Problem with a fresh installation of C++Builder XE5 Starter [Edit]

I am entirely new to C++Builder, please help.
There were no errors during the installation process. In order to say hello to the world, I opened the Samples\CPP\VCL\Controls folder and chose bcbsmp.bcbproj
Then I went to Project -> Build bcbsmp.cpp

Here is the message I received:

[MSBuild Error] The "BCC32" task failed unexpectedly.
System.Exception: Platform not supported:MCD
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.BCC32.GenerateFullPathToTool()
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.ComputePathToTool()
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()
   at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)

I understand the important part of this message is *"Platform not supported:MCD"*, whatever MCD stands for...
What is wrong?
Thank you.

Edited by: Sergey Dzekunov on Feb 5, 2014 11:55 AM
1
Sergey
2/5/2014 7:57:33 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18795530/cannot-load-delphi-xe5-units

You have an environment variable called PLATFORM that  has to be overriden or deleted

> {quote:title=Sergey Dzekunov wrote:}{quote}
> I am entirely new to C++Builder, please help.
> There were no errors during the installation process. In order to say hello to the world, I opened the Samples\CPP\VCL\Controls folder and chose bcbsmp.bcbproj
> Then I went to Project -> Build bcbsmp.cpp
>
> Here is the message I received:
>
> [MSBuild Error] The "BCC32" task failed unexpectedly.
> System.Exception: Platform not supported:MCD
>    at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.BCC32.GenerateFullPathToTool()
>    at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.ComputePathToTool()
>    at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()
>    at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.Execute()
>    at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)
>
> I understand the important part of this message is *"Platform not supported:MCD"*, whatever MCD stands for...
> What is wrong?
> Thank you.
>
> Edited by: Sergey Dzekunov on Feb 5, 2014 11:55 AM
0
Borja

To install or not to install?

Problems after installing C++ Builder 2009
I install C++ Builder 2009(trial edition) and didn't uninstall BCB6. In other words, there are two suites of BCB software in my computer(OS is WindowsXP with SP2). Now, there has some problems with the project which has GodeGuard validation. In BCB6, it can compiler, but there has error messages at run time(see attachments); In builder 2009, there are some link errors during compiler time: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_DESC' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\EXE_PROJECT1.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_THIS' referenc...

Installation problem: Install Portal Starter Kit on top of MSDE
I installed MSDE. For whatever reason, the server name is my login name, say "nature", rather than the default "localhost". When I start to install the starter kit, it tries to look for "localhost". Definitely it always fails and I can't install it. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance... LeoLeo try this connection string format as a key in the web.config file: <add key="ConnectionString" value="Server='nature'; database='myDB'; User ID='myUID'; Password='myPwd' " /> ...

re-install C++ builder [Edit]
I've just had my computer crash on me! and I had to re-install my copy of c++ Builder 4.0 from cd. It had some troubles readin files from disk, so I had to manually install the program. (Not using the install or setup files that come on the cd) All worked fine except some components on the Internet palette. I was able to determine that they were from nmfast40.bpl library. I was not able to find such a file on my system. the only one I could find with that name is in the C++ builder/libs directory and that one has an extension of .bpi, which is the wrong extension. Do anyone kno...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

Error Installing vs2008 on a pretty fresh install (Team Systems Edition)
Basically, here is my config: Hardware:  Intel Quad Processor / 4 gig ram / 2.4 / 8MB cache Installed vista 64 ultimate applied all patches through windows update reboot Installed sqlserver 2005-64 (did not install service pack, figured I'd do that later) Installed Office Ultimate 2007 reboot Started install vs2008 team system "complete". Here is the error log:[11/29/07,16:25:29] Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 (x64): [2] Error code 1603 for this component means "Fatal error during installation. " [11/29/07,16:25:29] Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 (x64): ...

Problem with installation update in Builder XE2 [Edit]
Like in subject.. I've installed update 2 and update 3, but in Help->About->Installed updates is only update 1 !!! Installation was successful. I tried to do it 2 times. What should I do to update IDE? I was solved this problem. I completly uninstalled IDE and manually removed all RAD Studio folders. Then I installed again. Edited by: Piotr Pienszke on Feb 9, 2012 12:38 AM solved ...

EkRTF in Builder C++ 2010
Do you have experience with using EkRTF component with Builder C++ 2010? I have been using it for long time with Builder 6, but now I'm upgrading the environment and while trying to install the component I got message "Delphi personality not available". I mention that I have only Builder C++, not Delphi - previously I had no problems with installing EkRTF. Could you advice what to do? Best regards, Wojtek ...

Problem installing ToolBar2000 under C++ Builder 2007
Hello I am trying to install ToolBar2000 under Builder 2007 but can't get to first base. I am following the help file but when I try to load up tb2k_d11.dproj, like it says, I get this error of "Unable to load project......" Has anyone tried to install this under C Builder 2007 ? regards david ...

Visual C# Express Edition Installation problem
I downloaded and try installing Visual C# Express edition in my machine. While installing i got an error saying "BITS Service must be enabled before you start the installation process. Enable the BITS service and run setup again". I checked BITS service and and its dependent RPC service in my machine. It was up and running in my machine as recommended by microsoft. Only difference is RPC service has "Automatic" for Startup type instead of "Manual".still i am getting the error. i am not able to install the software. Can any one help me?Note:My machine is Windows XP.Thanks and Regard...

Problems installing starter kit "The page cannot be found" after installation is complete
Hi, Ive spent two days trying to install issue tracker. i want to use the MSACCESS databse for cost reason. The operationing system is 2003 server running .NET and IIS. The installation seems to go fine untill I try to access the default page http://localhost/IssueTrackerVBVS/Default.aspx or http://localhost/IssueTracker/Default.aspxand I get he error "The page cannot be found"when I look at the installation log the only error is :"ERROR: Could not retrieve list of db servers" there is a MSACCESS database that is created by the installtion.&n...

Installation Problems Installing NW50SP6A
HI I Have a Netwareserver with V 5.0 german I try to Install SRVPack 6a After expanding downloaded File NW50SP6A in the Folder SYS:\NW50SP6A i call "INSTALL ANOTHER PRODUKT" in the Config Screen Then after pressing F3 i specified the Path " SYS:\NW50SP6A" Then i get the Message " netamain.ils not Found " Whats wrong. Can somebdy help me to solve this problem Thanks H.J. Claas > Then after pressing F3 i specified the Path " SYS:\NW50SP6A" > > Then i get the Message " netamain.ils not Found " Ch...

Installing C++Builder and Delphi XE2 on the same computer. [Edit]
Presently I have purchased, downloaded and installed C++Builder Pro off of the ISO file named “Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 ISO (includes Update 3)”, now with the BOGO offer I want to install Delphi on the same machine. I was given a link to download Delphi but it is the same link for the C++Builder installation which is a download with Update 1 only, that’s why I installed off the ISO file. My question(s) are: (1)-does the installation know what flavor of RAD by the serial number provided and therefore installs Delphi XE2? (2)-If installing on the same computer, will both applications uti...

Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum... I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE. I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available. The problem arrives when I try to compile t...

installing component in C++ Builder XE2 Trial [Edit]
I have following problem. I tried install component SMDBGrid (from page http://www.scalabium.com/) in C++ Builder XE2 Trial Update 2. I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After that I tried build the package. But I recived error message: "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)". In Project ->Options -> Directories and Conditionals ->Library path I have text "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\debug". Environment variables are correct and file "system.dcu" exists in corr...

Problem with installation SMC Component in C++ Builder XE2
I can't install SMCmpnt.dpk in Builder XE2. When I try to open this file then is Error: "The project can not be loaded because the required personality Delphi. Personality is not available." If I remove SMCmpnt.dproj file - nothing happens after I try to open SMCmpnt.dpk file. I asked Mike Shkolnik (smc creator) and probably I doing everything correct. Do someone have the same problem? Any ideas? ...

If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. Mozulla 1.7 installation problem
If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. What should be the problem? ...

Installing C++ builder on Window 8 Release Preview [Edit]
Make sure you go to updates and install .net 3.5. Edited by: Dan Rapsinski on Jun 6, 2012 1:01 PM > {quote:title=Dan Rapsinski wrote:}{quote} > Make sure you go to updates and install .net 3.5. What versions of CB? Does CB2007 work? ...

TurboPower VCL Orpheus installation problem on C++ Builder 2010
I tried to install the TurboPower VCL Orpheus components on C++ Builder 2010 but I couldn't do it because I do not have the Delphi personality. Does anyone know how to overcome it? Thank you. Joao > {quote:title=Joao Lourenco wrote:}{quote} > I tried to install the TurboPower VCL Orpheus components on C++ Builder 2010 but I couldn't do it because I do not have the Delphi personality. > Does anyone know how to overcome it? > Thank you. > Joao Edited by: martyn eccles on Jan 17, 2010 3:36 AM I have the same problem with Async Pro - Help! Have you folks since...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Llicense, installations and other doubts regarding C++ Builder XE [Edit]
I’ve just downloaded and installed C++ Builder XE Trial under Win XP SP3. I have some doubts in case I buy the software (it would be C++ Builder XE Pro and I’m a single user): -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 - How would I register the new license and get rid of the trial version? (I couldn’t find a menu item to "Register a definitive license") -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2 - Will I have to uninstall the trial version a...

Do C++Builder 2006 works if installed on Win7-64? [Edit]
As the subject says. And, if it works, there's any kind of bug/glitch/strange behaviour (other than the ones it already show on WinXP 32) i should be aware of? Thanks got server errors, then triple post, sorry Edited by: parduz zudrap on Sep 16, 2013 2:36 PM got server errors, then triple post, sorry Edited by: parduz zudrap on Sep 16, 2013 2:37 PM ...

Has anyone installed Virtual Treeview on C++ Builder 2009 or 2010? [Edit]
I tried to install it on 2009 but the installation says: BPL Output Directory is not defined in "Environment Options" DCP Output Directory is not defined in "Environment Options" Furthermore after this failed I tried manually using this guide: 1. Open VirtualTreesC6.bpk project. 2. If you try and build you will get an error about the ThemeManagerC6.bpi, remove all reference to it. 3. The project also requires ThemeManagerC6.bpi, delete the reference. 4. Add C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib\psdk\oleacc.lib to the contains folder in the project. 5. B...

VSI installation problem
This error message occurs for me when attempting to install any VSI package (including TimeTracker etc). The templates do not appear in the My Templates section of Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2.. Help or suggestions appreciated! Me too,can't get the damn f**g thing to install, tried many times but still same error with all .VSI Packs  personal, club &  time tracker  ....... HELP  HELP HELP HELP only thing i can think of is that i didn't uninstall .NET Framework as recomended in "Uninstalling Express Editions" note for...

Web resources about - Problem with a fresh installation of C++Builder XE5 Starter [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

Apple screen protector installation program officially rolling out to US Apple Stores and beyond from ...
... reading more about AAPL Company , iOS Devices , and Tech Industry at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple screen protector installation ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

New Apple Campus 2 video shows installation of massive glass panels
... throughout Apple's Campus 2 construction site, showing extensive progress including the beginning of interior and exterior glazing installation ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...