Debugging STL contaners

Hi All,
I'm using C++ Builder XE2.
Does anyone knows how to get / display STL iterator data using the debugger?
It worked fine on C++ Builder 5, though.

Thanks in advance,
Omer.
0
Omer

Omer wrote:

> I'm using C++ Builder XE2.
> Does anyone knows how to get / display STL iterator data using the
> debugger?
> It worked fine on C++ Builder 5, though.

BCB5 uses RogueWave, BCB6 uses STLPort, and later versions use Dinkumware.
 Different STL libraries implement iterators in different ways.  Some use
simple pointers, others use classes with overridden operators, even templated
classes.  More complex iterator implementations are harder for the debugger
to handle.

That being said, XE2 has a feature that allows you to implement custom debug
inspectors/visualizers.  You could implement a custom inspector/visualizer
to display the contents of any STL container your code uses.  The IDE has
an example visualizer for std::string and std:::wstring data, for instance.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

My visual studio IDE ,Is not showing a pop-up window like (With Debugging or without debugging) ?
 Hi,    My Issue is in Visual studio IDE,My VS IDE is not showing the pop-up window like  (With Debugging or without debugging) ,when i am clicking the F5 .Can anybody explain How to set options to show that popup window. THanksBenarji Hi, in the web.config look for the <compilation> element. Set the debug attribute to false: <compilation debug="false"> Now press F5 again. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

IDE stops the debugging
Hi,  When I am debugging, a break point is hit and suddenly IDE stops the debugging; but IE continues to work. I have tried , deleting the website and creating again, setting the user on machine.config, registering ‘diasymreader.dll’ etc. Still I am facing the same issue. Environment  IDE - 7.1.3088 Framework – 1.1.4322 SP1 Language – C#  Thanks in advance. Hamlin Stephen Hi,  I can provide you more information on above post. This happens only to a particular page. This page has a popup window.. The interesting thing is, the line is getting highlighted b...

VS2003 IDE not debugging
I was unable to perform debugging using vs2003, I already set debugging asp.net to true in properties section, but still this won't work. I tried reinstalling vs yesterday it debugging works after.  But this morning the issue was back without any changes made before i shutdown my computer yesterday. I notice that after i press F5 to start my web app, debugging options such as pause or stop does not appear after the project was loaded to the explorer.  This allows me to press F5 again when I switch back to the source code. Can anyone help me with my issue to vs2003, I already...

Debugging STL collections
I have a question about debugging STL collections. If I have an old-fashioned array of ints, I can view the entire array in the watch window. I am wondering if there is any way to do that with an STL collections. Take a look at this code: {code} std::vector<int> myvec; int i; for (i=0; i < 10; i++) { myvec.insert(myvec.end(), i); } int j = myvec[3] ; int myarr[10]; for (i=0; i < 10; i++) { myarr[i] = i; } int k = myvec[3] ; {code} In the debugger Watch window, I can check "Allow side effects and function calls", and I can look at the va...

ide maximizes on debug
Hi, Anyone knowing how to prevent the ide to blow up to full screen when starting a debugging session? I've been looking around in settings but seem not to be able to find it (RAD2007)... tk Hi totte totte karlsson wrote: > Hi, > Anyone knowing how to prevent the ide to blow up to full screen when starting a > debugging session? I've been looking around in settings but seem not to be able > to find it (RAD2007)... If it is any way like CB2009 there is a dropdownbox right to the menu line with two buttons to the right that is for managing the deskto...

debugging Perl with the Eclipse IDE
I'm not sure if this is a Perl problem or an Eclipse problem, but I'm hoping someone here will know the solution. I'm trying to debug Perl under the Eclipse IDE. I recently reconfigured my network, which resulted in changing my local IP from 192.168.1.12 to 192.168.2.12. When I try to run the Perl debugger under Eclipse, I get the following error: Unable to connect to remote host: 192.168.1.12:5000 Compilation failed in require. at /home/ddjones/workspace/Temp/puzzle.pl line 0 main::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/perl5db.pl line 0 eval {...} called at /...

