C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview

The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/.

Our first preview covers just a few of the many new IDE features and enhancements in C++Builder and Delphi 2010.

Additional preview videos and blog links will be published regularly up to the release date of the 2010 versions.

Please stop by to see what's coming in C++Builder 2010.

Thanks,

Tim
0
Tim
8/4/2009 5:12:55 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tim DelChiaro wrote:
> The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/.
>
> Our first preview covers just a few of the many new IDE features and enhancements in C++Builder and Delphi 2010.
>
> Additional preview videos and blog links will be published regularly up to the release date of the 2010 versions.
>
> Please stop by to see what's coming in C++Builder 2010.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

Is there a (tentative) release date yet?  Release to customers, not RTM..

David Erbas-White
0
David
8/4/2009 5:25:44 PM
In article <145106@forums.codegear.com>,
 David Erbas-White <derbas@arachneering.com> wrote:

> Is there a (tentative) release date yet?  Release to customers, not RTM..

   I expect the countdown timer on the page cited above to be pretty
close.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
David Dean (Embarcadero) wrote:
> In article <145106@forums.codegear.com>,
>  David Erbas-White <derbas@arachneering.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a (tentative) release date yet?  Release to customers, not RTM..
>
>    I expect the countdown timer on the page cited above to be pretty
> close.

Ok, didn't see it the first time.  Given the placement, I actually had
to look a couple of times before it 'registered'.

David Erbas-White
0
David
8/4/2009 6:07:09 PM
David Dean (Embarcadero) wrote:
> In article <145106@forums.codegear.com>,
>  David Erbas-White <derbas@arachneering.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a (tentative) release date yet?  Release to customers, not RTM..
>
>    I expect the countdown timer on the page cited above to be pretty
> close.

Nice.  Approx. 20 days. I actually have a chance in getting
something before my SA expires.

Edmund
0
Edmund
8/5/2009 1:30:10 AM
> {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote}
> The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/.

Will the 2010 version fix a particular problem that the 2009 version had? Here is my description of it:

After using the 2009 version for a couple of months, I went back to CodeGear / C++Builder 2007 (whatever the proper name is) mainly because when my software failed, the 2007 version would always stop on the error and show me where in my source code the error was, and I could see the 'call list' and the global variables. I could also evaluate the global variables.

With 2009, when my program failed, I would sometimes get the correct information, but many times it would break on what I assume was its own internal code, which showed me nothing of value. And so I had no idea where in my source code the error was coming from.

The inability to figure out where in the source code a fatal error was coming from caused me to switch back to the 2007 version.

By the way, a feature that was useful in the very old versions was 'break on change', which would allow us to tell the debugger to break when a particular variable changes. I don't understand why you removed that feature. That was useful.

The other annoying feature about C++Builder 2009 was that it requires us to switch to Unicode strings regardless of whether we need it. As a result, I couldn't use my old source code. I had to waste a lot of time making changes so that the 2009 compiler would accept the older source code. That would have been acceptable if the 2009 compiler was better, but it was worse, so I went back to the older source code and the older compiler.

Your demand that we switch to Unicode makes it seem as if you are part of that mysterious group that is described on the Internet as the "New World Order". Namely, a group of criminal goofballs with college degrees who think that they're special people who will take over the world and force us to submit to their particular ideas on a global community!

Have any of you people noticed that we have been lied to about the 9/11 attack, and other crimes? Do you realize that there really is a large crime gang operating in the world and fooling people into assisting with their crimes? Take a look at the collapse of Building 7, of the World Trade Center, if you don't know what I'm talking about. Watch the video, "9/11, A Closer Look" at HugeQuestions.com.
0
Eric
8/6/2009 3:53:27 PM
"Eric Hufschmid" wrote in message news:145900@forums.codegear.com...

> a feature that was useful in the very old versions was 'break on change',
> which would allow us to tell the debugger to break when a particular
> variable changes.

You'll need to provide details about how you configured that in CB2007.  The
way I know how to do that is by adding a "data breakpoint" which is
accessible in the Breakpoint List pane.  This feature is still present in
CB2009.

> The other annoying feature about C++Builder 2009 was that it requires us
> to switch to Unicode strings regardless of whether we need it.

Unicode is a very nice standard that was created to address the problems
relating to character sets and the mess of using code pages.  It allows a
programmer to be able to write programs that will display characters from
almost any language without needing to worry about the implementation
details.

