RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder Roadmap - March 2014

Hi.

In case you missed it (didn`t see it posted here):

http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/43677

--- snip ---
Features and Technologies Expected in 2014

* A new release of the C++ compiler for Win32, with full support for the C++ 11 language specification *

--- snap ---

So there is still hope! :)

Best Regards
Eike Petersen

Lycares IT, Eike Petersen
Web: www.lycares.de
0
Eike
3/5/2014 5:31:35 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Eike wrote:

> * A new release of the C++ compiler for Win32, with full support for
> the C++ 11 language specification *

However, it specifically mentions Win32 only.  So that begs the question:
will the other 32bit compilers - OSX, iOS, Android - also be updated to support
C++11 or not?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

--
Working on the Mercurial Integration for RAD Studio:
http://www.vx68k.org/hgbds
Kaz wrote:

> I have thought all ARM compilers are already Clang-based and
> supports C++11 (not including library issues).

Only the Win64 and iOS compilers use CLang at this time:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Clang-based_C%2B%2B_Compilers
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/C%2B%2B11_Features_Supported_by_RAD_Studio_Clang-based_C%2B%2B_Compilers
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/C%2B%2B11_Language_Features_Compliance_Status

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

--
Working on the Mercurial Integration for RAD Studio:
http://www.vx68k.org/hgbds
0
Kaz
> Eike wrote:
>
> > * A new release of the C++ compiler for Win32, with full support for
> > the C++ 11 language specification *
>
> However, it specifically mentions Win32 only.  So that begs the question:
> will the other 32bit compilers - OSX, iOS, Android - also be updated to support
> C++11 or not?
>
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

I also wonder if it means the new Clang-based 64-bit compiler has been ported to emit 32-bit code, too.  I remember (no source sorry) that the biggest problem with this was implementing SEH - maybe they've done that.

Having one compiler across all platforms would be a really good thing - having several different compilers is a recipe for trouble and incompatibility.  Also the differences in the 32 and 64 bit compilers are a small disincentive to upgrade your code to 64-bit; if both compilers are the same then any code changes necessary for compiler or language compatibility will apply to both, which is great.

Cheers,

David
0
David

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD Studio
I noticed I have C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD studio in my start menu folder (2009). What is the difference between these applications and which one should I run??? <Ashley Duncan> wrote in message news:238315@forums.embarcadero.com... > I noticed I have C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD studio in my > start menu folder (2009). What is the difference between > these applications and which one should I run??? The C++Builder and Delphi shortcuts start up the IDE with only those individual personalities loaded, respectively. The RAD Studio shortcut starts the IDE with all i...

Delphi/C++ Builder/Rad Studio surverys: who receives them?
It looks new surveys are around, but it's very unclear how people are selected to receive the link. Marco Cantù posted a working one but it is for RAD Studio (which we no longer buy, only Delphi now), while there should be Delphi and C++ Builder specific surveys too. I did not find any reference on Embarcardero web site. This way it looks just another bad PR move by Embarcadero. I understand that invitation-only surveys tied to edn accounts (and product buys history) could be better than those open to everybody - but sincerely as a long time customer of Enterprise SKUs (latest i...

Help Update 2 for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2
Didn't notice any announcement yet, but seems to be available from: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28638 ...

C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/. Our first preview covers just a few of the many new IDE features and enhancements in C++Builder and Delphi 2010. Additional preview videos and blog links will be published regularly up to the release date of the 2010 versions. Please stop by to see what's coming in C++Builder 2010. Thanks, Tim Tim DelChiaro wrote: > The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/. > > Our first preview covers just a few of the...

ANN: Dialog Workshop for Delphi/C++Builder for RAD Studio 2009!
New version is available for RAD Studio 2009! Please visit http://www.componentage.com for details. Additional information about the product: Create your own custom common dialogs without writing a line of code. You can dock your Delphi form to bottom, top, left and/or right of the dialog box and add your own controls in the standard common dialog. Now supported: - Open/Save, - OpenDialog with recent files (MRU) list similar to VB6 Open dialog, - Lightwight Open/Save, - BrowseForFolder, - Print, - Color, - PageSetup; - Font; - Find; - Replace; - Abou...

RAD Studio package vs separate Delphi/C++Builder ones
In Abbrevia right now I have separate packages for Delphi and C++Builder. The Delphi one is a .dpk/.dproj and the C++Builder one is a ..cpp/.cbproj. From testing it appears both can't be installed at the same time, and they don't work with the opposite personality. Is there a way to create a single "RAD Studio" package that would work for both personalities, and if so, would it work if you only had one or the other installed? -- Craig Peterson Scooter Software Hello, Craig Peterson wrote: > Is there a way to create a single "RAD Studio&quo...

Limited Time Special on Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2
<rant> They did it again. Because I am a long time Delphi user and a maintenance customer I can't use this promotion. (http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41785) All I get is: •Die übermittelte Seriennummer (XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX) wurde nicht im vorgesehenen Angebotszeitraum registriert I hate this! I want the free goodies too! </rant> Not that I really need this software, but if I pay my annual fee, I dont want to be a second class citizen. These promotions make me wonder if a maintenance plan is the best choice. OK, don't take this to serious...

RAD Studio/Delphi/C++Builder XE5 links & resources [Edit]
*NOTE* : On the bottom of this post I included *additional* links/resources updates for easy *jumps/anchors* in the current thread) Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE5 with True Native Android and iOS Support http://www.embarcadero.com/press-releases/embarcadero-launches-rad-studio-xe5-with-android-and-ios-support What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE5 - Android, REST Library & more... http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/What%27s_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE5 http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Category:XE5 http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADSt...

Re: C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
<Eric Hufschmid> wrote in message news:145900@forums.codegear.com... > Have any of you people noticed that we have been lied to about the 9/11 > attack, and other crimes? Do you realize that there really is a large > crime gang operating in the world and fooling people into assisting with > their crimes? Take a look at the collapse of Building 7, of the World > Trade Center, if you don't know what I'm talking about. Watch the video, > "9/11, A Closer Look" at HugeQuestions.com. It's worse than that - check out www.drjudywood.com to se...

InfoPower FM for RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder XE5 -but how to "register"?
Just saw on downloads the notice for this Information shows "Available free to registered users of Delphi XE5, C++Builder XE5, RAD Studio XE5 (except Starter editions), and Embarcadero All-Access who purchase by December 31, 2013. Must register and redeem free item by January 14, 2014." I have installed it, (no program..menu), and it seems to work, but there is no information on 'how to register'. Did I miss something. (I will email woll2woll) - just wondering. TIA Rudy Poseika wrote: > Just saw on downloads the notice for this > > Information ...

ANN: RAD Studio XE5 Delphi and C++ Builder versions of Mitov Software's LabPacks
Dear Customers, Embarcadero has recently released RAD Studio XE5 with Android support. We are proud to announce that we are in process of porting a number of our libraries to support Android. This is a slow and lengthy process, and as result we probably will delay official RAD Studio XE5 release until we have sufficiently completed the Android work. In the mean time however we will make prereleases available for RAD Studio XE5 tested under Windows. The prereleases will be carefully tested and as stable as official releases, however the documentation for them will not be u...

ANN: RAD Studio XE5 Delphi and C++ Builder versions of Mitov Software's LabPacks
Dear Customers, Embarcadero has recently released RAD Studio XE5 with Android support. We are proud to announce that we are in process of porting a number of our libraries to support Android. This is a slow and lengthy process, and as result we probably will delay official RAD Studio XE5 release until we have sufficiently completed the Android work. In the mean time however we will make prereleases available for RAD Studio XE5 tested under Windows. The prereleases will be carefully tested and as stable as official releases, however the documentation for them will not be u...

Web resources about - RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder Roadmap - March 2014 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...