Profiler for builder 2009

I am looking for a profiling tool to identify some bottle neccks in my code.

I am just running (or trying to run) AQtime but wondered whether there are any other good tools out there?
0
Paul
12/3/2010 9:57:19 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<Paul Sanderson> wrote in message news:310948@forums.embarcadero.com...
>I am looking for a profiling tool to identify some bottle neccks in my
>code.
>
> I am just running (or trying to run) AQtime but wondered whether there are
> any other good tools out there?

Are you having trouble with AQtime?  In my experience, AQtime is about as
good as they get, and I think more recent versions of C++Builder even
include a "lite" version of AQtime.  I've heard people here mention Intel's
VTune, but I don't know how well (or even if) it works with C++Builder.

Personally, I like AQtime.  It does everything I want it to (and more).  It
even reminds me a little bit of the old Turbo Profiler that Borland used to
ship with their compilers back in the "good old days."

- Dennis
0
Dennis
12/3/2010 11:03:14 PM
Downloaded 14 day demo version and instaled yesterday - registered across the web (with activation key provided) but it still asks for an activation code and fails when i enter the one providede. Have obtained a second code with the same results.

emailed AQtime support yesterday afternoon but have not had an answer...

> {quote:title=Dennis Jones wrote:}{quote}
> <Paul Sanderson> wrote in message news:310948@forums.embarcadero.com...
> >I am looking for a profiling tool to identify some bottle neccks in my
> >code.
> >
> > I am just running (or trying to run) AQtime but wondered whether there are
> > any other good tools out there?
>
> Are you having trouble with AQtime?  In my experience, AQtime is about as
> good as they get, and I think more recent versions of C++Builder even
> include a "lite" version of AQtime.  I've heard people here mention Intel's
> VTune, but I don't know how well (or even if) it works with C++Builder.
>
> Personally, I like AQtime.  It does everything I want it to (and more).  It
> even reminds me a little bit of the old Turbo Profiler that Borland used to
> ship with their compilers back in the "good old days."
>
> - Dennis
0
Paul
12/4/2010 12:15:01 PM
<Paul Sanderson> wrote in message news:311088@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Downloaded 14 day demo version and instaled yesterday - registered across
> the web (with activation key provided) but it still asks for an activation
> code and fails when i enter the one providede. Have obtained a second code
> with the same results.
>
> emailed AQtime support yesterday afternoon but have not had an answer...

You won't get an answer over the weekend, of course, but you should get one
next week.  Don't give up on AQtime.  It's a very good tool -- you're not
likely to find one much better, especially one that works with
C++Builder/Delphi so well.  A lot of software vendors have given up (or
won't even bother) supporting C++Builder, so AutomatedQA (now SmartBear) is
a rarity.

- Dennis
0
Dennis
12/4/2010 4:10:45 PM
Thanks Dennis

I'll see how they respond tomorrow - its typical though as i have planned to eval over this weekend & next couple fo days nut other work may now prevent me doing anything from weds for the next couple of weeks - hope there is flex on the 14 day eval as that started 2 days ago.

In the meanitime Ihave just down loaded vtune so i'll see how i get on with that.

> {quote:title=Dennis Jones wrote:}{quote}
> <Paul Sanderson> wrote in message news:311088@forums.embarcadero.com...
> > Downloaded 14 day demo version and instaled yesterday - registered across
> > the web (with activation key provided) but it still asks for an activation
> > code and fails when i enter the one providede. Have obtained a second code
> > with the same results.
> >
> > emailed AQtime support yesterday afternoon but have not had an answer...
>
> You won't get an answer over the weekend, of course, but you should get one
> next week.  Don't give up on AQtime.  It's a very good tool -- you're not
> likely to find one much better, especially one that works with
> C++Builder/Delphi so well.  A lot of software vendors have given up (or
> won't even bother) supporting C++Builder, so AutomatedQA (now SmartBear) is
> a rarity.
>
> - Dennis
0
Paul
12/5/2010 3:12:50 PM
There may be better options, but I have occasionally used this with bds2006:
http://www.tneumann.de/en/profiler.html

<Paul Sanderson> wrote in message news:310948@forums.embarcadero.com...
>I am looking for a profiling tool to identify some bottle neccks in my
>code.
>
> I am just running (or trying to run) AQtime but wondered whether there are
> any other good tools out there?
0
david

Startup of C++Builder 2009 OR Delphi 2009
On startup of C++Builder 2009 OR Delphi 2009 I get the following Error message during the loading of bcbcompro120.bpl OR delphicompro120.bpl :- Windows -- No Disk X Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c Cancel Try Again Continue If I click 'Continue' seven times the program loads and seems to work. ...

BPL - Delphi 2009 + Builder 2009
I'm trying to install a BPL created in Delphi 2009 at Builder 2009. No error occurs at instalation, but, don´t appear in the palette components of Builder 2009. This is possible or not? Thank You Marcio Tomazelli "SMARAPD Informática Ltda" <=?Utf-8?Q?SMARAPD_Inform=C3=A1tica_Ltda?=> wrote in message news:46526@forums.codegear.com... > I'm trying to install a BPL created in Delphi 2009 at Builder > 2009. No error occurs at instalation, but, don´t appear in > the palette components of Builder 2009. Did you enable the "G...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole ...

C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009
Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I complete software migration? Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional. Thanks, Roberto Hello, Roberto Meneghini wrote: > Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer > while I complete software migration? yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having? -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed: "Exception EPackageRegistrationEx...

To profile or not to profile
I'm starting a new project. I have made a decision to use Membership for authorisation and now I have a problem of choosing the type of accessing some additional properties for users. I have a table Person which contains date of birth, marital status and so on for each user. The easiest way to realize such a functionality is to use Profile with TableProfilerProvider (which stores properties in normalized table). But I don't like the idea of using the Profile. It is difficult to extend this provider to get some more functionality (for example, to get persons of some age). In this case...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Help me download Hotfix 2 for Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009
I am recovering from a hard drive crash. I am installing CB 2009 on a Windows 7-64 bit computer. I need to download the "ID: 27476, Hotfix 2 for Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009" from the web page below. This requires a user name and password that was used to register cb2009. This information was saved on the hard drive that crashed. How can I get the needed user name and password? http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/27476 ID: 27476, Hotfix 2 for Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009 Thanks Patrick Mikula I pulled the needed user name and password off my dead harddrive so I ...

Delphi / C++ Builder 2009 Update2 and TImage or PBear HTMLViewer for 2009
Hello, when i use the HTMLViewer componnet in my programm the linker shows the following messages: [ILINK32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'Pnglang::_EPngInvalidCRCText' referenziert von C:\PROGRAM FILES\CODEGEAR\RAD STUDIO\6.0\LIB\OBJ\PNGIMAGE.OBJ [ILINK32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'Pnglang::_EPNGCannotAssignChunkText' referenziert von C:\PROGRAM FILES\CODEGEAR\RAD STUDIO\6.0\LIB\OBJ\PNGIMAGE.OBJ [ILINK32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'Pnglang::_EPNGInvalidIHDRText' referenziert von C:\PROGRAM FILES\CODEGEAR...

Saving profiles using Web Profile Builder 1.3.0.0
I'm using Web Profile Builder 1.3.0.0 in visualstudio 2005 Pro Edition eng-USA, already read it worked with this class, but to save the lack ProfileCommon or something equivalent in the same routine as in the rescue of the code below I correctly solve the rescue of customized profiles in the database of SqlProfile Under the code-behind of my Asp.Net Ajax Enabled Web Application Project1 using System; 2 using System.Data; 3 using System.Configuration; 4 using System.Collections; 5 using System.Web; 6 using System.Web.Security; 7 using System.Web.UI; 8 using...

C++Builder 2009 and Delphi 2009 information now available on codegear.com
The Delphi and C++Builder pages on http://www.codegear.com have now been updated with new 2009 product information. http://www.codegear.com/products/delphi/win32 http://www.codegear.com/products/cppbuilder Thanks, Tim Tim DelChiaro wrote: > The Delphi and C++Builder pages on http://www.codegear.com have now been updated with new 2009 product information. > Which version of Indy will be shipped with C++ Builder 2009? Dennis Cote Dennis Cote wrote: > Which version of Indy will be shipped with C++ Builder 2009? It will be a version of Indy 10 updated with U...

c_str()
I have problems a lot using c_str()... *Example :* String sDir; sDir = Ediretorio->Text+"CEC02500.txt"; fpArqSaida = *fopen( sDir.c_str(), "wt" );* *Error:* [BCC32 Error] MC223700.cpp(27): E2034 Cannot convert 'wchar_t *' to 'const char *' What is the correct syntax ? Any ideas ? Thanks Marcio Tomazelli SMARAPD Informática Ltda wrote: > I have problems a lot using c_str()... > > *Example :* > > String sDir; > sDir = Ediretorio->Text+"CEC02500.txt"; > fpArqSaida = *fop...

C++ Builder Profiler
Hi, Where can I find (Hopefully free) a Profiler for C++ Builder 2010 Pro? I remember earlier BCBs came with a profiler. Thanks -Bill Hello, Bill Engst wrote: > Where can I find (Hopefully free) a Profiler for C++ Builder 2010 > Pro? http://tneumann.de/en/profiler.html > I remember earlier BCBs came with a profiler. BCB? Sure about that? I think some Borland C++ products came with Turbo Profiler, but that was back in the DOS days. -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" Bill Engst wrote: > Where can I find (Hopefully free) a Profile...

builder 2009 and TButton
Hello, I just did the following under builder 2009 File->VCL Form New Application C++ Builder Placed a TButton and added Image to TButton. Run->Click the button. The image started fade in and fade out automatically until the focus is removed from the TButton. How can i remove this behaviour of TButton Thanks Any comments Even we can see this behaviour without image. Run VCL Form Application and Place TButton. Mousemove over the TButton, the button starts fading. Thanks ...

C++ builder 2009
I expect this is the wrong newsgroup, but it is my favourite. I am using C++ builder 6, Personal version. Is it worth my while upgrading to 2009 version? Will builder 6 still be supported for some time? George Probyn <George Probyn> wrote in message news:49852@forums.codegear.com... > I expect this is the wrong newsgroup, but it is my favourite. That does not make it the right group, though. Please always post to the correct groups. When in doubt about where to post a message, ask in the "non-technical" group first and someone will direct you. > I am u...

Web resources about - Profiler for builder 2009 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech

EU Profiler
Discover your position in the political landscape for the 2009 European Parliament Elections

Public Profiler
The Great Britain Family Name Mapping website presents the findings of a project based at University College London (UCL) that investigated the ...

Wind profiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A wind profiler is a type of weather observing equipment that uses radar or sound waves ( SODAR ) to detect the wind speed and direction at various ...

Beauty Profiler on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Beauty Profiler. Download Beauty Profiler and enjoy it on your ...

William Tyrrell: Forensic profiler reveals details about three-year-old's suspected kidnapper
A criminal profiler reveals details about the person police suspect may have abducted toddler William Tyrrell.

Elliot Rodger, suspect in California killing spree, wanted to 'take control': criminal profiler - CTV ...
A clearer picture of Elliot Rodger, the young man who went on a killing spree that resulted in the deaths of seven people, including himself, ...

Former FBI profiler weighs in on mystery surrounding shooting outside Mission Valley mall
A former FBI profiler is weighing in on the mystery surrounding the shooting deaths of two people outside a Mission Valley mall.

FBI profiler says suspect in missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway case could strike again
WESTMINSTER - As the search for evidence in the Jessica Ridgeway investigation continues, the search for a suspect is intensifying. The FBI ...

Who Profiles The Profilers?
On Monday, the Justice Department issued updated guidelines ( pdf ) to federal law enforcement agencies on profiling – be it by race, nationality, ...

OS X: About System Information and System Profiler - Apple Support
You can use System Information to see a summary of information about your Mac.