String is a fundamental type that is used everywhere in the VCL.  It would
have been near impossible for CodeGear to offer two versions of the VCL --
one that uses AnsiString and one that uses UnicodeString.  Prior to CB2009
third-party component packages existed that offered Unicode support but
using them always felt awkward (at least for me).  Plus, you were always
limited to using components that they had made (unless one wanted to become
a Unicode expert and provide support for one's custom components).

You are still free to code your programs using AnsiString internally (to
avoid the NWO) and will only suffer a performance hit when converting
strings for display.  BTW, performance of a native UnicodeString application
can actually be faster than its AnsiString counterpart since Windows has
been fully Unicode (for almost all API functions dealing with strings) since
Win2000.  The API performs string translations from Ansi to Unicode
internally and then invokes the Wide string version of the function.

Clayton
0
Clayton
8/6/2009 10:40:19 PM
Looks good, but is it fully compatible with Windows 7 or do we need to wait
until 2011?
Russell

"Tim DelChiaro" wrote in message news:145098@forums.codegear.com...
> The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at
> http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/.
>
> Our first preview covers just a few of the many new IDE features and
> enhancements in C++Builder and Delphi 2010.
>
> Additional preview videos and blog links will be published regularly up to
> the release date of the 2010 versions.
>
> Please stop by to see what's coming in C++Builder 2010.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
0
Russell
8/7/2009 9:03:56 PM
In article <146508@forums.codegear.com>,
 Russell Peters <notme@somewhere.else> wrote:

> Looks good, but is it fully compatible with Windows 7 or do we need to wait
> until 2011?

   We will be shipping with the Windows 7 SDK and will be supporting
those features.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

What's changed in C++ Compiler in 2010 ?
How it's matched with latest C++ standard ?
Is it possible to compile LAST Boost version (without special patches) ?

Is it really good compiler in comparison with gcc & vc 2010 & intel ICC or it just toy in addition to Delphi ?

I can't find this kind of information. What I can find - just advertises of IDE, but not core tools.
I don't need perfect IDE, it could be just good, but I need core tools to be compatible with most source code.
Speedy, compact code is also plus. And I don't need 64bit for next couple years.

Sergei
0
Serguei

with which version of Boost will C++ Builder 2010 be shipped?
Will the standard compatibility be improved so that one can use more boost libraries in future?

Daniel
0
Daniel
8/9/2009 3:57:16 PM
Il Fri, 7 Aug 2009 19:58:51 -0700, Serguei Kouratov <> ha scritto:

>Is it really good compiler in comparison with gcc & vc 2010 & intel ICC or it just toy in addition to Delphi ?

I don't know if it's only a toy (for me isn't a toy but a productive tool),
however this very-ugly-showstopper-core-compiler-regressive-bug is still open:

http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=73553

I hope that they are closing (fixing) this bug before shipping of the new RS2010.

Regards

Giuliano
0
Giuliano
8/10/2009 1:32:28 PM
In article <147059@forums.codegear.com>, Daniel Nettels <> wrote:

> with which version of Boost will C++ Builder 2010 be shipped?

   We will be shipping a custom patched boost 1_39_0

> Will the standard compatibility be improved so that one can use more
> boost libraries in future?

   That is indeed one of our goals.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
In article <146610@forums.codegear.com>, Serguei Kouratov <> wrote:

> What's changed in C++ Compiler in 2010 ?

   That's too vague of a question to answer precisely... New features
include:
[[deprecated]]
#pragma once
secure C Library functions
The compiler generating XML representations of your code.

What are you looking for other than those things mentioned below?

> How it's matched with latest C++ standard ?

   Better than 95% on each of the plum hall suites if memory serves. I
can't access the machine with those results at the moment...

> Is it possible to compile LAST Boost version (without special patches) ?

   We'll be shipping with the current version of boost (1_39_0) already
patched to recognize the new compiler.

> Is it really good compiler in comparison with gcc & vc 2010 & intel ICC or it
> just toy in addition to Delphi ?

   It is most definitely not a toy.

> I don't need perfect IDE, it could be just good, but I need core tools to be
> compatible with most source code.

   Indeed, that is why I have automated builds of many open source
projects such as wxWidgets, Xerces, boost. Is there a specific library
you would like to see testing against?
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
 Giuliano . <bidoneaspiratutto@live.it> wrote:

> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=73553

   If I haven't given you the status of this by the end of the month,
please ping me.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
David Dean (Embarcadero) wrote:
> In article <146610@forums.codegear.com>, Serguei Kouratov <> wrote:
>
>   Indeed, that is why I have automated builds of many open source
> projects such as wxWidgets, Xerces, boost. Is there a specific library
> you would like to see testing against?

Yes, Boost.  The various Boost authors got tried of working around the
compiler problems/bugs/limitations in C++Builder and the organizers
eventually dropped it from their list of supported compilers.  Since Boost
isn't performing tests and publishing results for C++Builder anymore, are
compiler status reports for Boost using the most recent compiler versions
(2007, 2009,  & 2010) available from CodeGear?  Boost used to have web pages
listing the compilers' statuses for multiple versions of Boost, including
all of the individual tests and the overall results for each of the
libraries.  Can something like that be made available on the CodeGear
website?

- Dennis
0
Dennis
8/11/2009 4:39:20 AM
Il Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:01:10 -0700, David Dean (Embarcadero)
<david.dean.no@spam.embarcadero.com> ha scritto:

>   If I haven't given you the status of this by the end of the month,
>please ping me.

Ok. I'm glad to see that you are interested in this bug. Good luck then.
I wait anxiously for the resolution. :-)

Thank you.

Giuliano
0
Giuliano
8/11/2009 6:53:54 AM
Actually now days I use several open-source libraries, like:
- xvid, x264, mad, lame, speex encoders
- sometimes I use open-source QT and wxWindows
- about Boost many people already told

If you could confirm this libraries could be compiled with c++ 2010 it would be nice.

Sergei
0
Serguei
8/11/2009 10:17:42 AM
David Dean (Embarcadero) wrote:
> projects such as wxWidgets, Xerces, boost. Is there a specific library
> you would like to see testing against?

ACE <G>
0
Alex
8/11/2009 4:20:07 PM
Serguei Kouratov wrote:
> Actually now days I use several open-source libraries, like:
> - xvid, x264, mad, lame, speex encoders

Speex is straight C code. I recall having no problems compiling it 4
years ago. Maybe they use more of C99 features now that BCB doesn't
support though.
0
Alex
8/11/2009 4:21:59 PM
In article <148000@forums.codegear.com>, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> wrote:

> > projects such as wxWidgets, Xerces, boost. Is there a specific library
> > you would like to see testing against?
>
> ACE <G>

   Working on it...
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
In article <147841@forums.codegear.com>, Serguei Kouratov <> wrote:

> - xvid, x264, mad, lame, speex encoders

   I'll add these to my list

> - sometimes I use open-source QT and wxWindows

   wxWidgets (formerly wxWindows) is actively tested. (each compiler
build)
   QT is tested, but there are three bugs that prevent it from compiling
straight from svn at the moment. (although they have reasonable
workarounds)
238478 Cannot find template type parameter for anonymous unions
248250 typename template definitions needing wrapped() in certain
situations
248251 Ternary operator (?:) does not always convert expressions to the
same type
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
wrote:

> Yes, Boost.  The various Boost authors got tried of working around the
> compiler problems/bugs/limitations in C++Builder and the organizers
> eventually dropped it from their list of supported compilers.

   That isn't entirely accurate. They never stopped shipping support for
our compilers and have been taking patches. We just aren't used in their
determination of whether to release or not.

> Since Boost
> isn't performing tests and publishing results for C++Builder anymore,

Regression testings is done daily:

<http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html>

I've also gotten permission to set up a "CodeGear" official runner, and
will be adding that as soon as is practical. (and my results are much
better than what you will see there)

> are
> compiler status reports for Boost using the most recent compiler versions
> (2007, 2009,  & 2010) available from CodeGear?

   We've written a quick and dirty parser for the .xml file that the
regression runner produces. I can probably post the results from that in
my blog when time permits.

> Boost used to have web pages
> listing the compilers' statuses for multiple versions of Boost, including
> all of the individual tests and the overall results for each of the
> libraries.  Can something like that be made available on the CodeGear
> website?

   I'm sure the reports they generate (see above link) could be
generated locally. I just haven't had an opportunity to investigate how
it is done so that we could publish them directly. This is in my long
term plan, but there is a list of things ahead of it.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
David Dean (Embarcadero) wrote:

>    Working on it...

Me too :)

I've downloaded it and started setting up projects. Right now I'm stuck
trying to figure out while a header is included when a macro is defined
not to.
0
Alex
8/11/2009 8:00:10 PM
David Dean (Embarcadero) wrote:
> In article <147748@forums.codegear.com>, Dennis Jones <Dennis Jones>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, Boost.  The various Boost authors got tried of working around
>> the compiler problems/bugs/limitations in C++Builder and the
>> organizers eventually dropped it from their list of supported
>> compilers.
>
>   That isn't entirely accurate. They never stopped shipping support
> for our compilers and have been taking patches. We just aren't used
> in their determination of whether to release or not.

Ah yes, that's right.  I just misremembered (not surprising in my old age!).

>> Since Boost
>> isn't performing tests and publishing results for C++Builder anymore,
>
> Regression testings is done daily:
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html

Thanks, that's what I was looking for (I couldn't find a pointer to it
yesterday).

> I've also gotten permission to set up a "CodeGear" official runner,
> and will be adding that as soon as is practical. (and my results are
> much better than what you will see there)

I sure hope so!  Those results are abysmal.

>> are
>> compiler status reports for Boost using the most recent compiler
>> versions (2007, 2009,  & 2010) available from CodeGear?
>
>   We've written a quick and dirty parser for the .xml file that the
> regression runner produces. I can probably post the results from that
> in my blog when time permits.

Great.

>> Boost used to have web pages
>> listing the compilers' statuses for multiple versions of Boost,
>> including all of the individual tests and the overall results for
>> each of the libraries.  Can something like that be made available on
>> the CodeGear website?
>
>   I'm sure the reports they generate (see above link) could be
> generated locally. I just haven't had an opportunity to investigate
> how it is done so that we could publish them directly. This is in my
> long term plan, but there is a list of things ahead of it.

I'm looking forward to it.

- Dennis
0
Dennis
8/11/2009 9:10:18 PM
> {quote:title=Clayton Arends wrote:}{quote}
> "Eric Hufschmid" wrote in message news:145900@forums.codegear.com...
>
> > a feature that was useful in the very old versions was 'break on change',
> > which would allow us to tell the debugger to break when a particular
> > variable changes.
>
> You'll need to provide details about how you configured that in CB2007.  The
> way I know how to do that is by adding a "data breakpoint" which is
> accessible in the Breakpoint List pane.  This feature is still present in
> CB2009.

To provide more detail, with C builder 2006, if I added a variable to the 'Watch List', I could click my right mouse button on that variable, and a menu would appear. I could then select the option to 'Break on Change'. The program would then run until the contents of that variable changed.

I don't see this feature in 2007, or in the 2009 version.
0
Eric
8/12/2009 11:37:49 PM
In article <148823@forums.codegear.com>, Eric Hufschmid <> wrote:

> To provide more detail, with C builder 2006, if I added a variable to the
> 'Watch List', I could click my right mouse button on that variable, and a
> menu would appear. I could then select the option to 'Break on Change'. The
> program would then run until the contents of that variable changed.
>
> I don't see this feature in 2007, or in the 2009 version.

   Put this in QC and I'll make sure it gets promoted.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

Fraser.
0
Fraser
8/14/2009 1:55:19 PM
Il Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:01:10 -0700, David Dean (Embarcadero)
<david.dean.no@spam.embarcadero.com> ha scritto:

>In article <147254@forums.codegear.com>,
> Giuliano . <bidoneaspiratutto@live.it> wrote:
>
>> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=73553
>
>   If I haven't given you the status of this by the end of the month,
>please ping me.

Hi,

    any news related to the aforementioned bug (QC Report #: 73553)?

Thanks.

Giuliano
0
Giuliano
8/28/2009 7:18:00 AM
Giuliano . <bidoneaspiratutto@live.it> writes:

>     any news related to the aforementioned bug (QC Report #: 73553)?

I just checked and see it marked as fixed internally.  The QC report hasn't been updated yet..

