Strange behaviour of IDE while reading XML UTF-8 file under C++ Builder 6.0

Dear C++ Builder users,

Did anyone face this kind of problem?

I've got an XML file with the following header: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
but the text is fully ASCII letters (I asked to change encoding, it is impossible). Also I read that if the text is
ASCII it could be read using old methods: fopen(), fgets() and we can save result to strings or vector of
strings. And it is actually happening seemingly with no errors, but at the midtime strange thing is happening,
such as "Floating point overflow" at the place where I'm changing value returned after ftell() from long int to
float. Ok, I checked value returned after ftell() it does not exceed limits, then I commented these lines and
floating point overflow took place where I was translating string to AnsiString and then using StrToFloat to
float. These lines I can not comment. I worked with many ASCII files and never such problems happened,
that is why I think this problem because of incorrect reading of Unicode text, even if the read data is
seemingly correct.

Is it correct what I'm doing under C++ Builder 6.0? To shift to Embarcadero C++ Builder XE4 is impossible
now due to huge amount of job. The only way to my mind is to create lib file under Embarcadero C++ Builder
which will read or convert encoding of the file and then link it to the project under Borland C++ Builder 6.0.

Are those old methods such as fopen(), fgets() overloaded for usage with UnicodeString text files? If not,
what methods would be correct to use in this case for non-crazy file opening and reading lines?

Please help...

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Bakhtiyar
0
Bakhtiyar

Error while launching C++ Builder 6 IDE [Edit]
Hi, Good Afternoon, I have installed japanese version of C++ builder 6 software in my PC(English version of Windows XP). After complete installation(typical mode), i tried to launch the IDE through the following path. Start->All Programs-> Borland C++Builder 6-> C++ Builder6. While launching the IDE, i am getting the following error. I tried installation in other modes(Custom and Compact) also. I am facing the same problem. *モジュール’coreide60.bpl'のアドレス0053FE88でアドレス00000008に対する読み込み違反が起きました* Can anyone help me in resolving this error? Is there any pre-requisite for in...

Smoke [5.8.8] 29163 FAIL(c) freebsd 6.0-STABLE (i386/6 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.8.8 patch 29163 profane.mongueurs.net: Intel Pentium III Xeon (i386/6 cpu) on freebsd - 6.0-STABLE using cc version 3.4.4 [FreeBSD] 20050518 smoketime 5 hours 9 minutes (average 17 minutes 13 seconds) Summary: FAIL(c) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = make test-prep 29163 Configuration (common) no...

C++ Builder 6 professional IDE Package beta testing and developing.
I have 24 years experience programming in Borland C++. I have very little Delphi or pascal knowledge. If this is not posted properly right forum ...please excuse me I have not reached out for help much since the days of CompuServe and Tapcis. Ok ... Im using C++ Builder 6 professional for an application that uses a Turbo-Power Async Pro api toolkit written in delphi 5.0. It comes with the delphi source files and package files so you can make changes. The toolkit has about 30 files that make up the ent ire package. I'm adding/working on one of those pascal unit files in the tool kit. ...

IDE Linker option "Generate all C++ Builder files"
I'm trying to follow a set of instructions to build Delphi package Virtual Tree View 5 under C++ Builder. The current maintainers of this package are Delphi orientated, and the C++ Builder options need tweaking to build with XE2. Anyway, some instructions from a 3rd party say to open VirtualTreesD.dpk and under Delphi compiler ->Linker to change option "Generate DCUs" to "Generate all C++ Builder files". But unfortunately, I dont have the delphi personality installed, so I cant do this in the IDE. I'm ass uming that changing this option results in one or more op...

Reading .xml file and executing .xsl over .xml in c#?
I must read http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/kurlar/200705/24052007.xml  and execute .xsl below. And store data into datatable   <xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:sapxsl="http://www.sap.com/sapxsl" version="1.0">   <xsl:template match="Tarih_Date">     <asx:abap xmlns:asx="http://www.sap.com/abapxml" version="1.0">       <asx:values>         <XMLDATAUSE>     &nbs...

Strange IDE behaviour
Is there a reason that I can't rename a control in the Properties dialog box? As soon as I move out of the control's ID box, the name is switched back to the IDE's default name (GridView1, Button1, etc.). I can rename it in the source view, and the name sticks. Thanks   (assuming this is the 2005 model of the IDE of which you spoke - this message was moved to the correct forum) Did you press the enter key after assigning the new name/id?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily ...

how do i write and read an xml file form C# code file
how can i writing and reading xml file form C# code  Using XmlDocument is the easiest way...see the online help.Steve Wellens My blog Hi, In .NET 3.5 Microsoft introduced new xml classes for in-memory XML programming. This enables us to modify XML documents efficiently and easily. Please find the online help available at the location: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.linq.aspx...

Template configured with UTF-8 the XML file is UTF-16
I configure the dw template with utf-8 but when the dw generate the XML it do it in utf-16. Someone knows how can i do that I need utf-8 not utf-16. Thanks What version of PB are you using? On 16 Jan 2007 15:00:11 -0700, llumaju wrote: >I configure the dw template with utf-8 but when the dw >generate the XML it do it in utf-16. > >Someone knows how can i do that I need utf-8 not utf-16. > >Thanks PowerBuilder 10.5 build 5079 > What version of PB are you using? > > On 16 Jan 2007 15:00:11 -0700, llumaju wrote: > > >I configure t...

Load XMl file and read xml file
How do I load and read nodes from the xml file in c#.??? ThankYou Sample code: http://www.kirupa.com/net/reading_xml_directly_pg1.htmJack Yang.NET Developer Here is how you read xml file and loop and display nodesXmlDocument xDoc = new XmlDocument();xDoc.Load(xmlPath); foreach(XmlNode node in xDoc.SelectNodes("//nodeName you want to display")){Response.Write("name: " + node.Attributes["name"].InnerText + " value: " + node.Attributes["value"].InnerText);}...

Good IDE RAID controllers for Netware 6.0/6.5
Looking to create a cold "standby" system that could house about 600GB of data for use with rsync tools to effectively create a standby-server if the main Netware server crashes. I've had good luck with Promise's TX2 RAID1 cards in my lab testing, but a RAID5 is what i'm eyeing up for this solution with a 3 or 4 drive IDE array. While Apple's OSX server looks VERY enticing, I'd like to keep the OS on this server purely Netware. ;) Thanks, Mike LSI makes a RAID 5 IDE adapter that works with NetWare -- four IDE ports which support two drives ...

Using Xercesc C++ XML parser library with C++ builder 6
hi i am working on a project built in c++ builder 4 that uses Xercesc C++ XML parser v1.5.1, now i am trying to upgrade that to c++ builder 6. I have few queries related to it. 1. whether we can use the v1.5.1 for the c++ builder 6 2. how to build xercesc library 3. whether using the current version of xercesc library will be cause any issues since the project uses v1.5.1 Thanks. ...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

Power Builder 6.0 & Oracle 8.1.6 Connectivity
Dear Sir, I want to connect Power Builder 6.0 to Oracle 8.1.6 My Application is fully compatible with Oracle 7.3.4 Database migration from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 8.1.6 is over. I just want to connect Power Builder 6.0 to Oracle 8.1.6 Will you please help me out in that. I want what is dbms parameter in pb.ini file. Will you please help me. Amol Manduskar ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp If you are not using any Oracle 8 features, just use the O73 driver. It will work fine with Oracle 816. -- Terry Dykstra...

SOS: Sync with Oracle 8.1.6.1.0 using 8.1.6.1.0 ODBC Driver
Help! If any customer has successfully replicated bi-directionally from ASA7 to Oracle 8i (8.1.6) using the Oracle 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC Driver, we would appreciate any insight you may have concerning the small number of steps involved in implementing replication. I may be contacted directly at (206) 933-4956. Martin Douglas Senior Data Architect e-Commerce Group Food Services of America Please always specify the version and MORE importantly the BUILD number of ASA you are using with each post. If you are having problems with this Oracle driver, some of our customers hav...

Web resources about - Strange behaviour of IDE while reading XML UTF-8 file under C++ Builder 6.0 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Whale surfacing behaviour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whale surfacing behaviour is often unique among marine mammals and marine life in general. Various behaviours such as breaching, porpoising, ...

Herd behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Herd behavior describes how individuals in a group can act together without planned direction. The term pertains to the behavior of animals in ...

Statement of Disaffiliation from the GUU regarding failure to properly address Misogynistic behaviour ...
... of Resistance hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Statement of Disaffiliation from the GUU regarding failure to properly address Misogynistic behaviour ...

Hagfish predatory behaviour and slime defence mechanism - YouTube
Hagfishes (Myxinidae) are a family of jawless marine pre-vertebrates. Those video images taken in New Zealand revealed that hagfishes are able ...

Indian man unlearns bad behaviour to become a better driver
Kader Batcha took driving lessons at the Emirates Driving Company in Abu Dhabi to become a better driver.

Chinese tourists depicted as urinating pandas in PSA to encourage better behaviour abroad
China’s state television broadcaster CCTV has launched a public service announcement to encourage Chinese citizens to be better behaved abroad. ...

ACT government toughens laws on voyeuristic behaviour
The ACT government will this week introduce new legislation designed to improve protections from&nbsp;voyeuristic behaviour through the use of ...

SBS employee Nicholas Hogan given good behaviour bond over social media threat to kill police officer ...
... SBS employee who threatened to kill a police officer hours after the funeral of a murdered NSW police employee was given a 24 month good behaviour ...

Rowan Atkinson divorced in 65 seconds on grounds of his ‘unreasonable behaviour’ - The Courier-Mail Search ...
... to make your morning coffee and toast, the estranged wife of Rowan Atkinson has been granted divorce on the grounds of his ‘unreasonable behaviour.’ ...