problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007

Hi,

A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago.

When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen:

[BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected
[BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected
[BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected

Anybody has any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,

Allen
0
Atul

In article <14040@forums.codegear.com>, Allen Yang <> wrote:

> [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected
> [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected
> [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected
>
> Anybody has any idea how to fix it?

   I'm afraid that there isn't enough information in your post to help
identify your problem. My first suggestion would be to create a new
project that uses the same source code files as the original to rule out
a problem with the project importing process.
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
<Allen Yang> wrote in message news:14040@forums.codegear.com...

> When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was
> told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed.

C++Builder's project migration feature has always been a bit spotty through
the years.  It is always best to just create a new project fresh in the new
IDE and then add your existing source files to it, like David suggested.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007
I am working on project written in C++ Builder 4, it uses TMS Component pack. Now the TMS Component pack has been upgraded so i do not find any compatible version of TMS Component to use with C++ Builder 4. I need to upgrade my code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007. I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible with C++ Builder 2007. Thanks Arshdeep wrote: > I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible > with C++ Builder 2007. Feisible, but do take into account that there have been RTL/VCL changes between BCB4 and CB2007, so y...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

Problem with C++ builder #6
Hi there, I am trying to generate a C++ object out of my NVO. Even though I am able to create a ..cpp and .h I am unable to put them to work. I tried to write a small program in VC+ 5.0 by using these files. I can not even build this project. It is giving a compiler error saying that "fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive" in xxx.cpp file. Did any body tried this. Can any body help with this. Thanks in advance, Srikanth.Y srikanth wrote: > Hi there, > I am trying to generate a C++ object out of my NVO....

C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009
Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I complete software migration? Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional. Thanks, Roberto Hello, Roberto Meneghini wrote: > Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer > while I complete software migration? yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having? -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed: "Exception EPackageRegistrationEx...

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

c++ builder 2007 ATL problem
I converted an activex project from bcb6 to c++ builder 2007 but when I try build the project I get error messages pertaining to the use of macro of ATL in c++ builder 2007. Sample of error code: class ATL_NO_VTABLE TSevenSegXImpl: VCLCONTROL_IMPL(TSevenSegXImpl, SevenSegX, TSevenSeg, ISevenSegX, DIID_ISevenSegXEvents) { Atlwin.h code(From c++ builder 2007) // VCLCONTROL_IMPL // This macro is used to encapsulate the various base classes an ActiveX VCL Control derives from. // #define VCLCONTROL_IMPL(cppClass, CoClass, VclClass, intf, EventID) \ public TVclControlImpl...

Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE
What are the correct steps that I need to perform to go from a trial of C++ Builder XE Architect Trial to a purchased copy of C++ Builder Professional XE? I want to make sure that no traces are left from the installation of the trial version. Thanks I phoned support and here is the reply: Run the 'Modify, Repair, Uninstall' link in the Embarcadero start menu. Then choose 'Upgrade' and follow instructions. ...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

Converting from Borland C++ Builder 6 to XE5
I tested several applications developped under Borland C++ Builder 6 and all "normal" projects using forms and units compiled nicely under XE5 with a small problem that some labels or buttons seem to look slightly different. However, the few console applications I had did not compile at all. I got many "unresolved external ...." in connection with AnsiStrings. I used AnsiStrings also in the projects mentioned first, so I am sure it is a simple include-statement which I am missing in the console applicatio ns and which is different to BCB6. Any hint? Peter wrote: > ...

Problem installing ToolBar2000 under C++ Builder 2007
Hello I am trying to install ToolBar2000 under Builder 2007 but can't get to first base. I am following the help file but when I try to load up tb2k_d11.dproj, like it says, I get this error of "Unable to load project......" Has anyone tried to install this under C Builder 2007 ? regards david ...

Remote debugging problems C++ builder 2007
I am unable to get the remote debugger to work in C++ builder 2007. I have the remote debugger installed and running as a service on the remote machine. Using Run->Attach to Process I can view the running processes on the remote machine and attach to the desired process however I can only view machine code. The event log window shows: Module load: xxx.exe. No debug info ... I can debug the process when running locally with no problems. I have copied the exe and tds files to the same folder on the remote machine. In the project options -> Linker -> Linking I have Ful...

Converting a BCB6 project to C++Builder 2007
Hello! I have a problem with an old BCB6 project. I am trying to convert it to C++Builder 2007. I'm getting a "[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external...." So far I've done two things. 1st → I've directly convert/migrate all of my BCB6 project to C++Builder 2007. 2nd → I've created a new (fresh) project and add my existing sourcefiles to it. (little time consuming... btw) Both action resulted in the same output, the IDE is giving me a "[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external...." Any Idea what going on here? are there any twee that I ...

Web resources about - problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...