Help not working

My trial installation of XE8 Architect does not work with the F1 help
key and the Rad Studio Help menu item does not open up with anything.
There is help files on the drive that can be started manually.  Is there
something wrong with my installation?

Does the Starter edition not have BDE or DBExpress and they can't be
used with it?

Fraser.
0
Fraser

The help should appear with F1. I have it working on my side. You can try to use the option "-rfoo" as explained here: http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597 to check if the problem disappears with the default configuration of the IDE.

On the other hand BDE and DBExpress are not included in the Starter edition (check the feature matrix in the Embarcadero webpage)
0
Borja
6/16/2015 1:06:36 PM
On 16/06/2015 14:06, Borja Serrano wrote:
> The help should appear with F1. I have it working on my side. You can try to use the option "-rfoo" as explained here: http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597 to check if the problem disappears with the default configuration of the IDE.
>
> On the other hand BDE and DBExpress are not included in the Starter edition (check the feature matrix in the Embarcadero webpage)

It hasn't worked.  I have 64bit Windows8.1.  Should the system variable
CommonProgramFiles be pointing to the Program Files\Common Files
directory?  The x86 version one seems ok.  I can't download the feature
matrix or many other documents from Embarcadero and I've tried different
browsers.

Fraser.
0
Fraser
6/16/2015 3:19:00 PM
On 16/06/2015 16:19, Fraser Ross wrote:
> On 16/06/2015 14:06, Borja Serrano wrote:
>> The help should appear with F1. I have it working on my side. You can try to use the option "-rfoo" as explained here: http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597 to check if the problem disappears with the default configuration of the IDE.
>>
>> On the other hand BDE and DBExpress are not included in the Starter edition (check the feature matrix in the Embarcadero webpage)
>>
> It hasn't worked.  I have 64bit Windows8.1.  Should the system variable
> CommonProgramFiles be pointing to the Program Files\Common Files
> directory?  The x86 version one seems ok.  I can't download the feature
> matrix or many other documents from Embarcadero and I've tried different
> browsers.
>
> Fraser.

I have uninstalled using the delete everything option and reinstalled
and the help system works now.

I am still wondering why the system variable CommonProgramFiles is set
as C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and not C:\Program Files\Common
Files.

Fraser.
0
Fraser
6/17/2015 10:25:06 AM
On 16/06/2015 16:19, Fraser Ross wrote:
> On 16/06/2015 14:06, Borja Serrano wrote:
>> The help should appear with F1. I have it working on my side. You can try to use the option "-rfoo" as explained here: http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597 to check if the problem disappears with the default configuration of the IDE.
>>
>> On the other hand BDE and DBExpress are not included in the Starter edition (check the feature matrix in the Embarcadero webpage)
>>
> It hasn't worked.  I have 64bit Windows8.1.  Should the system variable
> CommonProgramFiles be pointing to the Program Files\Common Files
> directory?  The x86 version one seems ok.  I can't download the feature
> matrix or many other documents from Embarcadero and I've tried different
> browsers.
>
> Fraser.

I have uninstalled using the delete everything option and reinstalled
and the help system works now.

I am still wondering why the system variable CommonProgramFiles is set
as C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and not C:\Program Files\Common
Files.

I seem to download the pdf files ok but Adobe Reader 11 says they are
corrupt.

Fraser.
0
Fraser
6/17/2015 10:29:34 AM
"Fraser Ross" <fraser.ross8ATbtinternet.com@com> wrote in message
> On 16/06/2015 16:19, Fraser Ross wrote:
> I am still wondering why the system variable CommonProgramFiles is set
> as C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and not C:\Program Files\Common
> Files.

That does sound a bit strange.

On my system I see both the following:
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

but neither of those is what you report.
0
david
6/17/2015 12:14:04 PM
> On 16/06/2015 16:19, Fraser Ross wrote:
> I am still wondering why the system variable CommonProgramFiles is set
> as C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and not C:\Program Files\Common
> Files.

