component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009

hi all,
I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009.
when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad)
but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it.
what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version?
regards
js
0
john
4/30/2009 2:23:07 PM
📁 embarcadero.cppbuilder.using
📃 1848 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 970 Views

I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole
duel IDE component installation but...
From what I can tell, you have to open RAD studio (NOT the Delphi or BCB
IDE - they are referred to as personalities) and install the VCL's that way.
Secondly, there are various compile options that allow you to build you
packages so that the necessary C++ and / or Pascal file are generated.
There was a great article on the BCB journal (relating to LockBox) which
explains this.
HTH
Mike Collins
<john smith> wrote in message news:111393@forums.codegear.com...
> hi all,
> I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD
> studio 2009.
0
Mike
4/30/2009 9:56:24 PM
no
> {quote:title=Mike Collins wrote:}{quote}
> I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole
> duel IDE component installation but...
>
> From what I can tell, you have to open RAD studio (NOT the Delphi or BCB
> IDE - they are referred to as personalities) and install the VCL's that way.
>
> Secondly, there are various compile options that allow you to build you
> packages so that the necessary C++ and / or Pascal file are generated.
> There was a great article on the BCB journal (relating to LockBox) which
> explains this.
>
> HTH
>
> Mike Collins
>
> <john smith> wrote in message news:111393@forums.codegear.com...
> > hi all,
> > I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD
> > studio 2009.
0
john
5/1/2009 2:54:28 AM
- does this mean that you have or have not solved your problem?
Mike C
<john smith> wrote in message news:111618@forums.codegear.com...
> no
0