Just installed xe6 and get string of Ambiguity errors when I compile my pro

e.g.
[bcc32 Error] IdZLibHeaders.hpp(62): E2015 Ambiguity between 'alloc_func' and 'System::Zlib::alloc_func'

[bcc32 Error] IdZLibHeaders.hpp(63): E2015 Ambiguity between 'free_func' and 'System::Zlib::free_func'

etc.

and warnings like

[bcc32 Warning] W8123 Path 'd:\embarcadero\studio\14.0\include\vcl' not found - path ignored in option '-I'

Anyone suggest anything? I did google but found nothing.
0
Tom
7/13/2015 4:20:09 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tom wrote:

> [bcc32 Error] IdZLibHeaders.hpp(62): E2015 Ambiguity between
> 'alloc_func' and 'System::Zlib::alloc_func'
> [bcc32 Error] IdZLibHeaders.hpp(63): E2015 Ambiguity between
> 'free_func' and 'System::Zlib::free_func'
>
> etc.

Indy uses its own copy of ZLib, it does not use C++Builder's copy.  Indy
does not currently wrap its ZLib declarations in a namespace (it probably
should).  System.ZLib.hpp does use a namespace (System::Zlib), but like every
other VCL header, it dumps its contents into the global namespace by default.
 Something in your project is #include'ing the System.Zlib.hpp file before
#include'ing the IdZLibHeaders.hpp file (Indy does not use System.Zlib.hpp).
 That is why there is an ambiguity.  To avoid that, either:

1. find out what is #include'ing System.ZLib.hpp and disable it or move it
after IdZLibHeaders.hpp.

2. add NO_USING_NAMESPACE_SYSTEM_ZLIB or DELPHIHEADER_NO_IMPLICIT_NAMESPACE_USE
to the Conditionals list in the Project Options to stop System.Zlib.hpp from
dumping its content into the global namespace anymore.

> [bcc32 Warning] W8123 Path 'd:\embarcadero\studio\14.0\include\vcl' not
found - path ignored in option '-I'

That is an outdated include path.  I am guessing you migrated an old project
to XE6, is that right?  There is a reference to "$(BDS)\include\vcl" in the
Includes path in the Project Options.  The correct path is now "$(BDS)\include\windows\vcl".

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> Tom wrote:
>
> > [bcc32 Error] IdZLibHeaders.hpp(62): E2015 Ambiguity between
> > 'alloc_func' and 'System::Zlib::alloc_func'
> > [bcc32 Error] IdZLibHeaders.hpp(63): E2015 Ambiguity between
> > 'free_func' and 'System::Zlib::free_func'
> >
> > etc.
>
> Indy uses its own copy of ZLib, it does not use C++Builder's copy.  Indy
> does not currently wrap its ZLib declarations in a namespace (it probably
> should).  System.ZLib.hpp does use a namespace (System::Zlib), but like every
> other VCL header, it dumps its contents into the global namespace by default.
>  Something in your project is #include'ing the System.Zlib.hpp file before
> #include'ing the IdZLibHeaders.hpp file (Indy does not use System.Zlib.hpp).
>  That is why there is an ambiguity.  To avoid that, either:
>
> 1. find out what is #include'ing System.ZLib.hpp and disable it or move it
> after IdZLibHeaders.hpp.
>
> 2. add NO_USING_NAMESPACE_SYSTEM_ZLIB or DELPHIHEADER_NO_IMPLICIT_NAMESPACE_USE
> to the Conditionals list in the Project Options to stop System.Zlib.hpp from
> dumping its content into the global namespace anymore.
>
> > [bcc32 Warning] W8123 Path 'd:\embarcadero\studio\14.0\include\vcl' not
> found - path ignored in option '-I'
>
> That is an outdated include path.  I am guessing you migrated an old project
> to XE6, is that right?  There is a reference to "$(BDS)\include\vcl" in the
> Includes path in the Project Options.  The correct path is now "$(BDS)\include\windows\vcl".
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Tom

Getting error when installing a package that was just compiled in XE8 [Edit]
When trying to install a package that was just successfully compiled I get an error message - Package MyPackage.dll can't be installed because it was created with a different version of Delphi or CBuilder. Any thoughts on what may be causing this issue? I thoroughly checked the paths to make sure it was correct. Edited by: John Clark on Apr 22, 2015 8:12 PM The best way to solve this issue is to create a new package in C++ Builder XE8 and add the source files from your previous project to it (Project->Add to project...). If it is not possible edit manually your cbproj file and ...

Project gives compile error when in first attempt of installing it but installs successfully after removing it and re-installing
Hi Guys,I have a weird problem. Its not a show stopper but a mere inconvenience. I have a ASP.net application. And I am using setup project to install it on server. Every time I make changes in the application and need to install the release on the server, I have to uninstall the application using Add/Remove Programs utility. And Re-install it with created the setup .msi file. On running the application, it  always gives me a compilation error. Then I have to remove the application using Add/Remove Programs utility one mre time and re-run .msi file to get rid of...

Just get this error during install
I am trying to install DNN 3.0.13 or 3.012 and I get this error during installation. I am running framework V1.3 , what can I do to fix this???   Server Error in '/' Application. Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded permission set object.Source Error: An u...

Error installing window service with incorrect UserName - How to trap this error
Hi, I am running a .bat file to install my .net application as window service.  In my ProjectInstaller Class, New Method, I am just assigning username, password and Account to ServiceInstaller1.  Now, If I assign invalid username here, service installation gets failed but I want service to get installed even if this assigned UserName is invalid. Here is my .bat file, just having two line of code.%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe C:\Development\MyService\Bin\Debug\MyService.EXE>> MyScripts.log net start MyService>> MyScripts.log&...

Installing RAD Studio 2007 gets MS Installer error
I am moving to a new Vista 64 system so I am re-installing all of my versions of Delphi and BCB. All have installed successfully except BCB 2007. I can install my original Delphi 2007 DVD but if I try to install any updates or from my BCB 2007 DVD which includes updates 1 through 3, the install fails as soon as it gets to the point where the MS Installer is called, after which both Delphi and BCB 2007 are gone. I have tried all kinds of combinations and order of installing Delphi, BCB, and updates but it always boils down to anything that includes an update will bomb when the MS Installer...

To install or not to install?

Getting this Error when running Make install trying to Install Knights Chess
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/perrottab/Downloads/knights/knights' g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I. -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -MT server_icc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/server_icc.Tpo -c -o server_icc.o server_icc.cpp cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++ In file included from server_icc.h:21:0, fr...

Installed 2.0 but am getting error asking to install 1.1 to fix
I recently upgraded from 1.0 to 2.0. The instructions required that I remove 1.0 installation. The offeneder is rng.exe....any suggestions? For delbox I also got it (Not when upgrading to 2.0, I got long back when I moved from 1.0 to 1.1) See if below link helps you to love U R problem http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=26703 Basically you have to re-install throught control pannel!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

Errors installing SSL on Install
Hello, It seems that the problem I have seems to be with the CA being corrupt. I get the error creating W0 object, then a 251 error with PKI, when it is done it doesn't create the SSL keys. An outside vendor told me there was a procedure for fixing this problem. I was just wondering if I could get a copy e-mailed to me @ John.Hummer@wmtps.org instead of having a Novell Engineer on the phone for 4 hours. Thanx in advance for your help in this matter. John Hummer CNE West Milford BOE On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:18:18 GMT, John.Hummer@wmtps.org wrote: >It seems that the...

fresh install NW6.5 with Arcserve v9 install errors string index out of range
I have a fresh install of NW 6.5 with SP1.1 applied. I am trying to install Arcserve v9. On the workstation (win2ksp4) I install from I get an error string index out of range: -1 Looking at the ni.log I see unrecoverable error in driver.mainHallway() I was hunting around ca's esupport site and seem to have learned the NW 6.5 needs/wants Arcserve 9.01 (or that 9.01 support NW6.5) Can I install 9 and then apply the patch to get to 9.1? This is a fresh install of Netware on a HP DL380 G2 using an external HP DLT80 drive any help/hints/advice on what to do/what needs to b...

Why I always get a error: "Installation aborted because the item was a duplicate of an item already installed."
I got this error when I install any starterkit. Why? I have not installed them before. And I can't saw them in my tempaltes panel. Please kindly help me, thanks. I am having the same problem - any tips appreciated. Try these steps if you're experiencing problems installing the VSI file: For C# in Visual Studio 2005 beta 2: - Start the .vsi installation file - Click on Review button - Copy the CS zip file - open Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer directory - In Visual Web Develper directory create directory called VisualC# - Past...

Just installed zfd4sp1bservrp1c.exe and get error extending schema
Hi there After installing zfd4sp1bservrp1c.exe, when I type in sys\public\ and run "ndssch.exe userhist.sch". I get the error "Error -495 attempting to initialize unicode tables" Can anyone help me please. Thanks in advance Dave David, to run the schema extension from the workstation, you usually have to be running a US-codepage machine. It's much simpler to do it form NWCONFIG (directory options->extend schema, point it to a directory that has this file) -- Shaun Pond Novell Support Connection SysOp You shoul...

Installation Error: error attempting to read from the source install database
I receive an "Error attempting to read from the source install database" C:\windows\installer\2ce6f3.msi. when I try to install the time tracker (CSVS). Any ideas?...

Web resources about - Just installed xe6 and get string of Ambiguity errors when I compile my pro - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.