Regarding C++ Builder 1-6 Updates

Hi!
There seems to be a problem with some of the links to C++ Builder updates: ( http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/37236 )
Specifically C++ Builder 4 Update 2 ( http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches/bcpp4/english/BCB4UP2.EXE )
 and just about any link that starts with http://info.borland.com....
Is this a known problem or do the files not exist anymore?
Kindest regards
  Magnus Hansson
0
Magnus
11/19/2011 3:41:22 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Magnus wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with some of the links to C++ Builder
> updates: ( http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/37236 )
> Specifically C++ Builder 4 Update 2 (
> http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches/bcpp4/english/B
> CB4UP2.EXE )
> and just about any link that starts with http://info.borland.com....
> Is this a known problem or do the files not exist anymore?

The links are broken, as the "info.borland.com" subdomain is no longer valid,
and I imagine that any "borland.com" link will not work anymore considering
that Borland does not own the developer tools anymore.  Everything should
be under Embarcadero's domain (the CodeGear links will likely still work
for a time, too).

If you are a registered user, there are links to available downloads in your
EDN account.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> Magnus wrote:
>
> > There seems to be a problem with some of the links to C++ Builder
> > updates: ( http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/37236 )
> > Specifically C++ Builder 4 Update 2 (
> > http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches/bcpp4/english/B
> > CB4UP2.EXE )
> > and just about any link that starts with http://info.borland.com....
> > Is this a known problem or do the files not exist anymore?
>
> The links are broken, as the "info.borland.com" subdomain is no longer valid,
> and I imagine that any "borland.com" link will not work anymore considering
> that Borland does not own the developer tools anymore.  Everything should
> be under Embarcadero's domain (the CodeGear links will likely still work
> for a time, too).
>
> If you are a registered user, there are links to available downloads in your
> EDN account.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Magnus
11/21/2011 6:59:06 PM
Magnus wrote:

> The problem is that I am not a registered C++ Builder 4 user. I got
> the CB4 Professional version from a magazine's a companion DVD. It
> came with registration details to fill in.
> So no luck with my EDN account :-/
> Any ideas how to get the specific file I've mentioned?

Unless I am mistaken, I don't think they carry updates for version prior
to BCB 6 anymore.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> Magnus wrote:
>
> > The problem is that I am not a registered C++ Builder 4 user. I got
> > the CB4 Professional version from a magazine's a companion DVD. It
> > came with registration details to fill in.
> > So no luck with my EDN account :-/
> > Any ideas how to get the specific file I've mentioned?
>
> Unless I am mistaken, I don't think they carry updates for version prior
> to BCB 6 anymore.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Magnus
11/21/2011 7:52:33 PM
Hello Magnus.

I know it's a old topic but anyway.
You can get the C++Builder 4.0 Update #2 from archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101030162135/http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches/

Regards

> {quote:title=Magnus Hansson wrote:}{quote}
> Hi!
> There seems to be a problem with some of the links to C++ Builder updates: ( http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/37236 )
> Specifically C++ Builder 4 Update 2 ( http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches/bcpp4/english/BCB4UP2.EXE )
>  and just about any link that starts with http://info.borland.com....
> Is this a known problem or do the files not exist anymore?
> Kindest regards
>   Magnus Hansson
0
Veiko
3/11/2012 11:14:07 AM
Thank you very much. Wasn't aware of that site.

> {quote:title=Veiko Aring wrote:}{quote}
> Hello Magnus.
>
> I know it's a old topic but anyway.
> You can get the C++Builder 4.0 Update #2 from archive:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20101030162135/http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches/
>

> Regards
>
> > {quote:title=Magnus Hansson wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi!
> > There seems to be a problem with some of the links to C++ Builder updates: ( http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/37236 )
> > Specifically C++ Builder 4 Update 2 ( http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches/bcpp4/english/BCB4UP2.EXE )
> >  and just about any link that starts with http://info.borland.com....
> > Is this a known problem or do the files not exist anymore?
> > Kindest regards
> >   Magnus Hansson
0
Magnus