Installing C++Builder and Delphi XE2 on the same computer. [Edit]

Presently I have purchased, downloaded and installed C++Builder Pro off of the ISO file named “Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 ISO (includes Update 3)”, now with the BOGO offer I want to install Delphi on the same machine.  I was given a link to download Delphi but it is the same link for the C++Builder installation which is a download with Update 1 only, that’s why I installed off the ISO file. My question(s) are: (1)-does the installation know what flavor of RAD by the serial number provided and therefore
 installs Delphi XE2? (2)-If installing on the same computer, will both applications utilize the same common files/.dlls? (3)-Should I be installing into a separate directory for Delphi versus the Installed directory for C++Builder? (4)-If I change the Options for the tool Palette, IDE editor HTML, Formatter for Delphi, will it also alter what I have already made for C++Builder or will each application keep their own changes separate from each other? (5)-Can I run both applications simultaneously?  (6)-Ar
e there any other “Gotchas” that I should be aware of?     TIA:-)

Edited by: Ed Rokosz on Feb 23, 2012 8:19 PM
0
Ed
2/24/2012 4:19:51 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Ed Rokosz wrote:}{quote}
> Presently I have purchased, downloaded and installed C++Builder Pro off of the ISO file named “Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 ISO (includes Update 3)”, now with the BOGO offer I want to install Delphi on the same machine.  I was given a link to download Delphi but it is the same link for the C++Builder installation which is a download with Update 1 only, that’s why I installed off the ISO file. My question(s) are: (1)-does the installation know what flavor of RAD by the serial number provided and therefo
re installs Delphi XE2? (2)-If installing on the same computer, will both applications utilize the same common files/.dlls? (3)-Should I be installing into a separate directory for Delphi versus the Installed directory for C++Builder? (4)-If I change the Options for the tool Palette, IDE editor HTML, Formatter for Delphi, will it also alter what I have already made for C++Builder or will each application keep their own changes separate from each other? (5)-Can I run both applications simultaneously?  (6)-
Are there any other “Gotchas” that I should be aware of?     TIA:-)

> Edited by: Ed Rokosz on Feb 23, 2012 8:19 PM

Ok: I'll have to answer my own questions with trial and error on my part.

(1)-Does the installation know what flavor of RAD by the serial number provided and therefore installs Delphi XE2? YES.

(2)-If installing on the same computer, will both applications utilize the same common files/.dlls? YES

(3)-Should I be installing into a separate directory for Delphi versus the Installed directory for C++Builder? You don't have a choice: the installation program will upgrade the RAD C++Builder installation by including Delphi XE2 into it and it becomes an RAD XE2 installation with two choices on the Start menu (C++Builder and Delphi).

(4)-If I change the Options for the tool Palette, IDE editor HTML, Formatter for Delphi, will it also alter what I have already made for C++Builder or will each application keep their own changes separate from each other?
Yes and No... The ToolBar customization previously done for C++Builder is carried over into the IDE for Delphi; The Editor|Source is different for each personality and you can alter one and not change the other. Editor|Colors are the same for both and what you set up for C++Builder is carried over into Delphi and changing one alters the other. Formatter is different between the two, because C++Builder is .CPP and Delphi is .PAS.  HTML editor is the same between the two.

(5)-Can I run both applications simultaneously? Yes but the IDE is the same and there is no definitive distinguishing feature at first glance to tell which platform you are working in, i,e,; CBuilder or Delphi. Naturally when you try to create a new project: Delphi will only let you start a Delphi project and C++Builder likewise only a C++Builder project. Clicking on the Help icon on the toolbar will also list the product you are operating in. Other than that, it all looks the same.

(6)-Now for a gotcha:
I was advised by Embarcadero's help staff to select the "Upgrade" radio button when installing Delphi which I did. The next screen provides an input for the Delphi Serial number which I entered and the next screen prompts for the personalities to install on your machine.

Here is where it went wrong: whatever you do, do not uncheck C++Builder or Delphi, I was suspecting that this was an upgrade to ADD Delphi to an already installed version of C++Builder and I thought I was being prompted to install the upgrade to Delphi and I checked Delphi and unchecked C++Builder...Wrong!

Because I unchecked C++Builder and checked Delphi the installation removed C++Builder and upgraded to Delphi.

I then tried to reinstall C++Builder and it went downhill from there. So I re-installed my Ghost backup prior to the installation of either XE2 products and proceeded to reinstall C++Builder and upgrade to Delphi. Now when I got to registering C++Builder I tried to import the original slip file but it wouldn't take it so I tried to register it but that failed because I reached my registration limit: What? So soon on only two attempts? So I had to call for an increase and then downloaded another slip file.
 Delphi went in ok after registering.
0
Ed
2/25/2012 9:32:10 AM
> [...]
>
> Because I unchecked C++Builder and checked Delphi the installation removed C++Builder and upgraded to Delphi.
>
> I then tried to reinstall C++Builder and it went downhill from there. So I re-installed my Ghost backup prior to the installation of either XE2 products and proceeded to reinstall C++Builder and upgrade to Delphi. Now when I got to registering C++Builder I tried to import the original slip file but it wouldn't take it so I tried to register it but that failed because I reached my registration limit: What? So soon on only two attempts? So I had to call for an increase and then downloaded another slip fil

installing component in C++ Builder XE2 Trial [Edit]
I have following problem. I tried install component SMDBGrid (from page http://www.scalabium.com/) in C++ Builder XE2 Trial Update 2. I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After that I tried build the package. But I recived error message: "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)". In Project ->Options -> Directories and Conditionals ->Library path I have text "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\debug". Environment variables are correct and file "system.dcu" exists in corr...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