Regards,
Lee
0
Lee
8/28/2009 2:43:17 PM
Il Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:43:17 -0700, Lee Cantey <Lee.Cantey@embarcadero.com> ha scritto:

>Giuliano . <bidoneaspiratutto@live.it> writes:
>
>>     any news related to the aforementioned bug (QC Report #: 73553)?
>
>I just checked and see it marked as fixed internally.  The QC report hasn't been updated yet..
>
>Regards,
>Lee

Hi Lee!

This is a very beautiful news!
Kudos to the C++ compiler team. :-)

Thanks.

Regards

Giuliano
0
Giuliano

Re: C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
<Eric Hufschmid> wrote in message news:145900@forums.codegear.com... > Have any of you people noticed that we have been lied to about the 9/11 > attack, and other crimes? Do you realize that there really is a large > crime gang operating in the world and fooling people into assisting with > their crimes? Take a look at the collapse of Building 7, of the World > Trade Center, if you don't know what I'm talking about. Watch the video, > "9/11, A Closer Look" at HugeQuestions.com. It's worse than that - check out www.drjudywood.com to se...

Moved: 9/11 discussion was: C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
From: Mark Jacobs <mark@jacobsm.com> Subject: Re: C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview Message-ID: <151898@forums.codegear.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:21:59 -0700 https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=150212 -- David Dean (Embarcadero) Lead C++ QA Engineer ...

C++Builder 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 webinars
Four new webinars on C++Builder 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 products What’s New in C++Builder 2010 Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA09008CGWebinar827 What’s new in Delphi 2010 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA09008CGWebinar826 RAD Studio 2010 Overview Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA0908CGWebinar903 Introduction to Delphi Prism 2010 Friday, August 28, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://updat...

RAD Studio 2010 Hotfix 1 for C++Builder 2010 is now available
Hotfix 1 for C++Builder 2010 is now available. Registered users can get Hotfix 1 and other updates and additional free software at http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/c_builder. Here's the readme with more information. RAD Studio 2010 Hotfix 1 This software patch is being provided to licensed users of Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010. Installation and use are governed by the license statement for Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010. This Hotfix applies to: Product: Embarcadero RAD Studio, C++Builder Version: 2010 Update level: Update 4 / Update 5 (Database Pack) Editions: Professional, En...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 webinars
Here are some webinars coming up in the next couple weeks. Sign up if you want an in-depth look at the new 2010 versions. What’s new in Delphi 2010 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA09008CGWebinar826 What’s New in C++Builder 2010 Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA09008CGWebinar827 Introduction to Delphi Prism 2010 Friday, August 28, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA09008CGWebinar828 RAD Studio 2010 Overview Thursday, Se...

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Delphi Prism 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 webinars
Introduction to Delphi Prism 2010 Friday, August 28, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA09008CGWebinar828 RAD Studio 2010 Overview Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA0908CGWebinar903 What’s new in Delphi 2010 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA09008CGWebinar826 What’s New in C++Builder 2010 Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT http://update.codegear.com/forms/AMUSCA09008CGWebinar827 ...

RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010
Well, Visual Studio 2010 is now available, I believe. And the reviews of it have been pretty positive. Though, its price has gone up. So, how does RAD Studio stack up to the latest from MS? On 2010-04-13 22:27:30 +0200, Paul Doland said: > Well, Visual Studio 2010 is now available, I believe. And the reviews > of it have been pretty positive. Though, its price has gone up. So, > how does RAD Studio stack up to the latest from MS? For one thing, next month RAD Studio 2010 will *include* Visual Studio 2010. ;) On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:06:44 -0700, marc hoffman <mh@spa...

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

ANN: Entire TMS VCL product line supports Delphi 2010 & C++Builder 2010
We are delighted to inform that all our VCL components are now supporting the latest Embarcadero IDEs. This means that active registered users can obtain free updates for any VCL product purchased with support for Delphi 2010 & C++Builder 2010. We now also have fully functional trial versions of all our VCL products specifically for Delphi 2010 & C++Builder 2010 at http://www.tmssoftware.com At the same time, our entire VCL IntraWeb product line now also supports the latest version IntraWeb 10 across all Delphi & C++Builder versions. Trial downloads for IntraWeb 10...

kbmemTable, RAD STUDIO Builder C++ 2010
Hi. I want to install kbmemTable, in RAD STUDIO Builder C++ 2010, but i have only support for delphi components, nothing for C++ 2010??? I really don't know how to install that component in Builder C++ 2010!!!! Please help! ...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

Web resources about - C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview - embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...