Borland C++ Builder 6, IMAPI2 and DDiscFormat2DataEvents problems

Hi all,
I'm trying to code a simple CD burner application using IMAPI2 with Borland
C++ Builder 6.
I added imapi2.h, imapi2error.h, imapi2.idl, imapi2fs.h, imapi2fserror.h and
imapi2fs.idl.
The application seems to work fine, but now I would like to add the events
sink to receive informations about the progress.
So I added a derived class from TEventDispatcher as shown on one example in
EDN and there born the problem.
The row of code is:
class TEventSinkHandler : public
TEventDispatcher<TEventSinkHandler,&IID_DDiscFormat2DataEvents>
When I compile the program all works fine, but when the linker finished his
work one error appear:
[Linker Error] unresolved external '_IID_DDiscFormat2DataEvents' referenced
from MainUnit.obj

I don't know if and which .lib should I add to the project or what else I
should do at this point.
Maybe somebody can help me to solve this issue?

Lapo
0
Lapo
8/15/2009 12:21:03 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.native 608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have the following line(s):

in your IMAPI2_TLB.h file:
DEFINE_GUID(IID_DDiscFormat2DataEvents,
0x2735413C, 0x7F64, 0x5B0F, 0x8F, 0x00, 0x5D, 0x77, 0xAF, 0xBE, 0x26,
0x1E );

and in your IMAPI2_TLB.cpp file
extern "C" const GUID IID_DDiscFormat2DataEvents =
{0x2735413C, 0x7F64, 0x5B0F,{ 0x8F, 0x00, 0x5D, 0x77, 0xAF, 0xBE, 0x26,
0x1E} };

?
0
Utf
8/15/2009 4:03:23 AM
> in your IMAPI2_TLB.h file:
> DEFINE_GUID(IID_DDiscFormat2DataEvents,
> 0x2735413C, 0x7F64, 0x5B0F, 0x8F, 0x00, 0x5D, 0x77, 0xAF, 0xBE, 0x26,
> 0x1E );
>
> and in your IMAPI2_TLB.cpp file
> extern "C" const GUID IID_DDiscFormat2DataEvents =
> {0x2735413C, 0x7F64, 0x5B0F,{ 0x8F, 0x00, 0x5D, 0x77, 0xAF, 0xBE, 0x26,
> 0x1E} };

Well, I haven't them. Where can I find them? Or maybe should I create them
myself?
Maybe do you know also the GUID of IID_DFileSystemImageEvents, or better,
how can I get them all?
As you can see I'm almost new on the COM world.
Thanks very much for your answer.

Lapo
0
Lapo
8/15/2009 11:16:46 AM
Well, nevermind... finally I understood how to do that using Project->Import
Type Library.

I would like to thank you very much because you put me on the right way.
Have a nice time.

Lapo
0
Lapo
8/15/2009 1:27:30 PM
Hi all, I also try to build CD/DVD application with Imapi2 and Borland 6.0. But I have problem when include imapi2.h , I've got some errors in that part of imapi2.h

EXTERN_C const IID IID_IDiscMaster2;

#if defined(__cplusplus) && !defined(CINTERFACE)

    MIDL_INTERFACE("27354130-7F64-5B0F-8F00-5D77AFBE261E")
    IDiscMaster2 : public IDispatch
    {
    public:
        virtual /* [helpstring][restricted][hidden][id][propget] */ HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE get__NewEnum(
            /* [retval][ref][out] */ __RPC__deref_out_opt IEnumVARIANT **ppunk) = 0;

        virtual /* [helpstring][id][propget] */ HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE get_Item(
            /* [in] */ LONG index,
            /* [retval][ref][out] */ __RPC__deref_out_opt BSTR *value) = 0;

        virtual /* [helpstring][id][propget] */ HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE get_Count(
            /* [retval][ref][out] */ __RPC__out LONG *value) = 0;

        virtual /* [helpstring][id][propget] */ HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE get_IsSupportedEnvironment(
            /* [retval][ref][out] */ __RPC__out VARIANT_BOOL *value) = 0;

    };

Also How to include imapi2.idl? Thanks!

> {quote:title=Lapo Guidi wrote:}{quote}
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to code a simple CD burner application using IMAPI2 with Borland
> C++ Builder 6.
> I added imapi2.h, imapi2error.h, imapi2.idl, imapi2fs.h, imapi2fserror.h and
> imapi2fs.idl.
> The application seems to work fine, but now I would like to add the events
> sink to receive informations about the progress.
> So I added a derived class from TEventDispatcher as shown on one example in
> EDN and there born the problem.
> The row of code is:
> class TEventSinkHandler : public
> TEventDispatcher<TEventSinkHandler,&IID_DDiscFormat2DataEvents>
> When I compile the program all works fine, but when the linker finished his
> work one error appear:
> [Linker Error] unresolved external '_IID_DDiscFormat2DataEvents' referenced
> from MainUnit.obj
>
> I don't know if and which .lib should I add to the project or what else I
> should do at this point.
> Maybe somebody can help me to solve this issue?
>
> Lapo
0
Registered

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Problem with OleObject in XE4 (shifting from Borland C++ Builder 6.0)
Dear all, Please help, those who faced this problem and solved it... I'm all the time trying to shift from Borland C++ Builder 6.0 to Embarcader C++ Builder XE4 and all the time it becomes almost impossible. This time I tried to create an Excel automation object. In Borland C++ Builder it was ok, in XE4 it seems to be problematic, at least for this moment. Here is the code: _______________________________________________________________________________ #include <ComObj.hpp> .... OleVariant u1_xl_app, u1_xl_wkbs, u1_xl_wkb, u1_xl_wkss, u1_xl_wks; // xl_dr - data rang...

Problem with C++ builder #6
Hi there, I am trying to generate a C++ object out of my NVO. Even though I am able to create a ..cpp and .h I am unable to put them to work. I tried to write a small program in VC+ 5.0 by using these files. I can not even build this project. It is giving a compiler error saying that "fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive" in xxx.cpp file. Did any body tried this. Can any body help with this. Thanks in advance, Srikanth.Y srikanth wrote: > Hi there, > I am trying to generate a C++ object out of my NVO....

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

Borland C Builder 6 updates
Does anyone know where I can get the borland updates anymore? I need the updates for builder 6 (update 1 and 2 if possible) as they have a fix for a variant issue that is not in update 4; Cheers Hi, are you sure you need them? The documentation to upd4 tells me it includes 1,2 and 3, so I would be worried if I dropped some files I would need. What I do have are some other fixes, maybe you can find them by file name upd1: BCB6P01.ZIP (39kB) ... C++Builder 6 Special Help Update upd2: cb6errs_pro.zip (560kB) ... another Help Update kind regards Ingo In article <1462...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

Converting from Borland C++ Builder 6 to XE5
I tested several applications developped under Borland C++ Builder 6 and all "normal" projects using forms and units compiled nicely under XE5 with a small problem that some labels or buttons seem to look slightly different. However, the few console applications I had did not compile at all. I got many "unresolved external ...." in connection with AnsiStrings. I used AnsiStrings also in the projects mentioned first, so I am sure it is a simple include-statement which I am missing in the console applicatio ns and which is different to BCB6. Any hint? Peter wrote: > I tested several applications developped under Borland C++ Builder 6 > and all "normal" projects using forms and units compiled nicely under > XE5 with a small problem that some labels or buttons seem to look > slightly different. Different fonts, or different characters? > However, the few console applications I had did not compile at all. > I got many "unresolved external ...." in connection with AnsiStrings. What are the actual error messages? > I used AnsiStrings also in the projects mentioned first, so I am sure > it is a simple include-statement which I am missing in the console > applications and which is different to BCB6. Linker errors are not caused by missing include statements. They are caused by missing library references in the project itself. Your projects are likely not linking to the RTL/VCL packages....

autoincrement field problem in Borland C++Builder and Delphi
I have an SQL-Anywhere Database and 4-5 tables in it. I have declared the primary key column of one table as an autoincrement field. when I try to insert a record to table from my C++Builder application, it doesnt seem to increase the vaue of autoincrement field, nstead it waits a number from user to fill it. Does anyone has experience with this? I will appreciate any help. Mehmet >I have an SQL-Anywhere Database and 4-5 tables in it. I have declared >the primary key column of one table as an autoincrement field. when I >try to insert a record to table from my C++Builde...

Anyone want old Turbo Pascal, Turbo C/C++, Borland C++, C++Builder user manuals (paperback)?
Hi, I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months and I've got a bunch of old Turbo/Borland Pascal, Turbo/Borland C/C++, and C++Builder user manuals that I no longer have any use for. I am going to throw them into the recycle bin next week, UNLESS someone wants them. I will be glad to give them to anyone that wants them if you'll pay for shipping. I don't have a list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if you are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and I'll let you know if I have them. The top ed...

Anyone want old Turbo Pascal, Turbo C/C++, Borland C++, C++Builder user manuals (paperback)?
Hi, I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months and I've got a bunch of old Turbo/Borland Pascal, Turbo/Borland C/C++, and C++Builder user manuals that I no longer have any use for. I am going to throw them into the recycle bin next week, UNLESS someone wants them. I will be glad to give them to anyone that wants them if you'll pay for shipping. I don't have a list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if you are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and I'll let you know if I have them. The top ed...

Formless QuickReport conversion Problem from C++ Builder 6 to XE
Hi, I have already posted the question in Quick Report forum, but so far no response. So wanted to check if anybody has a solution for it. When we convert from C++Builder 6 to XE, Quickreport files derived from TQuickRep are not converted properly. In C++ Builder 6, the File->New menu had an option to add TQuickRep directly. 90% of our reports are derived directly from TQuickRep and are failing, the ones where the quick report is added to a TForm works fine. Do registering TQuickRep as a custom module, solve this problem? If so how should I do it. Thanks Arjun > {quote:tit...

Borland C++ Builder 6.0 SSL/HTTPS question
Hi Not sure which forum to really post this in. I am using BCPPB6 to maintain some legacy projects. One of these needs to GET data from a https URL. I found that the TNMHTTP comnponent that I have used for standard http GET operations in the past does not support https. However the Indy TIdHTTP component apparantly does. With some trial and error I have found that it needs an Intercept component (TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL) and needs InterceptEnabled set to true. I then found that I need to have an OpenSSL libraryavailable. Thus I downloaded the latest version from http://indy.ful...

[ID 20001008.002] Problems building Perl 5.6 on Win98SE with Borland C++ 5.01
This is a short summary of my experiences with Perl 5.6.0 sources which I downloaded as "stable.zip" (Filedate March 27, 2000) from www.perl.org on Oct 2, 2000. I have Borland C++ 5.01. Reading the README.Win32 I found that my Borland Compiler version is not supported (but only 5.02 or later). Well, I though that 5.01 or 5.02 should not be too different. Also, I read, that I would need "dmake". So, I downloaded the newest dmake version from the source specified in the README.Win32 file and installed it. I did not have to change the config file for dmake be...

Borland updates for older borland compilers (Builder 6)
Does anyone know where I can get the borland updates anymore? I need the updates for builder 6 (update 1 and 2 if possible) as they have a fix for a variant issue that is not in update 4; Cheerr <Nick Wilson> wrote in message news:145930@forums.codegear.com... > Does anyone know where I can get the borland updates anymore? They are not available for download anymore, sorry. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) In article <145967@forums.codegear.com>, Remy Lebeau (TeamB) <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote: > > Does anyone know where I can get the borland updates ...

Using Xercesc C++ XML parser library with C++ builder 6
hi i am working on a project built in c++ builder 4 that uses Xercesc C++ XML parser v1.5.1, now i am trying to upgrade that to c++ builder 6. I have few queries related to it. 1. whether we can use the v1.5.1 for the c++ builder 6 2. how to build xercesc library 3. whether using the current version of xercesc library will be cause any issues since the project uses v1.5.1 Thanks. ...

Problem with C++ builder
Hi there, I am trying to generate a C++ object out of my NVO. Even though I am able to create a ..cpp and .h I am unable to put them to work. I tried to write a small program in VC+ 5.0 by using these files. I can not even build this project. It is giving a compiler error saying that "fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive" in xxx.cpp file. Did any body tried this.Can any body help with this. Thanks in advance, Srikanth.Y ...

