Borland C++ Builder 6.0 SSL/HTTPS question

Hi

Not sure which forum to really post this in.

I am using BCPPB6 to maintain some legacy projects. One of these needs to GET data from a https URL. I found that the TNMHTTP comnponent that I have used for standard http GET operations in the past does not support https. However the Indy TIdHTTP component apparantly does.

With some trial and error I have found that it needs an Intercept component (TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL) and needs InterceptEnabled set to true. I then found that I need to have an OpenSSL libraryavailable. Thus I downloaded the latest version from http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/, extracted the two dll files and placed these into my application folder. However I continue to get the error "Could not load SSL library.". I have also tried it with archived versions of the OpenSSL from 2001 (around the date of
my CPPB) and experimented with having the dlls in the System32 folder, all with the same error.

Is there anyone that can tell me what I am still doing wrong?

Cheers
Bas Groeneveld
0
Bas
11/3/2010 4:06:44 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<Bas Groeneveld> wrote in message news:302551@forums.embarcadero.com...

> I then found that I need to have an OpenSSL libraryavailable.
> Thus I downloaded the latest version from http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/

That release will not work.  Older versions of Indy, like the one shipped
with BCB6 (Indy 8), require custom-made OpenSSL DLLs, which are not
available on Fulgan.  This is because Indy used to rely on functionality
that the standard DLLs did not expose at the time, and thus Indy had to
compile extra functions into the DLLs.  Indy did not start using the
standard OpenSSL DLLs as-is until Indy 10.

Try this old download, though I am not sure if it works with Indy 8 or not:

http://www.intelicom.si/www.nsf/docs/6GERPJGIBC?opendocument&cat=9&doc=6GERPJGIBC&lang=en

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> Try this old download, though I am not sure if it works with Indy 8 or not:
>
> http://www.intelicom.si/www.nsf/docs/6GERPJGIBC?opendocument&cat=9&doc=6GERPJGIBC&lang=en

Thanks heaps Remy

That version is correct and fixes the problem. With this I can continue to use the default Indy components and don't have to purchase a new set of commercial components.

Cheers
Bas
0
Bas
11/4/2010 1:07:28 AM
If it helps, Malcolm Smith has just posted a message on .thirdpartytools
about running Indy on older versions of BCB

Des
0
Des
11/4/2010 1:30:52 PM
"Des O'Toole" <des> wrote in message news:302972@forums.embarcadero.com...

> If it helps, Malcolm Smith has just posted a message on
> .thirdpartytools about running Indy on older versions of BCB

Malcolm's post has to do with him shipping precompiled versions of Indy 9
and 10 for C++.  That does not include Indy 8 (which Bas is using).  Even
then, Malcolm only covers Indy itself, not OpenSSL.  You still need to find
and use the appropriate OpenSSL DLLs for whatever version of Indy you decide
to use.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Problem with OleObject in XE4 (shifting from Borland C++ Builder 6.0)
Dear all, Please help, those who faced this problem and solved it... I'm all the time trying to shift from Borland C++ Builder 6.0 to Embarcader C++ Builder XE4 and all the time it becomes almost impossible. This time I tried to create an Excel automation object. In Borland C++ Builder it was ok, in XE4 it seems to be problematic, at least for this moment. Here is the code: _______________________________________________________________________________ #include <ComObj.hpp> .... OleVariant u1_xl_app, u1_xl_wkbs, u1_xl_wkb, u1_xl_wkss, u1_xl_wks; // xl_dr - data rang...

6.0 to 6.0 migration questions
I am preparing to migrate a 6.0SP5 server to new hardware with the same OS. Yes, I know it's an old OS but the management just laughs at me when I suggest the upgrade. In my test lab, I've run a couple migrations successfully. However, iManager is broken after each migration. Neither IE nor Firefox will display anything using https://[server-ip]:2200/eMFrame/iManage.html. I can get to the Remote Manager but there is no link to iManager. Suggestions? Should I install the live server license on the Pre-Migration server or use the demo license and wait until after the cu...

10.0.6 & 10.0.7 updates will not properly install in C++ Builder 2009
Okay, it looks like there is a problem with C++ Builder 2009 IntraWeb updates. I ran my Delphi 2009 (we bought both) and the updates definately installed there (log on standalone server shows IntraWeb version 10.0.7.. source code shows 10.0.7 being used). Everyone who has C++ Builder 2009 and has installed the new updates I need you to look at your standalone server log or your Source code on your intraweb browser, I'm betting you will see 10.0.0 instead of 10.0.7. Is there anyone at Embarcadero who can test to see if this is true? Have the updates been fully tested to make sure t...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

Borland C Builder 6 updates
Does anyone know where I can get the borland updates anymore? I need the updates for builder 6 (update 1 and 2 if possible) as they have a fix for a variant issue that is not in update 4; Cheers Hi, are you sure you need them? The documentation to upd4 tells me it includes 1,2 and 3, so I would be worried if I dropped some files I would need. What I do have are some other fixes, maybe you can find them by file name upd1: BCB6P01.ZIP (39kB) ... C++Builder 6 Special Help Update upd2: cb6errs_pro.zip (560kB) ... another Help Update kind regards Ingo In article <1462...

