Can someone please help me to get started on installing c++ builder 5.5?

Hi,

I'm new at this and have just downloaded C++ Builder 5.5 and don't understand the readme files instructions.  I'm running XP Pro.
0
Charles
11/21/2008 7:01:15 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Charles Moore wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new at this and have just downloaded C++ Builder 5.5 and don't
> understand the readme files instructions.  I'm running XP Pro.

Hi Charles

Have a look at this article:

http://dn.codegear.com/article/20997

Kind regards
Asger
0
Asger
11/22/2008 1:11:14 AM
> {quote:title=Charles Moore wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> I'm new at this and have just downloaded C++ Builder 5.5 and don't understand the readme files instructions.  I'm running XP Pro.

12-39 pm  11-22-08

   Hi,

   I too am setting up to run on XP. I have apparently read all the information that is available.

When I set my environmental variables to the folders for the include files and the lib files, they do not seem to work right.

Also I have not been able to get the bcc32.cfg file to work.

I have been able to compile a *.cpp file and produce the working .exe file.

I compile with a batch file, and I must give the Full Path for the include files and the Lib files and then it works.

I have also figured out how to run the file directly in my favorite editor "Edit Pad Pro".

If you have not given up yet, or are not "gone" then let's thread.

........ Ed
0
Ed

How to get PowerBuider 5.03 and Install Builder 5.03
Hi: I have been surfing for a while the Powersoft Web Site but I still not find the way to upgrade my copy of PowerBuilder 5.01 to 5.03, and Install Builder. I know there's some corrections made to both. Could anyone help me. Thanks Hugo Teran hugot@satlink.com Hugo C�sar Ter�n wrote: > > Hi: > I have been surfing for a while the Powersoft Web Site but I still > not find the way to upgrade my copy of PowerBuilder 5.01 to 5.03, and > Install Builder. I know there's some corrections made to both. > Could anyone help me. > Thanks &g...

Has anyone installed 5.4.5 by overlaying the 5.4.2 install?
We're trying to decide if we can upgrade to 5.4.5 "in place", as we did with the beta. Or if we need to install in a new directory. Has anyone tried the "upgrade in place" option? Any other 5.4.5 upgrade hints? We run UNIX/Solaris 9 on a Sun box. thanks, Kathy Back up (zip) you existing installs and install in place both server and client Good luck Hugo <Kathy Kemper> wrote in message news:43839c3e.5545.1681692777@sybase.com... > We're trying to decide if we can upgrade to 5.4.5 "in > place", as we did with the bet...

GW 5.5.5 Install
We are running GW 5.5.5 on XP clients, and in the past did manual installs, accepting all the defaults as we went thru, including the WinNTWMS prompt. We are about to start using Zen to roll out our new PCs, and we now have a hands free install for the client, except for the WinNTWMS prompt... Is there any way to turn this off when doing the install? I cannot seem to find a switch or anything for it? Graham Try /Q -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a voluntee...

Need help - de-installed PB5 for space
All, I installed PowerBuilder 6.0 and ran out of disk space. Since I'm only using 4.0.06 and porting directly to 6.0 , I uninstalled PB 5. Before I did this I had an application that opened my database in SQLA 5.5. (as a Watcom 4.0 database) . Now it opens in Watcom 4.0. I tried changing the driver parameter in ODBC.INI (to the 50t.DLL) but that only made it impossible to open the database in Powerbuilder 4.0 at all. I have since re-installed PB5 . Now what do I need to do to get the database to open in SQLA 5 ? Thanks, Rob Rambusch B4arnacles@aol.com ...

Netware 6.5 SP 5
Hi All I need help on netware 6.5 SP5. We are installing a netware 6.5 sp5 server for a customer. Existing Scenario: Customer runs a netware 4.11 server with dos clients by RPL method of booting. There are 7 to 8 volumes in netware server & users are mapped to these volumes in Syscon 3.75 utility by Login Scripts. Legacy applications are stored in one of the volumes, & the users with rights are able to run the apps. For all management & system activities is carried by syscon utility. Also System Login Scripts are used in Syscon for mapping etc. Requirement: We...

Can't install GroupWise 5.5.
I've been trying for a week to resolve a GroupWise issue. Figured I'd try to put a GroupWise system on my NW5.0 SP6 server, so I could try a few things. Naturally, it won't install. When I try to install a GroupWise system, the install script hangs every time it tries to copy a file called brshrtop.vew to the post office folders. I found a Novell document that suggests I install the PO to a different folder, but it does the same thing. The document also suggests that I start the MTA against the domain, but the installation hasn't gone far enough yet to allow...