Thinking a bit more - how are you viewing the value?

I haven't tried this, but am guessing if its via a 32bit appl, retrieving
the environment variable via something like getenv("CommonProgramFiles"),
what you report may make sense (as a sysWOW64 re-direction of sorts)...
0
david
6/17/2015 12:29:52 PM
I have 3 different variables:

CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files

and

CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files (x86\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files

under the IDE (as it is a 32 bit application)
0
Borja
6/17/2015 12:32:43 PM
On 17/06/2015 13:32, Borja Serrano wrote:
> I have 3 different variables:
>
> CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
> CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
> CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
>
> and
>
> CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files (x86\Common Files
> CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
> CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
>
> under the IDE (as it is a 32 bit application)

I thought that might be the cause.  In the Options of C++ Builder the
list of system variables is misleading since these are the variables
seen by 32 bit applications and there is some differences for 64 bit
applications.

Fraser.
0
Fraser
6/17/2015 2:54:26 PM
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 05:32:43 -0700, Borja Serrano <> wrote:

>I have 3 different variables:
>
>CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
>CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
>CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
>
>and
>
>CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files (x86\Common Files
>CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
>CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
>
>under the IDE (as it is a 32 bit application)

Please note that these paths are *different* between international
versions of Windows! The folder names are localized! (rather stupid in
my view...)

---
Bo Berglund
Sweden & Texas
Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.92/32.572
0
Bo
6/17/2015 3:25:04 PM
On 17/06/2015 13:32, Borja Serrano wrote:
> I have 3 different variables:
>
> CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
> CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
> CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
>
> and
>
> CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files (x86\Common Files
> CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
> CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
>
> under the IDE (as it is a 32 bit application)

I thought that might be the cause.  In the Options of C++ Builder the
list of system variables is misleading since these are the variables
seen by 32 bit applications and there is some differences for 64 bit
applications.

Fraser.
0
Fraser

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test and install a second time. This time I let the server run the update after registering with Novell. However, upon reboot the server was dorked as it could not read my /usr and /var partitions (fstab was bad). Now here is what changed between my first the second build: I added a separate partition for /usr, that is all. I could really use a hand here. If I can't trust the update mechanism ...... Chris. Chris wrote: > Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test > and install a second...

Web resources about - Help not working - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

Kenny Mayne Says Working at ESPN Beats ‘Real Work’
SportsCenter anchor Kenny Mayne has reached a new, multi-year agreement to remain with ESPN. Mayne, who returned to the SportsCenter anchor desk ...

Is Apple working on its own version of Microsoft’s incredible HoloLens project?
... a person's home and then use it to deliver augmented content to the user. It's similar to the incredible HoloLens product Microsoft is working ...

On IDPD, working toward a more accessible and inclusive world
... us to make Google, and the world, more inclusive, we asked four Googlers from our Disability Alliance to share more about what they’re working ...

GE's odd 'What’s the Matter with Owen?' commercials are working like a charm, it says
... the US workforce by 2025," says Denhart. "GE has always done on-site college recruiting. It isn’t that our recruiting measures weren’t working ...

New top cop warns officers they'll face discipline if dash cams not working
Chicago Tribune New top cop warns officers they'll face discipline if dash cams not working Chicago Tribune Interim police Superintendent ...

This guy just built a working miniature Death Star
The latest creation from a German laser hobbyist on YouTube threatens to create a terrible disturbance in the Force.

Verizon creates a working iPhone in ‘Minecraft’
We’ve seen so-called ‘working’ iPhones created in Minecraft before, but they pale in comparison to this one, created by Verizon: it’s a towering, ...

Kris Jenner Reveals Where Rob Kardashian Spent Thanksgiving: 'He's Working On Himself'
Kris Jenner Reveals Where Rob Kardashian Spent Thanksgiving: 'He's Working On Himself'

Amazon Reportedly Working on an Apple TV App
An Apple TV app from Amazon would be particularly interesting because Amazon dropped sales of Apple TV devices in October.