Noob question C++ Builder 6
Am trying to code a button that each time when the user clicks it saves the number he typed in the editbox into an array and then use another button to search through the numbers he typed and do some calculations but i keep getting errors dont know why here is my code for the 2 button: OK button for entering the numbers and Sum for searching through the array and do some calculations in the header file private: int myArray[]; void __fastcall TForm1::OKBtnClick(TObject *Sender) { int i = 0; myArray[] = EditBox1->Text.ToInt(); i++ InputBox->...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

SSL disabled (?) after install of 2.0.0.6 AND 2.0.0.9
Name: David L. Mohn Email: ultramohnatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: SSL disabled (?) after install of 2.0.0.6 AND 2.0.0.9 Comments: I've been using FF 2.0 on a Chinese Win 98se system for some time. Last month, I decided to upgrade to 2.0.0.6. After installing and reopening, I received this related message saying that there was difficulty with the security options and that SSL had been disabled. After checking SSL settings and finding that they were actually NOT disabled, I checked Mozillazine forums and tried my best to fix the prob. No such luck. I return...

Regarding migration From Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0
Hi, We have a PFC based distributed application using Transport Obejct .We are using MSSQL SERVER 2005 database. We have a task of migrating this application from Power Builder 6.0 to Power Builder 9.0 .Please suggest us steps for migration. Thanks & regards, P.P http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html I would also recommend (a) migrating your existing PFC layer with the app and then (b) directly moving to the PFC layer supplied with PB9 after migratoin. A number of changes were made including remving the tr...

[ID 20000316.012] OK: perl v5.6.0 +v5.6.0-RC2 on sun4-solaris 2.6, Sun C Workshop 4 .2 (UNINSTALLED)
This is a success report for perl from fisherm@tce.com, generated with the help of perlbug 1.27 running under perl v5.6.0. Perl reported to build OK on this system. --- Site configuration information for perl v5.6.0: Configured by fisherm at Thu Mar 16 09:48:45 EST 2000. Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 0) configuration: Platform: osname=solaris, osvers=2.6, archname=sun4-solaris uname='sunos ctm 5.6 generic_105181-16 sun4u sparc sunw,ultra-30 ' config_args='' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define use...

Lint & Borland C++ 6.0
Dear all, does it exist some tutorial in order to learn how to use Lin for Borland C++ (6.0 Update 4) application develop? Regards, Mauro. in particular, I mean PC-Lint from Gimpel Software [http://www.gimpel.com/] Kind regards, Mauro. mauro russo wrote: > in particular, I mean PC-Lint from Gimpel Software > [http://www.gimpel.com/] No. The best you are going to get is the basic instructions from Gimpel and they're pre-built compiler settings. It's hard to configure Lint for BCB because you have to configure all your paths and other settings on a proje...

C++Builder 6.0 Insert Disk2
While installing C++ Builder 6 pro, I am being prompted to insert DISK2, but only 1 DVD was delivered. What can I do to complete the installation? Laura Radichel yazmış: > While installing C++ Builder 6 pro, I am being prompted to insert DISK2, but only 1 DVD was delivered. What can I do to complete the installation? Copy your DVD to a new directory in your disk. Try to install from this new directory. Sabetay ...

Converting from Borland C++ Builder 6 to XE5
I tested several applications developped under Borland C++ Builder 6 and all "normal" projects using forms and units compiled nicely under XE5 with a small problem that some labels or buttons seem to look slightly different. However, the few console applications I had did not compile at all. I got many "unresolved external ...." in connection with AnsiStrings. I used AnsiStrings also in the projects mentioned first, so I am sure it is a simple include-statement which I am missing in the console applicatio ns and which is different to BCB6. Any hint? Peter wrote: > ...

Web resources about - Borland C++ Builder 6.0 SSL/HTTPS question - embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech

Warren Truss nods off during Malcolm Turnbull question time monologue
We've all been there. It's late in the work day and&nbsp;your boss is waxing lyrical about a policy that's&nbsp;important but tedious. On top ...

Submit your questions for Autoblog Podcast #465
Filed under: Podcasts On Episode #465 of the Autoblog Podcast, we'll discuss the demise of Scion, consider the best forgotten cars, and answer ...

Yahoo!: CNBC’s Faber Questions Ebitda, Cramer Demands to Know About a Sale
Shares of Yahoo! ( YHOO ) are down $1.89, or 7%, at $27.17, as the Street mulls the company’s announcement yesterday afternoon of a lower-than-expected ...

13 questions you need to ask in an interview before joining a startup
Joining a startup can be an incredibly rewarding experience, but it's also a risky move, since a lot of startups end up failing. One way to avoid ...

Zika case sparks questions about sexual transmission
The disease is mostly spread by mosquitoes, but some patients may catch it through sex

Republicans Question EPA’s Appointing Of Science Advisors Getting Millions In Taxpayer Grants
Republicans Question EPA’s Appointing Of Science Advisors Getting Millions In Taxpayer Grants

Get Confident, Stupid! Podtoid is recording and we need questions
Hi, I'm Steven Hansen. You may remember from such Podtoids as Podtoid 321: Witness the Rise of Bombshell and The Christmas Ape Saves Podtoid ...

Question of the Day: What’s Keeping You With Your Current Wireless Carrier?
Every time we share news about a wireless carrier (whether it be good or bad), the comment section fills up with conversations about which is ...

Behind The Super Bowl Commercials: Five Questions For Anomaly's Carl Johnson
VideoCarl Johnson is cofounder and global CEO of Anomaly, a New York-based ad agency with no less than four commercials in this year’s Super ...