Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE

What are the correct steps that I need to perform to go from a trial of C++ Builder XE Architect Trial to a purchased copy of C++ Builder Professional XE?

I want to make sure that no traces are left from the installation of the trial version.

Adi
8/1/2011 6:01:36 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I phoned support and here is the reply:

Run the 'Modify, Repair, Uninstall' link in the Embarcadero start menu.  Then choose 'Upgrade' and follow instructions.
0
Adi

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

C++ Builder 5 to Builder XE
I've C++ Builder 5 in my machine and my project's code is in Buidler 5. Builder 5 has become obsolete now. I want to upgrade to some latest version of C++ Builder. As of now C++Builder XE is available. Please let me know whether I can compile my code in Builder XE? What are compatibilty issues between Builder 5 and Builder XE? If they are not compatible then please let me know which cd/ dvd of C++ Builder I should buy? <Jyotsna Manale> wrote in message news:416111@forums.embarcadero.com... > I want to upgrade to some latest version of C++ Builder. > As of now C++Build...

Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE
Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/28256 Updated: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:52:00 GMT Is the update really new? > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE > http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/28256 > Updated: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:52:00 GMT > > Is the update really new? I think so -- but it's nothing major. The update is really BIG though. Not worth it if you're in your cabin in the mountains with a 9600 baud modem connection. ...

C++Builder XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Hm. I was waiting for the final release notes to appear before I'd make up my mind about the new XE-release - and here they are. I've bought every C++ Compiler Bor...

Installation of Update1 for C++ Builder XE is failing
Hi, I get the Update option to install as soon as I start XE. But on clicking the Download and Install, I get the following error "--------------------------- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE - InstallAware Wizard --------------------------- Runtime error in setup script: Line 321: '' is not a valid integer value I'm facing a linker error with the resource file missing for the TeeChart component (not present under C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\lib\win32\release), thought installing the update will fix this error. Thanks > {quote:title=Kasturi Arjun...

Parent C# application hangs whith embedded C++ Builder XE application
I have an application .net written in C# with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. The application main window has some tabs. One of this contains a frame which is set as parent of the main window of a second application, written with C++ Builder XE and launched by main application. The two applications communicate by SendMessage, and child application, in order to do this, contains a frame whose WindowProc has been assigned a new function (the frame contains also controls for interaction with the user). The tab containing the child application is not active at statup, during startup the child appli...

C++ Builder XE
I am assuming this is the latest version. Where can see what features are included in the Starter Edition? And what is left out? I have been a long time user of C++ Builder 6 Personal Edition, and sometimes find somethin gthat would be useful is missing. George. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder/cbuilder-feature-matrix.pdf XE2 will appear shortly. ...

Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum... I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE. I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available. The problem arrives when I try to compile t...

Llicense, installations and other doubts regarding C++ Builder XE [Edit]
I’ve just downloaded and installed C++ Builder XE Trial under Win XP SP3. I have some doubts in case I buy the software (it would be C++ Builder XE Pro and I’m a single user): -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 - How would I register the new license and get rid of the trial version? (I couldn’t find a menu item to "Register a definitive license") -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2 - Will I have to uninstall the trial version a...

C++ Builder XE wont start after installing Update1.exe
C++ Builder XE won't start after installing Update1.exe. The banner page start and as soon as the message "All design time packages are loaded" appears, the banner page disappear, no IDE and no error message. I can still see bds.exe in the task manager. I'm using WIn XP. Please help. ...

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Web resources about - Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

London Olympic Games near miss inspires Canberra boxer to fulfill professional dream
One lousy point was all that stopped Canberra boxer Dave Toussaint from fulfilling his Olympic Games dream.

Silicon Valley professionals take LSD to boost productivity
Coffee may be your mind-sharpening tool of choice, but some of Silicon Valley's brightest brains are relying on something substantially stronger ...

Richie McCaw ends All Blacks career with retirement from professional rugby
Richie McCaw departs with global acknowledgement as the game's finest flanker, one of the best players of all time and as an outstanding leader. ...

A Bold and Textured Bachelor Pad — Professional Project
Pin it Project by: Denise Wilson Location: New York, New York Now this is how you do texture! From the walls, to the rugs, to the pillows there ...

Why aren’t there more professional apps for the iPad Pro?
Much has been made about the lack of professional software for the iPad Pro so far. This is a problem that doesnt look to go away anytime soon, ...

What Not to Wear to a Professional Photo Shoot
When it comes to a professional photo shoot, there are certain recommendations that you should follow in terms of what you should wear, especially ...

Women in Professional Sports
by wj A few days ago, the Economist had a post on their Game Theory blog entitled Playing with Pink Balls. The thumbnail photo (and it really ...

American Airlines Loses Professional Dancer’s $250K Prosthetic Leg, Finds It In Another Country
If you thought the airline losing your suitcase of souvenirs was rough, imagine if they lost a bag with your prosthetic leg. That’s apparently ...

Adobe bows to HTML5 and renames its Flash Professional app
Given that Flash is widely considered an internet blight, it's hard to imagine a time when it was actually cool. But in the day, the app was ...