Do C++Builder 2006 works if installed on Win7-64? [Edit]

As the subject says.
And, if it works, there's any kind of bug/glitch/strange behaviour (other than the ones it already show on WinXP 32) i should be aware of?

parduz
9/4/2013 8:10:55 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

got server errors, then triple post, sorry

Edited by: parduz zudrap on Sep 16, 2013 2:36 PM
0
parduz
9/16/2013 12:36:45 PM
got server errors, then triple post, sorry

Edited by: parduz zudrap on Sep 16, 2013 2:37 PM
0
parduz

Re: Do C++Builder 2006 works if installed on Win7-64?
> {quote:title=parduz zudrap wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=parduz zudrap wrote:}{quote} > > As the subject says. > > And, if it works, there's any kind of bug/glitch/strange behaviour (other than the ones it already show on WinXP 32) i should be aware of? > > > > Thanks > > Humbly bump.... i need to choose what PCs and what OS buy for the office, and i'd like to avoid any big mistake... Don't touch Windows8 and MS Office 2013 unless you do very careful and extensive testing. I didn't and I think they're horrid. I keep ...

To install or not to install?

C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009
Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I complete software migration? Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional. Thanks, Roberto Hello, Roberto Meneghini wrote: > Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer > while I complete software migration? yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having? -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed: "Exception EPackageRegistrationEx...

re-install C++ builder [Edit]
I've just had my computer crash on me! and I had to re-install my copy of c++ Builder 4.0 from cd. It had some troubles readin files from disk, so I had to manually install the program. (Not using the install or setup files that come on the cd) All worked fine except some components on the Internet palette. I was able to determine that they were from nmfast40.bpl library. I was not able to find such a file on my system. the only one I could find with that name is in the C++ builder/libs directory and that one has an extension of .bpi, which is the wrong extension. Do anyone kno...

Installing C++2006 wants to install .NET v 1.1
I want to install C++2006 on a laptop that already has .NET v2.0 installed. But the installer won't let me proceed without installing v1.1. Obviously I don't want to install an older version. How do I go forward here? Gord Pollock wrote: > I want to install C++2006 on a laptop that already has .NET v2.0 installed. > But the installer won't let me proceed without installing v1.1. > > Obviously I don't want to install an older version. How do I go forward > here? You must install .net 1.1 . Without it BDS will not install. But you have miscon...

installing component in C++ Builder XE2 Trial [Edit]
I have following problem. I tried install component SMDBGrid (from page http://www.scalabium.com/) in C++ Builder XE2 Trial Update 2. I create new package and add all *.pas files from component. After that I tried build the package. But I recived error message: "[DCC Fatal Error] pasall.tmp(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)". In Project ->Options -> Directories and Conditionals ->Library path I have text "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\debug". Environment variables are correct and file "system.dcu" exists in corr...

Installing C++Builder and Delphi XE2 on the same computer. [Edit]
Presently I have purchased, downloaded and installed C++Builder Pro off of the ISO file named “Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 ISO (includes Update 3)”, now with the BOGO offer I want to install Delphi on the same machine. I was given a link to download Delphi but it is the same link for the C++Builder installation which is a download with Update 1 only, that’s why I installed off the ISO file. My question(s) are: (1)-does the installation know what flavor of RAD by the serial number provided and therefore installs Delphi XE2? (2)-If installing on the same computer, will both applications uti...

Problem with a fresh installation of C++Builder XE5 Starter [Edit]
I am entirely new to C++Builder, please help. There were no errors during the installation process. In order to say hello to the world, I opened the Samples\CPP\VCL\Controls folder and chose bcbsmp.bcbproj Then I went to Project -> Build bcbsmp.cpp Here is the message I received: [MSBuild Error] The "BCC32" task failed unexpectedly. System.Exception: Platform not supported:MCD at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.BCC32.GenerateFullPathToTool() at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.ComputePathToTool() at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute() at Borland.Build.T...

Llicense, installations and other doubts regarding C++ Builder XE [Edit]
I’ve just downloaded and installed C++ Builder XE Trial under Win XP SP3. I have some doubts in case I buy the software (it would be C++ Builder XE Pro and I’m a single user): -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 - How would I register the new license and get rid of the trial version? (I couldn’t find a menu item to "Register a definitive license") -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2 - Will I have to uninstall the trial version a...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Installing C++ builder on Window 8 Release Preview [Edit]
Make sure you go to updates and install .net 3.5. Edited by: Dan Rapsinski on Jun 6, 2012 1:01 PM > {quote:title=Dan Rapsinski wrote:}{quote} > Make sure you go to updates and install .net 3.5. What versions of CB? Does CB2007 work? ...

XE3, C++ Builder, GetHitTestInfoAt not works correctly under 64 bit [Edit]
Hi, The following code works on Win32 target, but not works on Win64 target. On Win64 target never reach the, {code} clicked_item = pItem; {code} line, when I click on the tree view item. {code} void __fastcall TfMainForm::tvBrowserMouseDown(TObject *Sender, TMouseButton Button, TShiftState Shift, int X, int Y) { _browser_mousedown( Sender, Button, Shift, X, Y ); } void TfMainForm::_browser_mousedown(TObject *Sender, TMouseButton Button, TShiftState Shift, int X, int Y) { TTreeNode* pItem; THitTests HT; AnsiString text_label; int idx, old_idx; ...

Has anyone installed Virtual Treeview on C++ Builder 2009 or 2010? [Edit]
I tried to install it on 2009 but the installation says: BPL Output Directory is not defined in "Environment Options" DCP Output Directory is not defined in "Environment Options" Furthermore after this failed I tried manually using this guide: 1. Open VirtualTreesC6.bpk project. 2. If you try and build you will get an error about the ThemeManagerC6.bpi, remove all reference to it. 3. The project also requires ThemeManagerC6.bpi, delete the reference. 4. Add C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib\psdk\oleacc.lib to the contains folder in the project. 5. B...

Making an installation program with Install Builder.
Hello everybody. I'm doing an installation program of my application with Install Builder 5.0. The problem is very simple, I'm in Spain, so I need that the windows appear in Spanish. It is possible? Thank you in advance. I'm not sure if the PowerDesigner forum is where you wanted to post this. Is your question PowerBuilder-related? -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com http://www.datamodel.org Carlos L�pez <clopez@unisoft-x.com> wrote in message news:ZrXbxtyN$GA.303@forums.sybase.com... > Hello everybody...

Web resources about - Do C++Builder 2006 works if installed on Win7-64? [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...