XP Question

Not sure which group to post this in.

Anyway, does anyone know how to startup windows XP without showing windows
screens? I want the pc to start up without showing any microsoft specific stuff.
How to do that? Any hints? I know how to bypass the login screen, but before
that there is a windows screen with a progress bar..

Thanks,
Totte
0
totte
10/1/2010 6:59:12 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Il Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:59:12 -0700, totte karlsson <tottek@gmail.com> ha scritto:

>Not sure which group to post this in.
>
>Anyway, does anyone know how to startup windows XP without showing windows
>screens? I want the pc to start up without showing any microsoft specific stuff.
>How to do that? Any hints? I know how to bypass the login screen, but before
>that there is a windows screen with a progress bar..
>

>Thanks,

Hi Totte,

    have a look at BootSkin:

http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

Best Regards.

Giuliano
0
Giuliano
10/1/2010 8:17:09 PM
If want  to remove the screen with the progress bar and get a blank screen instead,
just add a /NOGUIBOOT switch to the boot.ini file.
This can be done by either directly editing this file or running msconfig.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833721

Google for "/noguiboot" or "remove windows xp startup screen".

HTH

Eudy
0
Eudy
10/2/2010 1:13:40 AM
Cool, thats what I need,

thanks
totte

On 10/1/2010 6:13 PM, Eudy Silva wrote:
> If want  to remove the screen with the progress bar and get a blank screen instead,
> just add a /NOGUIBOOT switch to the boot.ini file.
> This can be done by either directly editing this file or running msconfig.exe
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833721
>
> Google for "/noguiboot" or "remove windows xp startup screen".
>
> HTH
>
> Eudy
0
totte