the Delphi Trial Version and tried to install it but the installer thinks I want to re-install my C++ Builder. I even tried upgrading using the new trial version serial number. No luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Joe I also tried download the Rad Studio XE2 trial version and again I...

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

C Builder XE2 Install
I started installing C Builder XE2 (actually Rad Studio XE2) and I just noticed after installing many 3rd party components that NONE OF THE STANDARD BCB libraries installed (only DCUs)!!!! I am guessing I have to do a complete reinstall which takes HOURS!!!!! Best regards, Shane ...

Using a component from c++ builder
Hi: I have a component I wrote in c++Builder, how can I reuse this component in delphi? This component is non-visual and is not on any pallet--if this makes a difference! Any help apreciated. Sean. Hello, you can't use C++ code from Delphi. You could however declare an interface or an abstract base class in Delphi and derive your class from it. -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" ...

How Can I use the compliers used under Dev-C++ in C++ builder?
How Can I use the compliers (for instance GCC, ...) used under Dev-C++ in C++ builder? In my program,I used boost lambda expression under Dev-C++ due to the fact that C++ builder 2009 do not support such expression. But Dev-C++ do not support RAD(rapid application development). It is hard to establish the common graphic GUI under windows.So I want to use the compliers of Dev-C++ in C++ builder. And I do not know how to manage it. Where can I get the related materials or advices? Can any one with kindness help me? Il Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:29:59 -0700, lserjt lserjt <> ha scritto:...

Using OpenGl in C++ Builder XE2
Hi, I'd like to use openGl in my application using C++ in RAD Studio XE2 environment. I see that the installation comes with openGl header files but it looks like the version it is using is V1.1. I'd like to use OpenGl version V1.3. Can anyone tell me if that is possible and if yes how to install the new OpenGl into RAD Studio XE2. Thanks, Joe WinAPI only offers support for version 1.1. For extensions used wglGetProcAddress function or your video card specific libraries (.h/.lib/.dll). > {quote:title=Neagu Laurentiu wrote:}{quote} > WinAPI only offers support...

Using Delphi component in C++ Builder
Hi, I've found a code for creating avi files using JPEG files.Its name is TAviWriter v.1.0. I would like to use it in C++ Builder. If I install it in Delphi, i don´t see it in C++ Builder. I ´ve do a new project in C++ and I´ve add three pascal files: AviWriter_2.pas BMP2AVI.pas Silence.pas The proyect builds correctly but It doesn´t run correctly. It doesn´t generate avi file while in Delphi yes do it. I have two questions. Do I need any pragma for using pascal code in c++? How can I install a Delphi Component in Codegear c++? Best Regegards. Droi...

Web resources about - installing component in C++ Builder XE2 Trial [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.using

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper