Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007

I am working on project written in C++ Builder 4, it uses TMS Component pack. Now the TMS Component pack has been upgraded so i do not find any compatible version of TMS Component to use with C++ Builder 4. I need to upgrade my code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007.

I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible with C++ Builder 2007.

Arshdeep
10/1/2013 6:27:37 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Arshdeep wrote:

> I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible
> with C++ Builder 2007.

Feisible, but do take into account that there have been RTL/VCL changes between
BCB4 and CB2007, so you may or may not need to make some tweaks to your code.
 CB2007 was the last Ansi version of the RTL/VCL, so you don't need to worry
about the Unicode migration in CB2009+, at least.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Regards
Goran
0
Goran

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?
Hi Folks, I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine. When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette. What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? -- Simon <Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com... > What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? Did you enable the "Generate all...

C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009
Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I complete software migration? Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional. Thanks, Roberto Hello, Roberto Meneghini wrote: > Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer > while I complete software migration? yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having? -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed: "Exception EPackageRegistrationEx...

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

install C++ builder 2007 after XE3
Hello, I have a problem with installation C++ builder 2007. I installed version XE3 first and then I downloaded 2007. When I chose option upgrade on installation screen: http://oi45.tinypic.com/v30pqx.jpg I've got message: http://oi46.tinypic.com/259kif7.jpg the problem is that I should install version 2007 first? Grzegorz Kinal <> wrote: >http://oi45.tinypic.com/v30pqx.jpg Have you ever had 2007 installed on the same computer? If so, then you probably did not uninstall it completely enough. Probably there is a file containing the serial number from the prev...

Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE
What are the correct steps that I need to perform to go from a trial of C++ Builder XE Architect Trial to a purchased copy of C++ Builder Professional XE? I want to make sure that no traces are left from the installation of the trial version. Thanks I phoned support and here is the reply: Run the 'Modify, Repair, Uninstall' link in the Embarcadero start menu. Then choose 'Upgrade' and follow instructions. ...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

Cant install C++ Builder 2007 Help
Hi all, I have installed C++ Builder 2007 on my PC, but it refuses to install the help. After a few seconds into the installation a message box appears saying "Error" (very descriptive) then that ends installation of the help. Otherwise builder is working perfectly. Any ideas on how to get the help files installed? Note that I also have a working RAD Studio 2009 installation (including help) that was installed before I tried to install 2007. In article <147111@forums.codegear.com>, Ashley Duncan <> wrote: > I have installed C++ Builder 2007 ...

Problem installing ToolBar2000 under C++ Builder 2007
Hello I am trying to install ToolBar2000 under Builder 2007 but can't get to first base. I am following the help file but when I try to load up tb2k_d11.dproj, like it says, I get this error of "Unable to load project......" Has anyone tried to install this under C Builder 2007 ? regards david ...

compile error in CT_PUBLIC.H on C++ Builder 5 not in Builder 4
Hi anyone I'm getting 'improper use of typedef CS_COMMAND' when trying to compile CT_LIB stuff. extern CS_RETCODE CS_PUBLIC ct_dynsqlda PROTOTYPE(( CS_COMMAND *cmd, CS_INT type, SQLDA *dap, CS_INT operation )); It worked with Borland/inprise C++ builder 4, but not with 5? Has anyone solved problem? thanks Felix ...

Anyone want old Turbo Pascal, Turbo C/C++, Borland C++, C++Builder user manuals (paperback)?
Hi, I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months and I've got a bunch of old Turbo/Borland Pascal, Turbo/Borland C/C++, and C++Builder user manuals that I no longer have any use for. I am going to throw them into the recycle bin next week, UNLESS someone wants them. I will be glad to give them to anyone that wants them if you'll pay for shipping. I don't have a list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if you are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and I'll let you know if I have them. The top ed...

Web resources about - Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube