NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable

Hello,
Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter.
Build 16.0.4276.44006
*Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1)
(BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About)
Got:
*[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable*
when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock 
(BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?)
*In spite of CASE SOLVED:*
Report #:  98901        Status: Closed
"Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Build #:  16.0.4256.43595
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=98901
and further 
Update 1
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41650
*this ERROR is still coming up and it is NOT resolved.*
The completely NEW software is UNUSABLE.
What one can expect when delving into serious development-
Will every programming step be CRUSH/BUG report?
Dalibor Milenkovic
Turbo Pascal programer since 1994
0
Dalibor
2/22/2012 1:03:52 PM
📁 embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide
📃 2180 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 6 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 7641 Views


Hello Dalibor, you are right my friend.
A have a license of a C++ Builder XE ( XE1 ) and i don't instal components .pas on my pallet component. The .pas file compile normaly in the C++ Builder IDE, but when i try to install a package i get the message "The project can not be loaded because the required personality Delphi.Personality is not available."
I dont have a RAD STUDIO LICENSE ( DELPHI AND C++ BUILDER )
I have ONLY C++ BUILDER XE license ....
This is a shame to Embarcadero !!!!!!!!!!!!
C++ Builder XE Uselesssssssssss
Good luck Dalibor.
PS: Embaracdero what is your filosofy? Add new "features" to your products and not fix the OLD bugs???
I want my money back .......

> {quote:title=Dalibor Milenkovic wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> 
> Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter.
> Build 16.0.4276.44006
> *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1)
> (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About)
> 
> Got:
> *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable*
> 
> when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock 
> (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?)
> 
> *In spite of CASE SOLVED:*
> Report #:  98901   Status: Closed
> "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
> Build #:  16.0.4256.43595
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=98901
> 
> and further 
> Update 1
> http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41650
> 
> *this ERROR is still coming up and it is NOT resolved.*
> 
> The completely NEW software is UNUSABLE.
> What one can expect when delving into serious development-
> Will every programming step be CRUSH/BUG report?
> 
> Dalibor Milenkovic
> Turbo Pascal programer since 1994
0
Utf
2/24/2012 11:01:59 PM
Hello Alexandre,
> A have a license of a C++ Builder XE ( XE1 ) and i don't instal
> components .pas on my pallet component. The .pas file compile normaly
> in the C++ Builder IDE, but when i try to install a package i get the
> message "The project can not be loaded because the required
> personality Delphi.Personality is not available."
You loaded a project that specifically requires Delphi to be installed and 
loaded in the IDE.  In other words, a DElphi project, not a C++ project. 
 If you do not have the Delphi personality available, then you cannot compile 
the project inside the IDE.  C++Buidler does have a command-line Delphi compiler, 
though (and always has).
--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
2/24/2012 11:14:58 PM
> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Hello Alexandre,
> 
> > A have a license of a C++ Builder XE ( XE1 ) and i don't instal
> > components .pas on my pallet component. The .pas file compile normaly
> > in the C++ Builder IDE, but when i try to install a package i get the
> > message "The project can not be loaded because the required
> > personality Delphi.Personality is not available."
> 
> You loaded a project that specifically requires Delphi to be installed and 
> loaded in the IDE.  In other words, a DElphi project, not a C++ project. 
>  If you do not have the Delphi personality available, then you cannot compile 
> the project inside the IDE.  C++Buidler does have a command-line Delphi compiler, 
> though (and always has).
> 
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Same problem with Delphi.personality and *DELPHI XE2* installed with *all* options, SP1.
Delphi XE2 is absolutely useless.
I have seen that this problem was reported in september 2011, we are in march 2012. it's just not acceptable, Embarcadero !!!
0
Marcel
3/25/2012 4:08:42 AM
SOLVED !
The value of the *platform* environment variable is CASE-SENSITIVE (override this value in the Tools menu).
Specify *Win32* and not win32, it was my mistake.
0
Marcel
3/26/2012 5:13:35 AM
> {quote:title=Marcel FONDACCI wrote:}{quote}
> SOLVED !
> 
> The value of the *platform* environment variable is CASE-SENSITIVE (override this value in the Tools menu).
> 
> Specify *Win32* and not win32, it was my mistake.
Supprimer la variable d'environnement Windows "PLATEFORM" et l'erreur disparait
Sky14
0
Christophe
8/27/2012 2:21:23 PM
> {quote:title=Christophe Pelluet wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Marcel FONDACCI wrote:}{quote}
> > SOLVED !
> > 
> > The value of the *platform* environment variable is CASE-SENSITIVE (override this value in the Tools menu).
> > 
> > Specify *Win32* and not win32, it was my mistake.
> 
> Supprimer la variable d'environnement Windows "PLATEFORM" et l'erreur disparait
> Sky14

In my case the registry key BDS/12.0/Disabled IDE Packages/$(BDSBIN)\delphide190.bpl was deleted and the Delphi Ide returns working fine.
The problem raised in the abnormal windows shout down, in that case twice.
0
Wagner
4/19/2014 2:08:49 PM
Reply: