Getting Command line as is

Hi all,
is it possible (and how) to get the command line
as is, even if the parameters are separated by
two or more spaces.
0
Colin
7/3/2011 9:10:17 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.native 608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Colin Maharaj" <noreply@nohost.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> is it possible (and how) to get the command line
> as is, even if the parameters are separated by
> two or more spaces.

Have you looked at the GetCommandLine() API function?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683156%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

- Dennis
0
Dennis
7/3/2011 9:29:10 PM
No I did not, not until you told
me but it is exactly what I wanted
thanks Dennis.

:)

Colin

On 03/07/2011 05:29 PM, Dennis Jones wrote:
> "Colin Maharaj"<noreply@nohost.com>  wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> is it possible (and how) to get the command line
>> as is, even if the parameters are separated by
>> two or more spaces.
>
> Have you looked at the GetCommandLine() API function?
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683156%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
>
> - Dennis
0
Colin

TFS Command Line Get Command
Hi Can you pls help me how to pull the latest version or label from the TFS through Command Line. I went through the msdn documentation. I am not able to get a clear picture. I am expecting some command with example where I can pass the server name, Credentials and sourcepath and Destination path. Basically I want to pull the get latest to a local path which  will be specified in the command line utility. Hope so I am clear.  Pls help me.RegardsFinny  You can use tf command line utilityThis utility can be found in C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Visual Studio (9 or 8...

trying to get line-by-line output of a command pipe in perl
Hello; I'm trying to obtain line-by-line output from a command pipe in perl. Unfortunately, I am firmly held to 5.8.8 version of perl on this specific machine :-( Apparently, creating an array for my command prevents me from including the final pipe symbol when trying to use the three-argument form of open when using an array for my command rather than a scalar. code snippet #1: my @cmd = ("make", "target_name", "2>&1"); open my $fh, @cmd, "|" or die "blah: $!\n"; fails, "Unknown open() mode '5'&qu...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Getting options from the command line
I tried using the getopts, and getopt but I can't seem to have mandatory parameters with optional parameters. I have something like this for my usage perl scp_logs.pl -u username -h hostname -l local_directory [-r remote_directory] Any thoughts on ways to manually parse the parameteres from @ARGV ? ----------------------------------------- Craig Moynes Internship Student netCC Development IBM Global Services, Canada Tel: (905) 316-3486 cmoynes@ca.ibm.com --- Craig Moynes/Markham/IBM <cmoynes@ca.ibm.com> wrote: > I tried using the getopts, and getopt but ...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

Getting DB statistics from the command line
Hello, I would like to use a monitoring system like Nagios or Zabbix to monitor the performance of a Sybase ASA10 database server running on Linux. Are there any SQL/stored procedure commands I can issue to ASA via the command-line client that will return the sorts of statistics provided by the Sybase Central stats viewer? In particular, I would like to know about: average queries per second, slow queries, simultaneous connections and open tables. The aim is to have a bash script that I can run that will connect to an ASA database, run a query to obtain some statistics about it,...

get Command line scripting results!
Hey all, i have a web application that at a given point i make this application execute a batch file, this batch file contains commands executed in command line to do specific actions.as i do execute that batch file programmatically, i'm looking for a way to read the result of executing these commands...... e.g. if you write "C:\>hhhshs" the result would be "hhhshs is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" if you write "C:\>ipconfig" the result woul be sth else. what i want is a way how to read these resu...

Getting STDIN filename from command line
--0-513391597-1242924260=:92317 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello,=0A=0AGiven the command line:=0A=0Aperl myperl.plx < myfile.txt=0A=0A= is there anyway from within the Perl script to capture the redirected STDIN= filename (i.e., myfile.txt)?=0A=0AOS: =A0 =A0=A0 WinXP SPSP3=0APerl: =A0= =A0=A0 5.8.8 for Win32 from ActiveState=0A=0AThx.=0A=0A=0A --0-513391597-1242924260=:92317-- On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:44, Tony Esposito <tony1234567893@yahoo.co.uk> w= rote: > Hello, > > Given the command line...

