Problems after installing C++ Builder 2009

I install C++ Builder 2009(trial edition) and didn't uninstall BCB6. In other words, there are two suites of BCB
software in my computer(OS is WindowsXP with SP2).

    Now, there has some problems with the project which has GodeGuard validation. In BCB6, it can compiler, but there has error messages at run time(see attachments); In builder 2009, there are some link errors during compiler time:
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_DESC' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\EXE_PROJECT1.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_THIS' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\UNIT3.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_DTORTHIS' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\UNIT3.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_DA_EPY' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\UNIT3.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_A_BP' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\UNIT3.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_A_PY' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\UNIT3.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_GDA_EGY' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\EXE_PROJECT1.OBJ

    Is there any soluation to solve the problems.

    Best regards,
    Wen-Hsin Chung
0
Chung
12/8/2008 3:45:43 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Chung

Chung Bottle wrote:

> I install C++ Builder 2009(trial edition) and didn't uninstall BCB6.
> In other words, there are two suites of BCB software in my computer
> (OS is WindowsXP with SP2).
>
>     Now, there has some problems with the project which has GodeGuard
> validation. In BCB6, it can compiler, but there has error messages at
> run time(see attachments); In builder 2009, there are some link
> errors during compiler time:
> [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_DESC'

It is not a problem having more then one BCB installed on Your computer
A lot of us have 2, some have 3 or 4.

I am absolutely no expert on error messages, but _CG_DESC  looks like
Code Guard contens in the obj files get rid of the obj files.
Obj files are special each version.

Kind regards
Asger
0
Asger
12/8/2008 7:06:34 AM
I suspect you have autoconverted (CB6->CB2009) project.
Never use autoconversion; create new project in CB2009 instead.
--
Alex
0
> {quote:title=Alex Belo wrote:}{quote}
> I suspect you have autoconverted (CB6->CB2009) project.
> Never use autoconversion; create new project in CB2009 instead.
> --
> Alex

Thanks for Alex.
And there is another solution in the article(http://support.codegear.com/cn/article/36095).
0
Chung
12/22/2008 3:03:06 AM
When I got these errors, it was after upgrading a project from CB2006 to CB2009.  It turned out that I actually still had CodeGuard turned OFF in the compile options in the converted project.

Turning CodeGuard ON in the converted project eliminated the errors and allowed the link to complete.
0
James

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole ...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Installing C++ Builder 2009 / Delphi
OK, I just purchased a license and got a key. The web install process fails. I think the problem is my ISP. Now, back in Dec 2008 I downloaded an ISO file for the install about 2 Gigs and never used it really. If I use this ISO file, Create a DVD and do the install from there , will it effectively be a full licensed install. So far it looks identical (except maybe the program is 7 months old). Also I ordered the media as part of my purchase, should I wait for the media to come in before installing? Thanks for any assistance I can get. Colin B Maharaj Trinidad,WI ...

To install or not to install?

c++ builder 2009 indy installation
Hi, I've downloaded the indyTiburon zip file and I'm trying to install it in my c++ builder 2009. The old version of indy that I have is 10.1.1 which is coming with c++ builder. First, my IDE cannot open the dpk files for an unknown reason. I do: file->open project->(dpk file)->click open. The IDE doesn't seem to do anything and the project not open. So I've ran the FullD12.bat file and it compiled correctly. I've removed the indy components from the IDE and removed all indy files from my computer. The removed files are: - bin/indy*.pbl - bin/dcl...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

installing c++ builder 2009 on windows 7
I see a message "in not an integer value" while running install.exe from DVD. I am not sure now how to install on windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. I used setup.exe instead to install. It worked. Hi Deepak Deepak Kumar wrote: > I used setup.exe instead to install. It worked. I've been running CB2009 on Win7 for a year now and I'm happy with that setup. :-) Best regards Asger-P http://Asger-P.dk/software QLaunch, INI-Edit and Color Pick Pro. ...

EkRTF in Builder C++ 2010
Do you have experience with using EkRTF component with Builder C++ 2010? I have been using it for long time with Builder 6, but now I'm upgrading the environment and while trying to install the component I got message "Delphi personality not available". I mention that I have only Builder C++, not Delphi - previously I had no problems with installing EkRTF. Could you advice what to do? Best regards, Wojtek ...

Problem installing ToolBar2000 under C++ Builder 2007
Hello I am trying to install ToolBar2000 under Builder 2007 but can't get to first base. I am following the help file but when I try to load up tb2k_d11.dproj, like it says, I get this error of "Unable to load project......" Has anyone tried to install this under C Builder 2007 ? regards david ...

Installing Delphi components into C++ Builder 2009?
Hi All, I'm trying to install a Delphi package into C++ Builder 2009. I've read the stuff out there that says install into Delphi and get it to create the C++ files, unfortunately I don't have Delphi installed on my development box. When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality is not available and the project cannot be loaded. Is there any way around this? Thanks Trev Hello, > {quote:title=Trevor Goldsmith wrote:}{quote} > > When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personal...

Installation Problems Installing NW50SP6A
HI I Have a Netwareserver with V 5.0 german I try to Install SRVPack 6a After expanding downloaded File NW50SP6A in the Folder SYS:\NW50SP6A i call "INSTALL ANOTHER PRODUKT" in the Config Screen Then after pressing F3 i specified the Path " SYS:\NW50SP6A" Then i get the Message " netamain.ils not Found " Whats wrong. Can somebdy help me to solve this problem Thanks H.J. Claas > Then after pressing F3 i specified the Path " SYS:\NW50SP6A" > > Then i get the Message " netamain.ils not Found " Ch...

Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum... I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE. I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available. The problem arrives when I try to compile t...

Problem with installation SMC Component in C++ Builder XE2
I can't install SMCmpnt.dpk in Builder XE2. When I try to open this file then is Error: "The project can not be loaded because the required personality Delphi. Personality is not available." If I remove SMCmpnt.dproj file - nothing happens after I try to open SMCmpnt.dpk file. I asked Mike Shkolnik (smc creator) and probably I doing everything correct. Do someone have the same problem? Any ideas? ...

If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. Mozulla 1.7 installation problem
If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. What should be the problem? ...

Web resources about - Problems after installing C++ Builder 2009 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper