Installing Delphi components into C++ Builder 2009?

Hi All,

I'm trying to install a Delphi package into C++ Builder 2009.
I've read the stuff out there that says install into Delphi and get it to create the C++ files, unfortunately I don't have Delphi installed on my development box.
When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality is not available and the project cannot be loaded.
Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Trev
0
Trevor
1/21/2009 11:19:49 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

> {quote:title=Trevor Goldsmith wrote:}{quote}
>
> When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality is not available and the project cannot be loaded.
> Is there any way around this?

You could create a new C++Builder package project and add all .pas files from the Delphi package to it.

--
Moritz

"Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Moritz
1/21/2009 11:58:26 AM
<Trevor Goldsmith> wrote in message news:70767@forums.codegear.com...

> I'm trying to install a Delphi package into C++ Builder 2009.
> I've read the stuff out there that says install into Delphi and get
> it to create the C++ files, unfortunately I don't have Delphi
> installed on my development box. When I try and open the
> Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality
> is not available and the project cannot be loaded. Is there any
> way around this?

If you do not have the Delphi personality installed, then you will have to
use the command-line dcc32.exe compiler instead.  All versions of C++Builder
ship with it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Remy,

Is there a howto or something that I could use to help me do this?
I'm a bit rusty with CBuilder and this new version is a definite culture shock. My last version was version 4 and I haven't used that for a few years.

Thanks

Trevor
0
Trevor
1/22/2009 10:28:41 PM
I'm running into the same error message while trying to load a D2009 project.

Up to now, I've only used C++.  But with CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 shouldn't I have access to both Delphi and C++ Builder?
Is there something I need to do to enable the Delphi.Personality?

Thanks.

> {quote:title=Trevor Goldsmith wrote:}{quote}
> Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.
>
> Remy,
>
> Is there a howto or something that I could use to help me do this?
> I'm a bit rusty with CBuilder and this new version is a definite culture shock. My last version was version 4 and I haven't used that for a few years.
>
> Thanks
>
> Trevor
0
Rob
5/26/2010 6:22:10 PM
In article <246460@forums.embarcadero.com>, Rob Thomas <> wrote:

> Is there something I need to do to enable the Delphi.Personality?

   Make sure to use the RAD studio link instead of the C++Builder link
in the start menu. (If the -p flag is set, BDS will only use the
personality listed.)
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole ...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Installing C++ Builder 2009 / Delphi
OK, I just purchased a license and got a key. The web install process fails. I think the problem is my ISP. Now, back in Dec 2008 I downloaded an ISO file for the install about 2 Gigs and never used it really. If I use this ISO file, Create a DVD and do the install from there , will it effectively be a full licensed install. So far it looks identical (except maybe the program is 7 months old). Also I ordered the media as part of my purchase, should I wait for the media to come in before installing? Thanks for any assistance I can get. Colin B Maharaj Trinidad,WI ...

Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum... I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE. I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available. The problem arrives when I try to compile t...

How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?
Hi Folks, I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine. When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette. What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? -- Simon <Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com... > What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? Did you enable the "Generate all...

How to install Delphi component in C++ personality
I have a number of custom components written in Delphi. I can install these for use in the Delphi personality easily enough. How do I install them into the C++ personality? "Stephen Boyd" <steve.boyd@amtelecom.net> wrote in message news:17429@forums.codegear.com... > I have a number of custom components written in Delphi. I > can install these for use in the Delphi personality easily enough. > How do I install them into the C++ personality? Make sure the "Generate all C++ files" option is enabled in the Project Options for the package, an...

To install or not to install?

BDS2006
I am wondering how it works regarding components in BDS2006: I have installed BDS2006 and applied all updates, then started the Delphi personality and installed my component packages. Question: Are these components also valid for the C++ personality or do I have to install them also there? I am not a C++ programmer (only Delphi for me) but I have to be able to build C++ applications created by other developers (sources retrieved from CVS). To do so I have to have a working IDE with all needed components. -- Bo Berglund Developer in Sweden Bo Berglund wrote: > I am wonde...

Problems after installing C++ Builder 2009
I install C++ Builder 2009(trial edition) and didn't uninstall BCB6. In other words, there are two suites of BCB software in my computer(OS is WindowsXP with SP2). Now, there has some problems with the project which has GodeGuard validation. In BCB6, it can compiler, but there has error messages at run time(see attachments); In builder 2009, there are some link errors during compiler time: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_DESC' referenced from D:\WITHDLL\EXE\DEBUG_BUILD\EXE_PROJECT1.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_CG_THIS' referenc...

Installing Components Problem Delphi 2009
Hello, I´am trying to install some Thirdy Party Components in Delphi 2009 but I´am having trouble with the location. When I build the Package they go to another folder,my old delphi 2007 folder, and on the one that I choose. I aredy configureted the Path for BPL,DCUs and DCPs but this componentes don´t go follow it.I mean, I can build my old projects fine, but thoose ones no[ o.0 ]. Some information: on the "Target Core Compile:" there is a line who contains: -LE"C:\Delphi2007"(my old folder for delphi) -Le"c:\Delphi2007" -No"C:\Temp&quo...

Install Delphi Packages in C++Builder.
Hi How can I install Delphi2009 package in c++builder2009, I have the full source code for that delphi package (.pas). Thanks. Safwan. In article <85358@forums.codegear.com>, Safwan Maswadeh <safwan_maswadeh@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I install Delphi2009 package in c++builder2009, I have the full > source code for that delphi package (.pas). Change the project options to "Generate all C++ files", Build and install it. If you have already installed the Delphi-only version, you have to delete the package cache from the registry, or they...

Install of Delphi packages into C++2009
Sebastian Zierer has kindly uploaded a beta version of the old Turbopower Orpheus components for D2009 to his website ( [http://www.songbeamer.com/delphi/] ). Unfortunately I can't seem to install the packages into C2009. I have compiled and installed the components and they show up on the palette for Delphi applications but not for C++ applications. I have checked 'Generate all C++ files' for in the linker options. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks Simon Hello, > {quote:title=Simon Hooper wrote:}{quote} > > Is there something else I shou...

Trouble installing components on Delphi 2009
Hi, I am using Delphi 2009. Components that I managed to install under XP - JVCL, Zeos and EhLib - don't want to install on my new Windows 7 environment. Is this a common problem? Does it go away with Delphi 2010? (I have downloaded the 30-day trial, but that doesn't do command lines). TIA -- Mark Patterson www.piedsoftware.com > {quote:title=Mark Patterson wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am using Delphi 2009. Components that I managed to install under XP - JVCL, Zeos and EhLib - don't want to install on my new Windows 7 environment. Is this a common proble...

Web resources about - Installing Delphi components into C++ Builder 2009? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper