C++Builder 2010 and Turbo C++ on the same machine - can it work?

Hi,

I have Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer installed on my PC. A few days ago I decided to try C++Builder 2010 and installed the trial version. It appears to work fine, but instead Turbo C++ does not work any longer: when I try to run it, splash screen is displayed and then four message boxes with errors come up consecutively (three about access violation and one about EPackageRegistrationException). Then Turbo C++ just terminates.

Can anyone help me with this? Is there something I didn't do (or I did but shouldn't have), or these two products simply can't both be installed on the same machine and work?

I know a similar issue was raised about two months ago, but the answer did not help me solve my problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Wojciech
11/16/2009 8:57:56 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <183646@forums.codegear.com>, Wojciech Kosnikowski <> wrote:

> I know a similar issue was raised about two months ago, but the answer did
> not help me solve my problem. Any help will be appreciated.

   These /should/ both work fine together. Go ahead and open a free
installation support case here:

<http://support.embarcadero.com/forms/submitcase>
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
>    These /should/ both work fine together. Go ahead and open a free
> installation support case here:
>
> <http://support.embarcadero.com/forms/submitcase>
I did. Can you tell me what response time I can expect? Noone got back to me yet. However, I did not get any automatic confirmation email either, so maybe there is some technical problem. Is there anything I can/should do about it, or everything is as it should be and I just need to wait patiently?

Wojciech
11/20/2009 8:38:28 AM
Mr. Dean; your post body seems to be empty.
I assume that was not meant to be your answer to Wojciech's
question: "Can you tell me what response time I can expect?"
0
Utf
11/24/2009 11:19:53 PM
In article <185413@forums.codegear.com>, Wojciech Kosnikowski <> wrote:

> I did. Can you tell me what response time I can expect? Noone got back to me
> yet. However, I did not get any automatic confirmation email either, so maybe
> there is some technical problem. Is there anything I can/should do about it,
> or everything is as it should be and I just need to wait patiently?

   I hope you are still not waiting. If you are, email me directly at my
first name dot my last name at embarcadero dot com.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

Edited by: David Dean (Embarcadero) on Nov 24, 2009 5:47 PM
For some reason the post was blank
0
David
11/25/2009 1:48:26 AM
In article <186798@forums.codegear.com>, Boba 1Ž2° <Boba@somewhere.net>
wrote:

> Mr. Dean; your post body seems to be empty.
> I assume that was not meant to be your answer to Wojciech's
> question: "Can you tell me what response time I can expect?"

   Must be a bug in Jive. luckily I keep copies of all my posts and can
edit the original to get the text back in.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

For anyone interested:
- the solution is described here: [http://support.embarcadero.com/article/37345]
- apparently support did send me an email earlier but it "looked like spam" to my email provider and was rejected.
0
Wojciech

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

Anyone want old Turbo Pascal, Turbo C/C++, Borland C++, C++Builder user manuals (paperback)?
Hi, I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months and I've got a bunch of old Turbo/Borland Pascal, Turbo/Borland C/C++, and C++Builder user manuals that I no longer have any use for. I am going to throw them into the recycle bin next week, UNLESS someone wants them. I will be glad to give them to anyone that wants them if you'll pay for shipping. I don't have a list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if you are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and I'll let you know if I have them. The top ed...

Anyone want old Turbo Pascal, Turbo C/C++, Borland C++, C++Builder user manuals (paperback)?
Hi, I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months and I've got a bunch of old Turbo/Borland Pascal, Turbo/Borland C/C++, and C++Builder user manuals that I no longer have any use for. I am going to throw them into the recycle bin next week, UNLESS someone wants them. I will be glad to give them to anyone that wants them if you'll pay for shipping. I don't have a list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if you are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and I'll let you know if I have them. The top ed...

C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010: how about C++Builder ?
C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010 http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/04/06/c-0x-core-language-features-in-vc10-the-table.aspx > {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote} > C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010 > http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/04/06/c-0x-core-language-features-in-vc10-the-table.aspx The documentation talks about some of what C++0x features were added in C++Builder 2009: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What%27s_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_2009#C.2B.2BBuilder_2009 In addition, this chart is handy: http:...

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009
Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I complete software migration? Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional. Thanks, Roberto Hello, Roberto Meneghini wrote: > Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer > while I complete software migration? yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having? -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed: "Exception EPackageRegistrationEx...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

About C and C++
Hello, I will resume it like this: On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote: > He...

C++ or C#
HI, I have still seen that many big companies are still using C++ as their primary language of choice instead of C#. Like IBM stilll prefers C++ over c#. Any reason ???HighOnCodingWanna get high! Well not everybody has the .net framework installed. C++ will work on any platform, c# will not yet because the framework has not been ported to all platforms yet (e.g. mac). Also you have to think of the expense of a large company to retrain ALL its coders to use the new framework. Not exactly practical in the short term David LeggDave Legg Considering that they have a huge c...

C or C++
What's the difference in using C or C++ for ultralite developments?. Novice user. Thank you The ONLY difference is YOUR preference. There is no speed difference between the two. If you are very used to C++ but not used to SQL, then the C++ API maybe a better choice. If you are familiar with SQL, the embedded SQL may make more sense. -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs and Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/ "Lorenzo Mota" <lorenzomota@aol.com> wro...

Virtual Treeview installer for C++Builder 2010?
Hello, i've been using VirtualTreeview in C++ Builder 6, but i just bought C++ Buider 2010 and couldn't manage to install it. Is there (or will be) any Virtual Treeview installer for C++ Builder 2010? Thanks! <Antonio Martinez> wrote in message news:231264@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hello, i've been using VirtualTreeview in C++ Builder 6, but i just bought > C++ Buider 2010 and couldn't manage to install it. > > Is there (or will be) any Virtual Treeview installer for C++ Builder 2010? I have no idea if there will be an installer for 2010, but...

EkRTF in Builder C++ 2010
Do you have experience with using EkRTF component with Builder C++ 2010? I have been using it for long time with Builder 6, but now I'm upgrading the environment and while trying to install the component I got message "Delphi personality not available". I mention that I have only Builder C++, not Delphi - previously I had no problems with installing EkRTF. Could you advice what to do? Best regards, Wojtek ...

C++ Builder 6 Object inspector : C and S keys have stopped working
Hi I've been using C++ builder 6 for about 3 years now, and suddenly the C and S keys have stopped working in the object inspector. e.g. I'm putting a caption of "Options" onto a menu item, and the 's' never appears. If I type it into the IDE and copy the text, it pasted in OK, This is the same whether or not it's in upper or lower case. I noticed this last year on a PC I was using, but that PC blew up, and I had to build another one. Since then it's been ok up until this morning. Just noticed, it seems to be only in the current project I'm work...

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/. Our first preview covers just a few of the many new IDE features and enhancements in C++Builder and Delphi 2010. Additional preview videos and blog links will be published regularly up to the release date of the 2010 versions. Please stop by to see what's coming in C++Builder 2010. Thanks, Tim Tim DelChiaro wrote: > The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/. > > Our first preview covers just a few of the...

Web resources about - C++Builder 2010 and Turbo C++ on the same machine - can it work? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...