C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine

Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist?
0
Richard
12/12/2011 10:35:30 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Richard

Richard Weber wrote:

> Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same
> machine? Can they coexist?

I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have
different version of C++ Builder on the same machine.
It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were
released.

Best regards
Asger-P
0
Asger
12/12/2011 10:56:23 AM
Richard Weber <> wrote:

>Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and
>C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist?

I have every version from 2007 up installed and have not found any
problems (win7/64).

 - Leo
0
Leo
12/12/2011 2:23:29 PM
Thank you!
0
Richard

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

C++Builder 2010 and Turbo C++ on the same machine
Hi, I have Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer installed on my PC. A few days ago I decided to try C++Builder 2010 and installed the trial version. It appears to work fine, but instead Turbo C++ does not work any longer: when I try to run it, splash screen is displayed and then four message boxes with errors come up consecutively (three about access violation and one about EPackageRegistrationException). Then Turbo C++ just terminates. Can anyone help me with this? Is there something I didn't do (or I did but shouldn't have), or these two products simply can't both be installed on the sa...

C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010: how about C++Builder ?
C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010 http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/04/06/c-0x-core-language-features-in-vc10-the-table.aspx > {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote} > C++0x Core Language Features In Visual C++ 2010 > http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2010/04/06/c-0x-core-language-features-in-vc10-the-table.aspx The documentation talks about some of what C++0x features were added in C++Builder 2009: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What%27s_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_2009#C.2B.2BBuilder_2009 In addition, this chart is handy: http:...

C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009
Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I complete software migration? Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional. Thanks, Roberto Hello, Roberto Meneghini wrote: > Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer > while I complete software migration? yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having? -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed: "Exception EPackageRegistrationEx...

C Builder XE2 Install
I started installing C Builder XE2 (actually Rad Studio XE2) and I just noticed after installing many 3rd party components that NONE OF THE STANDARD BCB libraries installed (only DCUs)!!!! I am guessing I have to do a complete reinstall which takes HOURS!!!!! Best regards, Shane ...

Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007
I am working on project written in C++ Builder 4, it uses TMS Component pack. Now the TMS Component pack has been upgraded so i do not find any compatible version of TMS Component to use with C++ Builder 4. I need to upgrade my code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007. I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible with C++ Builder 2007. Thanks Arshdeep wrote: > I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible > with C++ Builder 2007. Feisible, but do take into account that there have been RTL/VCL changes between BCB4 and CB2007, so y...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

XE2 Update Installed C++Builder
When I installed XE2 UD4 from the original UD4 ISO disc I SPECIFICALLY instructed the installer to NOT install C++ !!! I just noticed that when I did a manual update yesterday that the update installer went ahead and installed C++ ! (???) I do NOT want C++ on my system !!!!!!! How do I get rid of it??? -- Q 07/27/2012 09:24:34 XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278 [Q'sBrokenToolBar] Quentin Correll wrote: > When I installed XE2 UD4 from the original UD4 ISO disc I SPECIFICALLY > instructed the installer to NOT install C++ !!! > > I just noticed that wh...

Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE
What are the correct steps that I need to perform to go from a trial of C++ Builder XE Architect Trial to a purchased copy of C++ Builder Professional XE? I want to make sure that no traces are left from the installation of the trial version. Thanks I phoned support and here is the reply: Run the 'Modify, Repair, Uninstall' link in the Embarcadero start menu. Then choose 'Upgrade' and follow instructions. ...

Virtual Treeview installer for C++Builder 2010?
Hello, i've been using VirtualTreeview in C++ Builder 6, but i just bought C++ Buider 2010 and couldn't manage to install it. Is there (or will be) any Virtual Treeview installer for C++ Builder 2010? Thanks! <Antonio Martinez> wrote in message news:231264@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hello, i've been using VirtualTreeview in C++ Builder 6, but i just bought > C++ Buider 2010 and couldn't manage to install it. > > Is there (or will be) any Virtual Treeview installer for C++ Builder 2010? I have no idea if there will be an installer for 2010, but...

EkRTF in Builder C++ 2010
Do you have experience with using EkRTF component with Builder C++ 2010? I have been using it for long time with Builder 6, but now I'm upgrading the environment and while trying to install the component I got message "Delphi personality not available". I mention that I have only Builder C++, not Delphi - previously I had no problems with installing EkRTF. Could you advice what to do? Best regards, Wojtek ...

Web resources about - C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...