C Builder XE2 Install
I started installing C Builder XE2 (actually Rad Studio XE2) and I just noticed after installing many 3rd party components that NONE OF THE STANDARD BCB libraries installed (only DCUs)!!!! I am guessing I have to do a complete reinstall which takes HOURS!!!!! Best regards, Shane ...

re-install C++ builder [Edit]
I've just had my computer crash on me! and I had to re-install my copy of c++ Builder 4.0 from cd. It had some troubles readin files from disk, so I had to manually install the program. (Not using the install or setup files that come on the cd) All worked fine except some components on the Internet palette. I was able to determine that they were from nmfast40.bpl library. I was not able to find such a file on my system. the only one I could find with that name is in the C++ builder/libs directory and that one has an extension of .bpi, which is the wrong extension. Do anyone kno...

Installing C++ Builder 2009 / Delphi
OK, I just purchased a license and got a key. The web install process fails. I think the problem is my ISP. Now, back in Dec 2008 I downloaded an ISO file for the install about 2 Gigs and never used it really. If I use this ISO file, Create a DVD and do the install from there , will it effectively be a full licensed install. So far it looks identical (except maybe the program is 7 months old). Also I ordered the media as part of my purchase, should I wait for the media to come in before installing? Thanks for any assistance I can get. Colin B Maharaj Trinidad,WI ...

Install Delphi Packages in C++Builder.
Hi How can I install Delphi2009 package in c++builder2009, I have the full source code for that delphi package (.pas). Thanks. Safwan. In article <85358@forums.codegear.com>, Safwan Maswadeh <safwan_maswadeh@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I install Delphi2009 package in c++builder2009, I have the full > source code for that delphi package (.pas). Change the project options to "Generate all C++ files", Build and install it. If you have already installed the Delphi-only version, you have to delete the package cache from the registry, or they...

To install or not to install?

XE2 Update Installed C++Builder
When I installed XE2 UD4 from the original UD4 ISO disc I SPECIFICALLY instructed the installer to NOT install C++ !!! I just noticed that when I did a manual update yesterday that the update installer went ahead and installed C++ ! (???) I do NOT want C++ on my system !!!!!!! How do I get rid of it??? -- Q 07/27/2012 09:24:34 XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278 [Q'sBrokenToolBar] Quentin Correll wrote: > When I installed XE2 UD4 from the original UD4 ISO disc I SPECIFICALLY > instructed the installer to NOT install C++ !!! > > I just noticed that wh...

Is it possible to install vs2008 express edition on a computer that still have vs2005 installed?
Im curently using visual studio 2005 professional edition which was installed in a partition section of my pc hard drive, I want to install the new version although the express edition of visual studio 2008. Is it  possible for me to install 2008 express edition? because I dont want to uninstall my 2005 edition from my hard drive.and will the two version have a conflict if both  are on my computer. Yes, they work side-by-side.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Problem with installation update in Builder XE2 [Edit]
Like in subject.. I've installed update 2 and update 3, but in Help->About->Installed updates is only update 1 !!! Installation was successful. I tried to do it 2 times. What should I do to update IDE? I was solved this problem. I completly uninstalled IDE and manually removed all RAD Studio folders. Then I installed again. Edited by: Piotr Pienszke on Feb 9, 2012 12:38 AM solved ...

Installing Delphi components into C++ Builder 2009?
Hi All, I'm trying to install a Delphi package into C++ Builder 2009. I've read the stuff out there that says install into Delphi and get it to create the C++ files, unfortunately I don't have Delphi installed on my development box. When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality is not available and the project cannot be loaded. Is there any way around this? Thanks Trev Hello, > {quote:title=Trevor Goldsmith wrote:}{quote} > > When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personal...

Install Component Issue with C++ Builder XE2
When I click on "Component" from the menu and choose "Install Component" (literally right as I choose that) I get this error: "Access violation at address 207DF804 in module 'coreide160.bpl'. Read of address 00000000. {code} [207DF804]{coreide160.bpl} IDEServices.TOTAEnvironmentOptions.GetOptionValue (Line 1766, "IDEServices.pas" + 4) + $1 [207DF7D3]{coreide160.bpl} IDEServices.TOTAEnvironmentOptions.GetOptionValue (Line 1762, "IDEServices.pas" + 0) + $27 [50043095]{rtl160.bpl } System.@IntfCopy (Line 29882, "System.pas"...

Install DCC for Delphi 4, 5 and 6 after D2006, XE and XE2 installed
I know that the standard advice is to install Delphi versions in chronological order. I have installed D2006, XE and XE2 in chronological order and they work fine. Now I would like to install just the command line compilers for Delphi 4, 5 and 6. 1. Can you install just DCC and the libraries that go with it or must the entire product (including IDE) be installed? 2. Is there are way to do this that won't mess up the more recent products? I really hope to avoid removing and reinstalling the three already installed products. Thanks! I wound up taking a deep breath and spending about...

Web resources about - Installing C++Builder and Delphi XE2 on the same computer. [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper