How do I solve the Assertion Failure problem

I've begun to move my program code to my win 8.1 64 bit machine.  I'm finding that when running my older programs in debug mode that I get repeated Assertion Failure (set thread context failed) on closing the programs.  This only occurs (so far) for the programs in C builder 2007.  Haven't noticed it in XE8.  I remember this same occurrence some years ago when I first moved to Win 7 64 bit.  I cannot remember what I did to solve the problem.  Have searched the forums for a solution, didn't find one.  Prog
rams seem to run OK outside of debug mode, so the problem must have something to do with debugging.

Does anyone remember what needs to be done?  The full message text is:  Assertion failure (!"Set ThreadContext failed") in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412. Continue execution?  Pressing Yes repeatedly finally ends the messages, sometimes it takes a lot of presses.  Pressing No terminates the IDE.  The message Title is: bds.exe - bordbk105N.dll

Thanks

Bob
0
Robert
6/1/2015 4:15:26 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I found the problem.  There is a replacement for the bordbk105N.dll on the website.  I just had to look harder.  A better google search pointed me where I needed to go.

> {quote:title=Robert Byers wrote:}{quote}
> I've begun to move my program code to my win 8.1 64 bit machine.  I'm finding that when running my older programs in debug mode that I get repeated Assertion Failure (set thread context failed) on closing the programs.  This only occurs (so far) for the programs in C builder 2007.  Haven't noticed it in XE8.  I remember this same occurrence some years ago when I first moved to Win 7 64 bit.  I cannot remember what I did to solve the problem.  Have searched the forums for a solution, didn't find one.  Pr
ograms seem to run OK outside of debug mode, so the problem must have something to do with debugging.

> Does anyone remember what needs to be done?  The full message text is:  Assertion failure (!"Set ThreadContext failed") in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412. Continue execution?  Pressing Yes repeatedly finally ends the messages, sometimes it takes a lot of presses.  Pressing No terminates the IDE.  The message Title is: bds.exe - bordbk105N.dll
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob
0
Robert

Firefox installation problem solved
A few days ago I submitted a question about installing FF on my W98 platform. Basically, when I ran the .exe download, I got an indication of files being expanded and verified but after that nothing happened and FF was not installed. In a totally unrelated undertaking, I recently installed Norton Anti-Virus (NAV) 2005. It refused to install until I updated to MS IE 6, which it provided. Once installed, NAV refused to run and the associated error message indicated that that fault might be due to the presence on the system of a program called the 'the HelpSpot!' (an unused rem...

If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. Mozulla 1.7 installation problem
If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. What should be the problem? ...

Imlib2 Module install failure problem
Dear Users I work on debian testing with perl 5.8.8. If I try to install the module Image::Imlib2 to install (perl -MCPAN -e shell / install Image::Imlib2) then after a few downloads, I see this error-message: -- snip -- Warning: this distribution contains XS files, but Module::Build is not configured with C_support at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1128. Checking prerequisites... Looks good Creating new 'Build' script for 'Image-Imlib2' version '1.12' CPAN: YAML loaded ok /usr/bin/perl Build --makefile_env_macros 1 lib/Image/...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

TRIAL8 problem
I scrubbed Inline from my machine, and installed just TRIAL8. Inline::TT installation failed. Running "test Inline::TT" in the CPAN shell dies with t/01_add........Error. You have specified 'TT' as an Inline programming language. I currently only know about the following languages: C, Foo, foo If you have installed a support module for this language, try deleting the config file from the following Inline DIRECTORY, and run again: /x/cpan/build/Inline-TT-0.02/_Inline at t/01_add.t line 0 Deleting this directory doesn...

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

TRIAL8 problem
Same install failure as with Inline::TT. t/load....Error. You have specified 'WebChat' as an Inline programming language. I currently only know about the following languages: C, Foo, foo ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stick...

Solving the Flash player plugin install failure
Name: Ferdinad Turla Email: fturlaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Solving the Flash player plugin install failure Comments: To successfully install the flash player plugin for firefox3 the customers(web browsers) must go to the adobe web site and download the file called "install flash player.exe" - once they do this, firefox must be closed down before running the program. Run the adobe program then once installed you can now open up firefox3 and it should run with flash plugin. Note the install plugin button in flash does not properly install the flash pla...

Is it a firefox problem or an adobe flash install problem that the plugin just won't install
I'm on Windows XP with Firefox 35.0.1 and I received a message to install the latest flash plugin which I've done many times before. I was absolutely positive that I went to the correct Adobe domain and flash version test location, and I downloaded the flash plugin stub. But it just won't install. 1. I kill Firefox. 2. I doubleclick on the adobe stub installer. 3. It downloads the rest of whatever it needs (takes a few minutes). 4. It then says it has completed successfully and deletes the stub. But, much to my dismay, time and time again (the definition of ins...

Install problem and loading problem
Name: Bill Hobler Email: bhobleratcoxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Install problem and loading problem Comments: After installation of Firefox 3.0 I find two firefox icons on the "Open With" window. Clicking on one of these displays the dialog "Want Firefox as default browser?" The other opens in Firefox 3.0 and no dialog. When loading a webpage Firefox 3.0 randomly results in a Windows XP message to seek broadband access. I am connected in broadband. This did not happen in previous Firefox versions. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Wi...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

Web resources about - How do I solve the Assertion Failure problem - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Security Assertion Markup Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is an XML -based open standard data format for exchanging authentication and authorization data between parties, in particular, between an ...

Joe de Bruyn's assertion he has majority support against gay marriage challenged
Joe de Bruyn says that the majority of his members support him against gay marriage. I challenge him to hold a secret ballot of all members to ...

Justin Trudeau Fires Back At Harper's Assertion He Dislikes Military
OTTAWA - Stephen Harper dishonours soldiers who've died to preserve Canada's democracy when he asserts that Justin Trudeau distrusts and dislikes ...

2005 Purple iPhone design could thwart Samsung’s assertion that Apple copied Sony
. We hope you aren’t sick of early iPhone prototypes just yet as the monster Apple vs. Samsung trial is kicking off today and yet another prototype ...

Cell Phones Need A Warrant, But Cell Site Location Info Doesn’t? Appellants Challenge Government’s Assertions ...
While the government makes the usual claims about third party data and warrant requirements being an undue burden, the appellant's reply takes ...

Sy Hersh: No evidence of nuclear program in Iran, despite Obama administration assertions
Iran and the Bomb How real is the nuclear threat? ABSTRACT: ... Is Iran actively trying to develop nuclear weapons? Members of the Obama Administration ...

Hogan Fortune 500 assertion not true - Baltimore Sun
A claim that has also been central to Republican gubernatorial candidate Larry Hogan 's critique of Maryland's economy – that the state ...

Reinventing assertions
If you have ever written a test in Java, you are undoubtedly familiar with the Assert class: Assert.assertEquals(result, expected); Java 5 introduced ...

OECD Pushes Crazy Assertion that Poverty Is Higher in the U.S. than in Greece, Hungary, Portugal, and ...
Supporters of individual liberty and national sovereignty have been skeptical of the United Nations, and with good reason. With the support of ...

Drudge slags the First Lady with the unsupported assertion that the "Inaugural lunch tops 3,000 calories." ...
Drudge links to a Washington Times article that refers without linking to another website that supposedly lists the items on the menu and purports ...