How do I solve the Assertion Failure problem

I've begun to move my program code to my win 8.1 64 bit machine.  I'm finding that when running my older programs in debug mode that I get repeated Assertion Failure (set thread context failed) on closing the programs.  This only occurs (so far) for the programs in C builder 2007.  Haven't noticed it in XE8.  I remember this same occurrence some years ago when I first moved to Win 7 64 bit.  I cannot remember what I did to solve the problem.  Have searched the forums for a solution, didn't find one.  Prog
rams seem to run OK outside of debug mode, so the problem must have something to do with debugging.
Does anyone remember what needs to be done?  The full message text is:  Assertion failure (!"Set ThreadContext failed") in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412. Continue execution?  Pressing Yes repeatedly finally ends the messages, sometimes it takes a lot of presses.  Pressing No terminates the IDE.  The message Title is: bds.exe - bordbk105N.dll
Thanks
Bob
0
Robert
6/1/2015 4:15:26 PM
📁 embarcadero.cppbuilder.install
📃 385 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 935 Views

I found the problem.  There is a replacement for the bordbk105N.dll on the website.  I just had to look harder.  A better google search pointed me where I needed to go.

> {quote:title=Robert Byers wrote:}{quote}
> I've begun to move my program code to my win 8.1 64 bit machine.  I'm finding that when running my older programs in debug mode that I get repeated Assertion Failure (set thread context failed) on closing the programs.  This only occurs (so far) for the programs in C builder 2007.  Haven't noticed it in XE8.  I remember this same occurrence some years ago when I first moved to Win 7 64 bit.  I cannot remember what I did to solve the problem.  Have searched the forums for a solution, didn't find one.  Pr
ograms seem to run OK outside of debug mode, so the problem must have something to do with debugging.

> Does anyone remember what needs to be done?  The full message text is:  Assertion failure (!"Set ThreadContext failed") in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412. Continue execution?  Pressing Yes repeatedly finally ends the messages, sometimes it takes a lot of presses.  Pressing No terminates the IDE.  The message Title is: bds.exe - bordbk105N.dll
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob
0
Robert