C++ builder 6
hello can some one help me with builder. i have a cpp file. but i do not know how works builder. normaly i work with turbo C++. In the help file i read that i need a header file and (object treeview and object inspector) how i can make this code: /--------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include <vcl.h> #pragma hdrstop #include "sort.h" //--------------------------------------------------------------------------- #pragma package(smart_init) #pragma resource "*.dfm" TForm1 *Form1; //------------------------------...

C++ Builder 6 Object inspector : C and S keys have stopped working
Hi I've been using C++ builder 6 for about 3 years now, and suddenly the C and S keys have stopped working in the object inspector. e.g. I'm putting a caption of "Options" onto a menu item, and the 's' never appears. If I type it into the IDE and copy the text, it pasted in OK, This is the same whether or not it's in upper or lower case. I noticed this last year on a PC I was using, but that PC blew up, and I had to build another one. Since then it's been ok up until this morning. Just noticed, it seems to be only in the current project I'm work...

C++ Builder Problem
Hi all! I`m making an application with Modal Forms and I have to connect to 2 IBDatabase, depending on the choise of the user. I don`t know how to use 2 IBDatabase in 1 apllication- but I tried in that way: I created 2 Data Modules and in 1 on of them I put IBDatabase1 and IBTransaction1 and the other things like IBQuery,IBStoredProc and etc. and on the second Data Module I put IBDatabase 2 and IBTransaction2 and other things! Problem is when I use first Data Module everything is alright, but when I use the form, associated with the second Data Module- it`gives me an error : Cannot perform ...

Help me start setting up very old Borland C++ project using C++ Builder
Hi, I am very new to this both C++ and C++ Builder community. My questions may sound silly but they are not to me. I have been assigned to modify a very old project with the code library. I do not have any system/builder information like what compiler and interfaces or any third party assemblies this project incorporated with. All I have is the list of .cpp, .dfm, .obj and .h files. By this list I assumed this project should have been compiled in C++ compiler. So I have downloaded the free Borland C++ compiler and installed it. After setting up the compiler I did try compiling my pro...

C++Builder 6
Is is worth still using C++Builder 6 or go to C++Builder XE2? Hi bert bert odell wrote: > Is is worth still using C++Builder 6 or go to C++Builder XE2? That certainly depends on what You want to do. Could You be a little bit more specific ? Best regards Asger-P http://Asger-P.dk/software Quick Launch is a must try. On 15/04/2012 01:52 PM, bert odell wrote: > Is is worth still using C++Builder 6 or go to C++Builder XE2? ======------ BCB6 cons ======------ 1. If you start a new project at times, the IDE can crash. 2. If you open an existing project and d...

Config problem with C++ Builder XE6 : Cannot create file "C:\RAD Studio...
Hello, On the same computer Windows 7 SP1, i have Oracle XE and Postgres 9.1 I installed the new Embarcadero C++ Builder XE6 Enterprise edition. I open a new VCL projet. On the right, i go to Data Explorer, i choose dbExpress >> Oracle >> Oracle connection. I set parameters (name, login, pwd). I check the connection. It works. I clic on the OK button to close the Modify window. Always in Data Explorer, i choose FireDAC >> Oracle Server >> Oracle connection. I set parameters (name, login, pwd). I check the connection. It works. I clic on the OK button ...

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

Another Borland C++ problem.
I've discovered that all Borland's compilers produce object files with all lowercase letters, if that name is not specified exactly. Even more, if one specifies a name *after* filename to be compiled, then it's ignored. For example: bcc32 -c HelloWorld.c produces helloworld.obj bcc32 -c -oHelloWorld.obj HelloWorld.c produces HelloWorld.obj bcc32 -c HelloWorld.c -oHelloWorld.obj produces helloworld.obj (!) This results in annoying problem - if filenames were not all lowercase, then "dmake" thinks that it should rebuild obj files every time it&...

Web resources about - Borland C++ Builder 6, IMAPI2 and DDiscFormat2DataEvents problems - embarcadero.cppbuilder.native