RE: How to get 1st line, last line and no of lines in a file
> -----Original Message----- > From: Madhu Reddy [mailto:saitech74@yahoo.com] > Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 1:25 PM > To: beginners@perl.org > Subject: How to get 1st line, last line and no of lines in a file > > > Hi, > How to get first line, last line and no of lines in > a file..... > > is there any perl functions available for that ? > right now what i am doing is > > open file > while (<FH> > { > $lines++; > } > close(FH) > > This operation is expensive.. > suppose, if file...

launch a command line program and get its console output
Hi, I am creating a front end for a console aplication (ffmpeg if I can get it working). I know that using @mozilla.org/process/util;1 it is possible to run a proccess with some parameters. But, is there a way to get the console output of that proccess? To perform some operation, like inform the user if all was ok and things like that. Really thanks for any help to point me to the solution. Mariano. Mariano Cuenze wrote: > Hi, I am creating a front end for a console aplication (ffmpeg if I can > get it working). I know that using @mozilla.org/process/util;1 it is > possibl...

Command line script to get latest from VSS for PB 8
Hi! I am using Powerbuilder 8 and Microsoft Visual Source Safe for the source control. I am trying to create a batch file which will get the latest source from the VSS and will start the build. My problem is how to get the latest source from the VSS, using batch file. I have the script for creating the build from command line but now I am stuck with the latest source problem. I was searching for the help on the net and I found that PB 9 comes with a utility ORCASCR9.exe by using which I can easily perform the desired tasks but that utility does not run with PB 8... so noway to go ...

ASA Gurus :: How can I get Table info command line?
I am new user to ASA. How can I get Table info( such as table name, column names, size, indexs on this table etc.. ) command line? Is there any single command?. I tried sa_columns, sapkeys,sa_statics. I am looking for single command which provides all information for the given table. ( There is one in Sybase Adaptive Server sa_help <table/object name> ). Gurus pl help. Thanks, --Venkat >How can I get Table info( such as table name, column names, size, indexs on >this table etc.. ) command line? Is there any single command?. I tried >sa_columns, sapkeys,...

Web resources about - Getting Command line as is - embarcadero.cppbuilder.native

Fake Video? Woman Steals From Child On Black Friday: ‘Why Are You Being So Aggressive?’
There are Black Friday videos being uploaded to YouTube that show shoppers behaving badly. One video, named “Lady steals from KID! Black Friday ...

Trump outdoes himself with this mocking/not mocking of a disabled reporter.
My take on this story ? Trump — seeming free and wild — somehow hits an absolutely precise line. It's so precise that I want to credit him with ...

Man jumped White House fence while whispering 'let's do this' while Obamas were still inside
WASHINGTON — A man draped in an American flag climbed over the fence at the White House on Thursday, prompting a lockdown as the first family ...

Kremlin says Turkey's Erdogan requests meeting with Putin in Paris
Reuters Kremlin says Turkey's Erdogan requests meeting with Putin in Paris Reuters MOSCOW Russia said on Friday that Turkish President Tayyip ...

French singers pay emotional tribute to Paris Attack victims 'when we have only love, to talk to guns' ...
"When we have only love, to talk to guns, and just a song to convince a drum." "So, having nothing, but the strength to love, we will have in ...

Big Balloons, Heavy Security for NYC Thanksgiving Parade
Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade; St.

Sony Working on App to Stream PS4 Games on Mac and PC
Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida has announced on Twitter that the company is working on an official Remote Play app for Mac and PC, enabling users ...

Similarities to Jim Jones and the Cult of Climate Change
Guest opinion by Arkady Bukh, Esq The apocalypse of an alleged climate change shares many of Jones’ cult-like qualities. Jim Jones, the People’s ...

Social Elites Slammed on Pope Francis’ Kenya Visit
Pope Francis’ Kenya visit concluded Friday with a visit to Kangemi, a poor shanty town on the outskirts of Nairobi. The visit to such a poor ...

LG bets $8.7 billion you'll want a TV with rich OLED colors
TVs with OLED display technology remain rare, but the South Korean company expects a gargantuan new manufacturing plant will help spread the ...