Has anyone installed Virtual Treeview on C++ Builder 2009 or 2010? [Edit]

I tried to install it on 2009 but the installation says:

BPL Output Directory is not defined in "Environment Options"
DCP Output Directory is not defined in "Environment Options"

Furthermore after this failed I tried manually using this guide:

1. Open VirtualTreesC6.bpk project.
2. If you try and build you will get an error about the ThemeManagerC6.bpi, remove all reference to it.
3. The project also requires ThemeManagerC6.bpi, delete the reference.
4. Add C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib\psdk\oleacc.lib to the contains folder in the project.
5. Build the project.
6. Open VirtualTreesC6D.bpk project.
7. Add "..\Source" to your include path.
8. Build the project.
9. When I tired to install, I got an error about not finding virtualtreesc6.bpl. I copied C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\Projects\Bpl\virtualtreesc6.bpl to C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin, and was able to install the component.

And managed to install it and drop it onto a form but after compiling the application it resulted in messagebox: 0xc0000005 error when the application is launched.

So does anyone know a working way how to install this component?
0
John
7/9/2010 2:50:12 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.tools 1275 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=John May wrote:}{quote}
> So does anyone know a working way how to install this component?

I succeeded on CB2010.

These are the successful ways.
* Create new empty project and add sources referenced by original project.
* If you have Delphi too, use Delphi project and change project option to be able to use C++Builder.
Change option [Project|Options|Delphi Compiler|Linking|Linker output]  to "Generate all C++ Builder files (including package libs)".

Please try this archive. URL is http://a7m.sakura.ne.jp/SOURCE/Mustangpeak_CB2010.7z
These projects are Mustangpeak components and Virtual Treeview for CB2010.
But not done enough test.

Edited by: Shinji Chikugi on Jul 9, 2010 1:57 PM
1
Shinji
7/9/2010 4:57:53 AM
> Please try this archive. URL is http://a7m.sakura.ne.jp/SOURCE/Mustangpeak_CB2010.7z

I tried compiling using this package on CB2009. First I got the problem it cannot find #include <basepch.h>. That is solved easily by adding $(BDS)\include\vcl to project include path. After adding this, Runtime package compiles but linker reports:

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'LresultFromObject' referenced from C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\DOCUMENTS\RAD STUDIO\6.0\INTERMED\VIRTUALTREES.OBJ

Design time package compiles and links fine no problems.

I also tried creating my own package, but got similar errors. Unfortunately don't have Delphi to try to convert project to CB2009.

Any idea how to overcome this linker error?
0
John
7/9/2010 4:09:16 PM
I just discovered that the provided installer works just fine but as long as Delphi personality is installed. If you only have C++ Builder personality installed like I have, the installer will fail. So, the easy way to install it is to have Delphi personality installed along with CB.
0
John

Virtual Treeview installer for C++Builder 2010?
Hello, i've been using VirtualTreeview in C++ Builder 6, but i just bought C++ Buider 2010 and couldn't manage to install it. Is there (or will be) any Virtual Treeview installer for C++ Builder 2010? Thanks! <Antonio Martinez> wrote in message news:231264@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hello, i've been using VirtualTreeview in C++ Builder 6, but i just bought > C++ Buider 2010 and couldn't manage to install it. > > Is there (or will be) any Virtual Treeview installer for C++ Builder 2010? I have no idea if there will be an installer for 2010, but...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Virtual Treeview and c++ builder 2009
I'm trying to load a single VT with data from a .txt-file, but something goes wrong. The program compiles, but when i try to run the program, i get an "access violation at 0x0b99f4bc: read of address 0x0b99f4bc" I have tried to translate my Delphi-code into c++ Builder 2009 code, but i am not so fluent in c++ yet. I guess that something is wrong in the LoadNode-procedure. Here is the actual code: (c++ builder 2009) struct TTreeData { String TestStr; }; typedef TTreeData* PTreeData; //---------------------------------------------------- void __fastc...

Problems with Virtual Treeview in C++ Builder 2009
I have installed the Vitrual Treewiev in C++ Builder 2009, included the paths in Directories and Conditionals, but when i try to run the program, the message [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to open file 'VIRTUALTREES.RES' appear. This is NOT happening when i uncheck the Build with runtime packages-option in the Component-meny. The program runs fine then. But i want to build the program without the runtime packages. What must i do to solve this problem? -- BB > I have installed the Vitrual Treewiev in C++ Builder 2009, included the > paths in Directories and Con...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

Can Virtual Treeview install on the trial version of BDS 2007 and 2009 [Edit]
Dear folks, I downloaded trial copies of BDS 2007 and 2009 onto two different PCs to see if Virtual Treeview from Soft Gems can be installed on them using the VT installer 4.8.5 (the latest). On BDS 2009 I initially did not install Delphi; it seemed without Delphi VT cannot be compiled, I got *************************************** Delphi version12 not detected *************************************** *************************************** BEGIN: Compiling Component Package *************************************** Validating Output Folders BPL Output Directory is not defined ...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole ...

C++Builder 2010 is here! [Edit]
C++Builder 2010 is officially announced and available. You can get more information here on the C++Builder product page: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder You can download a trial of C++Builder 2010 or Embarcadero RAD Studio which includes C++Builder 2010 plus Delphi 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010 here: https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/c_builder See the press release here: http://etnaweb04.embarcadero.com/news/press_releases/Delphi_2010_with_Touch_and_Major_Upgrades_to_RAD_Studio_Product_Family.php And more info on all the RAD 2010 products here: http://etnaweb04.e...

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009
Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I complete software migration? Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional. Thanks, Roberto Hello, Roberto Meneghini wrote: > Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer > while I complete software migration? yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having? -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed: "Exception EPackageRegistrationEx...

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

re-install C++ builder [Edit]
I've just had my computer crash on me! and I had to re-install my copy of c++ Builder 4.0 from cd. It had some troubles readin files from disk, so I had to manually install the program. (Not using the install or setup files that come on the cd) All worked fine except some components on the Internet palette. I was able to determine that they were from nmfast40.bpl library. I was not able to find such a file on my system. the only one I could find with that name is in the C++ builder/libs directory and that one has an extension of .bpi, which is the wrong extension. Do anyone kno...

Problems after installing C++ Builder 2009
I install C++ Builder 2009(trial edition) and didn't uninstall BCB6. In other words, there are two suites of BCB software in my computer(OS is WindowsXP with SP2). Now, there has some problems with the project which has GodeGuard validation. In BCB6, it can compiler, but there has error messages at run time(see attachments); In builder 2009, there are some link errors during compiler time: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_DESC' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\EXE_PROJECT1.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_THIS' referenc...

c++ builder 2009 indy installation
Hi, I've downloaded the indyTiburon zip file and I'm trying to install it in my c++ builder 2009. The old version of indy that I have is 10.1.1 which is coming with c++ builder. First, my IDE cannot open the dpk files for an unknown reason. I do: file->open project->(dpk file)->click open. The IDE doesn't seem to do anything and the project not open. So I've ran the FullD12.bat file and it compiled correctly. I've removed the indy components from the IDE and removed all indy files from my computer. The removed files are: - bin/indy*.pbl - bin/dcl...

Web resources about - Has anyone installed Virtual Treeview on C++ Builder 2009 or 2010? [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.tools

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Brisbane's new public art installed
From a distance, it looks like Commissioner Gordon's Bat-signal.

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

'Spyware' installed on rental laptops