sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6 - How to run Delphi code in C++ Builder?

The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder.

 [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf]

   a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions:
        Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path

How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible?
0
Eliseu
3/10/2014 4:13:57 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.tools 1275 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote}
> The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder.

Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder, as they share the same RTL/VCL/FMX frameworks, and the C++ compiler has extensions to support various Delphi functionality.

> {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote}
> How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible?

The free version of the library provides precompiled .dcu files.  C++Builder cannot use those files directly.  You would have to first compile those files into a Delphi Package, and then install that Package into C++Builder.  Otherwise, purchase the library source code (< $100) and add the library's .pas source files into your C++Builder project directly.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> The free version of the library provides precompiled .dcu files.  C++Builder cannot use those files directly.  You would have to first compile those files into a Delphi Package, and then install that Package into C++Builder.  Otherwise, purchase the library source code (< $100) and add the library's .pas source files into your C++Builder project directly.

Remy Lebeau, do you think C++ Builder 6 (that very old one) can run this? I will buy sgcWebSockets if you say so. :)

Edited by: Eliseu Martins Gomes on Mar 11, 2014 7:01 AM
0
Eliseu
3/11/2014 2:01:50 PM
Eliseu wrote:

> Remy Lebeau, do you think C++ Builder 6 (that very old one) can
> run this?

I cannot answer that, as I do not know what compiler/RTL features this library
depends on.  You will have to ask the library author if BCB6 is supported.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

I've added the includes that are documented \source \libDXE6\win64 and \dcp\win64  (also have tried other platforms) to the library path.

I open sgcWebSocketsCXE6.groupproj and try to MAKE or BUILD it and get errors:

[bcc32 Warning] W8123 Path 'c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\14.0\include\vcl' not found - path ignored in option '-I'
[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'SGCJSON.OBJ'

Here are the instructions that give, which I don't totally understand:
4. From CBuilder Choose File, Open and browse for the correct Packages\sgcWebSockets.groupproj (First compile sgcWebSocketsX.dpk and then install dclsgcWebSocketsX.dpk)
sgcWebSocketsCXE6.groupproj : C++ Builder XE6

Does anyone have insight as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
John
0
John
5/9/2014 1:00:51 PM
(First *compile sgcWebSocketsX.dpk* and then *install dclsgcWebSocketsX.dpk*)

Can someone please explain how to do these two steps?

Thanks,
John
0
John
5/9/2014 8:06:18 PM

> Can someone please explain how to do these two steps?

For CBuilder XE6, do the following:

File -> Open -> sgcWebSocketsCXE6.groupproj

In the Project Manager (top right window), two files will show up:
sgcWebSocketsCXE6.bpl
and
dclsgcWebSocketsCXE6.bpl

RIGHT-CLICK on sgcWebSocketsCXE6.bpl and from the drop down menu select BUILD.

RIGHT-CLICK on dclsgcWebSocketsCXE6.bpl and from the drop down menu select BUILD.
If you get ERRORS at this point, you will need to contact esegece.com to get an update and then start these steps over again.

RIGHT-CLICK on dclsgcWebSocketsCXE6.bpl and from the drop down menu select INSTALL.

After successfully installed, SGC WebSockets and SGC WebSockets Protocols will appear in your Tool Palette.
0
John

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007
I am working on project written in C++ Builder 4, it uses TMS Component pack. Now the TMS Component pack has been upgraded so i do not find any compatible version of TMS Component to use with C++ Builder 4. I need to upgrade my code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007. I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible with C++ Builder 2007. Thanks Arshdeep wrote: > I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible > with C++ Builder 2007. Feisible, but do take into account that there have been RTL/VCL changes between BCB4 and CB2007, so y...

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

Static code analysis tool for C++Builder code?
Are there any static code analysis tools that work with C++Builder VCL C++ code? <Vincent Leonty> wrote in message news:243736@forums.embarcadero.com... > Are there any static code analysis tools that work with C++Builder VCL C++ > code? You mean like PC-Lint? PC-Lint has partial support for C++Builder code (the main issue is __property). However, PC-Lint does not, by itself, support C++Builder project files, so to analyze a project, you must create a response file for your project. This is a major undertaking, and for large projects, it is not one I would recomm...

C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009
Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I complete software migration? Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional. Thanks, Roberto Hello, Roberto Meneghini wrote: > Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer > while I complete software migration? yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having? -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed: "Exception EPackageRegistrationEx...

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

ANN: WPTools 6.20 for Delphi 5 to Delphi XE2 & C++Builder
WPTools V6.20 is available now. If you work with Delphi or C++Builder our WPTools Version 6 is the perfect text wordprocessing component for You. It is a native VCL Component with all the editing features which are common to powerful wordprocessing applications and wordprocessing controls. With the PRO and Premium License you get 100% object pascal source. WPTools can be used as a powerful word processor and to create programmatically controlled text. It has a very versatile mail-merge feature which can be enhanced with the "WPReporter addon" to also work with bands. So it ...

Delphi C++ Builder Intermingling of Code
I saw a marketing bullet point about improved interoperability between C++ Builder code and Delphi code, but I'm still at a loss as to what I can and can not transfer across the C++/Delphi barrier using D2009 and BCB2009. Can I transfer classes across the boundary? Is there some documentation on this somewhere? -- John M. Jacobson Hello, The improved interop mentioned refers to C++ constructs/extensions added to the compiler and runtime to support features of the Delphi language that were not accessible from C++ before. For example, class methods could not be access...

Using delphi code in C++ builder?
Hi there, How do I go about integrating delphi code into a C++ builder (2007) project. We have a delphi developer that wants to contribute. Is this possible in C++ builder 2007? We also own RAD Studio 2009 licences. I could probably work this out myself but why waste my time when someone here already knows the answer!!! Thanks in advance... Ashley "Ashley Duncan" wrote in message news:214785@forums.codegear.com... > How do I go about integrating delphi code into a C++ builder (2007) > project. Add the .pas files to the project. You won't be abl...

Delphi Code to C++ Builder 2010
I have the following piece of Delphi code. What is the best way to perform this code in C++ Builder 2010? Thanks, Tom AssignFile(F, sFile); Reset(F); Seek(F, 28); Write(F, Value); {Where Value is Byte} CloseFile(F); On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 07:08:25 -0800 Tom Woods <twoods@gobaker.com> wrote: > I have the following piece of Delphi code. What is the best way to > perform this code in C++ Builder 2010? > > Thanks, > Tom > > AssignFile(F, sFile); > Reset(F); > Seek(F, 28); > Write(F, Value); {Where Value is Byte} > CloseFile(F); ...

Delphi 7 to C++Builder 6
Hi, I have a Sample code of an application for Fingerprints processing in Delphi 7 will it be possible to convert it to C++Builder 6 if I paste each event here ? Thanks Alain Would someone convert this to C++Builder 6 please (It's Delphi 2007) unit EnrollmentOptionsForm; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls, ExtCtrls, NCore, NUtils, NBiometrics; type TEnrollmentOptionsFrom = class(TForm) SearchForDuplicatesCheckBox: TCheckBox; MinimalMinutiaCountCheckBox: TCheckBox; UseQualityChec...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE
What are the correct steps that I need to perform to go from a trial of C++ Builder XE Architect Trial to a purchased copy of C++ Builder Professional XE? I want to make sure that no traces are left from the installation of the trial version. Thanks I phoned support and here is the reply: Run the 'Modify, Repair, Uninstall' link in the Embarcadero start menu. Then choose 'Upgrade' and follow instructions. ...

Web resources about - sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6 - How to run Delphi code in C++ Builder? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.tools