Llicense, installations and other doubts regarding C++ Builder XE [Edit]

I’ve just downloaded and installed C++ Builder XE Trial under Win XP SP3.

I have some doubts in case I buy the software (it would be C++ Builder XE Pro and I’m a single user):

1 -  How would I register the new license and get rid of the trial version?
(I couldn’t find a menu item to "Register a definitive license")

2 - Will I have to uninstall the trial version and do a new installation with the new license key?

3 - In such case, will I have to download the software again or can I use the files already downloaded
(the .7zip and the documentation files saved previously)?

Obviously, I’d like my developed software to run flawlessly under XP, Vista and 7.
I can boot XP, Vista and Win7 in my computer and I plan to do the software development under Win7
(and of course, install C++ Builder XE in that partition).
Supposing a certain developed application behaves strangely when running under Vista or XP, I figure
it would be nice to be able to debug it under that OS.

4 - So the question is: once I buy it, can I install C++ Builder XE under these 3 partitions in the same
computer (that is, I would install it and register it 3 times)? Is this possible?
Or will I be limited to do a single installation and have to introduce code in the developed application
to figure out what is going wrong when running under the other OSes?
(Miss the old and clear Borland's no non-sense concept: "treat software just like a book")

5 - How does future uninstallation and installations work, regarding the registered license?
If a I buy a new computer and uninstall Builder XE from the old computer and install it in
the new one, will I have a problem to register the new installation?

The same doubt applies to the case of a hard disk crash, in which a new installation
would have to be done and there was no uninstallation of the previous copy.

6 - It is stated in Embarcadero’s website that:

Licenses are included with the product that enable you to download and use previous versions of the product, as follows:
C++Builder XE includes licenses for C++Builder 2010, 2009, 2007 and 6.

Can I install any of those AFTER I have installed C++ Builder XE, without any issues?

TIA

Eudy
0
Eudy
1/6/2011 4:56:22 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing.
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_4a211.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" ?I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing. --JivePart=_4a211.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="Update 1 Boost Install.PNG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Update 1 Boost Install.PNG" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgA...

[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing.
?[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing. Should I report this as a problem in QC? ( See public.attachements ) Larry ...

To install or not to install?

re-install C++ builder [Edit]
I've just had my computer crash on me! and I had to re-install my copy of c++ Builder 4.0 from cd. It had some troubles readin files from disk, so I had to manually install the program. (Not using the install or setup files that come on the cd) All worked fine except some components on the Internet palette. I was able to determine that they were from nmfast40.bpl library. I was not able to find such a file on my system. the only one I could find with that name is in the C++ builder/libs directory and that one has an extension of .bpi, which is the wrong extension. Do anyone kno...

Installation of Update1 for C++ Builder XE is failing
Hi, I get the Update option to install as soon as I start XE. But on clicking the Download and Install, I get the following error "--------------------------- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE - InstallAware Wizard --------------------------- Runtime error in setup script: Line 321: '' is not a valid integer value I'm facing a linker error with the resource file missing for the TeeChart component (not present under C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\lib\win32\release), thought installing the update will fix this error. Thanks > {quote:title=Kasturi Arjun...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum... I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE. I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available. The problem arrives when I try to compile t...

installing component in C++ Builder XE2 Trial [Edit]
I have following problem. I tried install component SMDBGrid (from page http://www.scalabium.com/) in C++ Builder XE2 Trial Update 2. I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After that I tried build the package. But I recived error message: "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)". In Project ->Options -> Directories and Conditionals ->Library path I have text "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\debug". Environment variables are correct and file "system.dcu" exists in corr...

Installing C++Builder and Delphi XE2 on the same computer. [Edit]
Presently I have purchased, downloaded and installed C++Builder Pro off of the ISO file named “Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 ISO (includes Update 3)”, now with the BOGO offer I want to install Delphi on the same machine. I was given a link to download Delphi but it is the same link for the C++Builder installation which is a download with Update 1 only, that’s why I installed off the ISO file. My question(s) are: (1)-does the installation know what flavor of RAD by the serial number provided and therefore installs Delphi XE2? (2)-If installing on the same computer, will both applications uti...

Do C++Builder 2006 works if installed on Win7-64? [Edit]
As the subject says. And, if it works, there's any kind of bug/glitch/strange behaviour (other than the ones it already show on WinXP 32) i should be aware of? Thanks got server errors, then triple post, sorry Edited by: parduz zudrap on Sep 16, 2013 2:36 PM got server errors, then triple post, sorry Edited by: parduz zudrap on Sep 16, 2013 2:37 PM ...

Installing C++ builder on Window 8 Release Preview [Edit]
Make sure you go to updates and install .net 3.5. Edited by: Dan Rapsinski on Jun 6, 2012 1:01 PM > {quote:title=Dan Rapsinski wrote:}{quote} > Make sure you go to updates and install .net 3.5. What versions of CB? Does CB2007 work? ...

C++ Builder XE wont start after installing Update1.exe
C++ Builder XE won't start after installing Update1.exe. The banner page start and as soon as the message "All design time packages are loaded" appears, the banner page disappear, no IDE and no error message. I can still see bds.exe in the task manager. I'm using WIn XP. Please help. ...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Problem with a fresh installation of C++Builder XE5 Starter [Edit]
I am entirely new to C++Builder, please help. There were no errors during the installation process. In order to say hello to the world, I opened the Samples\CPP\VCL\Controls folder and chose bcbsmp.bcbproj Then I went to Project -> Build bcbsmp.cpp Here is the message I received: [MSBuild Error] The "BCC32" task failed unexpectedly. System.Exception: Platform not supported:MCD at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.BCC32.GenerateFullPathToTool() at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.ComputePathToTool() at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute() at Borland.Build.T...

Web resources about - Llicense, installations and other doubts regarding C++ Builder XE [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Solar is everywhere in Germany. This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering.

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?

"Efforts are now underway to place the comprehensive program on hold in an orderly fashion,'' said a statement.