What to do? getting installation failed for GW 5.5 Win XP
I was trying to install GroupWise 5.5 On windows XP when I got a massage that I need to download WMS from your suport web & it took me to TID # 2955744 file name WINNTWMS.EXE. I downloded the file then extracted it but when I try to install GroupWise it shows installation failed. Please Help !!! Thank you for your time Vartkes Panossian And you did actually run the winntwms update before trying to install GW ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Can Not Install GW 5.5.4 Client on XP
I had the GW 5.5.5.2 EP Client installed and then after installing office 2000 and Outlook, Groupwise quit working, I was getting a message regarding the attachment control interface not matching. I checked on the novell support site and their solution was not applicable. I cleaned GW and upon reinistalling I get the following message. ... GroupWise 5 Setup: _INS5576._MP ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND ... "The procedure entry point svTcpLoad could not be located in the dynamic link library gwenv1.dll" I Click OK ... Then I get a message LOAD LIBRARY FAILED C:\novell\gr...

Try to install pidgin 2.5.8 but installs 2.5.1 instead
Hi, I installed pidgin from suse 11.1 dvd and it installed me the pidgin 2.5.1. I saw that that version doesn't solve the yahoo issues, I needed the pidgin 2.5.8 version. I download the source, run: ./configure (with all depedencies) make Then, I uninstall the pidgin I have installed (the 2.5.1) and run: sudo zypper install pidgin This installs me the pidgin 2.5.1 and not the 2.5.8 I already compile. Does someone knows how to make to have the 2.5.8 running ? regards agunet74 -- Turbo 3000+ | 1593,57 MHz | 979 MB RAM | HARD DISK 40G Media | ...

GW6.5.1 to 6.5.5 install issue
We tried to put on 6.5.5 patch last night and had a few issues. It said a file was locked (it wasn't) GWDOM.DC We did have all the agents down. When we retried the process during the "Checking Files ...Examining your system phase, it kept asking "Please enter the path where the Client files can be found and click OK to continue, or click Cancel to stop checking files." My Theory is that since the first attempt failed, some of the Software Distribution folders were actually updated, and it dosn;t like it. Any suggestions? Should we just try to go to 6.5.6 ? Davi...

Installing 6.5 into Netware 5 sp 5 tree
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES into an existing Netware 5 Tree. = DS is up to version 7.62c on all existing NW5 servers (Three of them). = Service pack level is NW5SP5 on all existing servers. This is the = first 6.5 server to go in. Ran deployment manager before install and it = still hangs in the same spot. The server object installs into the tree = and that is it. If I go into NW...

Can someone please help me get started
I am wanting to use the TimeTracker SDK (I had this about 3 years ago, so I know what it does). I've downloaded the copy from the site, which gives me a file: Time.vsi (536kb) ... I cannot open this file type, for whatever reason, so have renamed it Time.zip, which then opens revealing the following folders: App_Code --> BLL  and the following files: ProjectComparation.vb (1kb), TimeEntry.vb (2kb) and UserReport.vb (1kb). This is all. I cannot extract these files either. What has happened to the original TimeTracker, which was about 4MB in size and very comprehensive. I am ...

groupwise 6.5 windows client the views for your installation are not installed c
HI, I try to use the same Windows GW 6.5 client to connect to 2 PO in the same system. The client work fine with the first PO on port 1677 but I receive the error message below with the second: The views for your installation are not installed correctly Can you help me please ? Thanks in advance. Regards, Stany. Stany wrote: > HI, > > I try to use the same Windows GW 6.5 client to connect to 2 PO in the > same system. > > The client work fine with the first PO on port 1677 but I receive the > error message below with the second: >...

Sybase 5.5 install
I'm using Sybase as the database engine for a facilities management software package named Archibus. I've taken over a situation where there are twenty-four different databases that need to be consolidated into one. Unfortunately, the 24 databases have been created in a number of different versions of Sybase, some even going back to Watcom. Archibus suggests using Sybase 5.5 to update all the databases before consolidating them. After consolidation the Sybase software will be upgraded to SQL Anywhere Studio 8.01 which has already been purchased. I am trying to install...

Web resources about - Can someone please help me to get started on installing c++ builder 5.5? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper