CBuilder 2007 doesn't work with windows 10

Had a similar problem when I tried to install BCB2007 and XE8 on a Surface Pro 3 w/Win 8.1.  At that time, I learned how to set the windows features to enable the older versions of .NET Framework.
After letting windows install the free update of Windows 10, I cannot load any of my existing BCB2007 projects.  BCB complains that a file "C:Windows\microsoft.net\Fra..\Borland.cpp.Targets" was not found.  Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct and that the file exists on disk.  ....
I did find the file in the windows.old directory. C:\Windows.old\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
I copied the 4 Borland.....Targets files to the new windows directory and all seems to work ok.  I was able to compile and run one of the old applications.
For XE8, there were NO problems with .net.... However, I am having problems with some of the TMS components.  Will work on this next

Robert
7/30/2015 11:15:59 PM
📁 embarcadero.cppbuilder.install
📃 385 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1143 Views

I was able to get it to work. Before running the installer I install manually msxml.msi (MSXML 4.0 SP3), .NET 2.0 SDK x64 and 64bit visual J#. Then I overwrite bordbk105N.dll (for the SetThreadContext fix). Then I fix MSBuild by doing the following:
copy Borland.Common.Targets, Borland.Cpp.Targets, Borland.Delphi.Targets, Borland.Group.Targets to the "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727" folder.
Note that when I do an install I only sellect C++ and Delphi for Win32 (uncheck Delphi for .NET). Then Uncheck everything but "Indy" and "Microsoft Office Controls". But that's just me.
There are some other things I do, but see how you fair.
0
Jason