How to remote debug using IDE ?
Hello all i have cpp app that is using the spidermonky engine scripting . the app initialize the spidermonky debug server that i can connect to and debug currently i can do it using old firefox browser and its web tool remote debugger . i like to use moderen IDE for debugger , what options do i have ? is there any plugin for Eclipse / Netbeans / other? Thanks Hi Meir, On 09/30/2015 08:28 AM, Meir Yanovich wrote: > Hello all > i have cpp app that is using the spidermonky engine scripting . > the app initialize the spidermonky debug server that i can connect to and d...

Debugging .SQL files from IDE
Hi, I use SQL server as the backend with Asp.net I have plenty of stored procedures , used in the project. To maintain the database stored procedures , i have created a seperate database project where i have added .SQl files for the stored procedures. The main Asp.net project is maintained as another project. Please explain a method where in i can debug the stored procedures with Asp.net pages. can i keep .SQL files within a Asp.net project which calls/uses them , especially when using Stored procedures? how to set break points in the .SQL file and debug them. I thi...

Protect IDE from the program being debugged
Hi! At least, please catch stack overflows in PBVM (infinite recursion etc.) In PB6 that caused GPFs, and PB8 just dies silently. Bye Oh, you mean like loop detection and stuff. Yes, that would be dandy. What would also be dandy is to not have the debugger automatically populate all the variable lists as it is running. IMHO, that's also where some GPFs come into play, as the debugger tries to display objects that are invalid. Gee, would it be too much to ask the DEBUGGER to trap these things and recover you back to a working IDE? Wouldn't it be nice if it coul...

Javascript Debugging in DotNet IDE ?
suppose i have written few javascript function in a file called test.aspx. i want to debug those function in DotNet IDE.please tell me all the steps that how to debug Javascript in DotNet IDE. Hi, Press F5 .. In VS.NET IDE click on Debug -> Windows -> Running Documents Select the page which contains javascript to be debug from that runnin documents. put the break point... hope it works out.. some better ways are there. i try to get back to you with appropriate steps. Arul ...

IDE Freezes in D2006 while debugging
I've noticed that if you are stepping thru code with F7/F8 and you press one of these keys too quickly in succession, the IDE will lockup. I have to kill it and start over. Is this fixed in 2009? -- Don Gollahon > {quote:title=Don Gollahon wrote:}{quote} > I've noticed that if you are stepping thru code with F7/F8 and you press one of these keys too quickly in succession, the IDE will lockup. I have to kill it and start over. > > Is this fixed in 2009? I can't reproduce it in 2007, so it must be OK in 2009. :-) Ken White wrote: >> {quo...

CB2009 IDE freezes when debugging
I found that if I have local variable window open (as in the default), the IDE would freeze on certain cpp files when debugger breaks at one of the lines. Anyone else encountered the same problem? This is consistently reproducable in my project - same file, whichever line the breakpoint is doesn't change the outcome. Every time the breakpoint is hit, CB2009 hangs. Hello, I remember to have seen this in C++Builder 2006, but I did not yet encounter it in C++Builder 2009. Can you reduce your project to a freely redistributable set of code which reproduces the error? In my experien...

debug not working in vs2008 ide
for some reason setting breakpoints in the codebehind no longer stops for debugging.  It just suddenly started happening for no reason.  Has anyone else experienced this ?  Is there a fix ?   tia Mark. Just to make sure, you are not starting the application without debugging, right?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! im using the debug option (F5)   Ive deleted all the files in the bin folder and the temporary files in the .net folder for the app, but it makes no difference I cant debug anymore !  help.....  HI,Go to Vs 2008 command prompt and...

Debug/Start without debugging works
If I select 'Debug/Start Without Debugging', my program launches and runs just as it should. If I select Debug/Start With Debugging, the system flutters like it should, (running) appears in the title bar, and immediately returns to VS as if it's done running, and (running) now disappears from the title bar. the splash screen never appears, etc. it just shuts down. F10 from the IDE to launch in debug does the same thing (immediate start/stop).F11 from the IDE to launch in debug does the same thing (immediate start/stop).Solution Explorer/Project/Debug/Step Into New Instance does t...

Web resources about - Debugging STL contaners - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 7.1.1 w/ fixes for critical Interface builder, debugging, and UI testing issues
... of the app, making for an improved developer experience. Apple also says the update fixes “critical issues” in the Interface Builder, debugging, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...