C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009

Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer while I
complete software migration?
Both compilers are installed on a Windows Vista Proffesional.

Thanks,

Roberto
0
Roberto

Hello,

Roberto Meneghini wrote:

> Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer
> while I complete software migration?

yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having?

--
Moritz

"Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Moritz
7/14/2009 10:53:31 PM
As soon as I launch the compiler, the following error message is displayed:

"Exception EPackageRegistrationException in module coreide100.bpl at
000DCB21.
Registration procedure, Cppproject.IDERegister in package c:\program
Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\Bin\bcbide100.bpl raised exception class EOleSysErr:
OLE error 80131040, ClassID: {F8FEDD39-E3CE-4B8D-A657-9CA24866881F}

Do you want to attempt to load IDE package the next time BDS2006 is run?"

After clicking on Yes, the following message is displayed:

"Your current C++ Builder Package Output Directory is not part of your
system path. In order to use runtime packages that are built into this
directory, this directory needs to be on your path. However, it appears that
your current system path is too long. Please manually edit your system path
to remove unnecessary items.

Directory to be added: c:\users\it.company\documents\borland Studio
Projects\bpl"

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Roberto

"Moritz Beutel >" <"Moritz Beutel" <> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Roberto Meneghini wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to key both IDEs (2006 & 2009) on the same computer
>> while I complete software migration?
>
> yes, it works fine for me. What particular problem are you having?
>
> --
> Moritz
>
> "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Roberto

C++ Builder 6 Object inspector : C and S keys have stopped working
Hi I've been using C++ builder 6 for about 3 years now, and suddenly the C and S keys have stopped working in the object inspector. e.g. I'm putting a caption of "Options" onto a menu item, and the 's' never appears. If I type it into the IDE and copy the text, it pasted in OK, This is the same whether or not it's in upper or lower case. I noticed this last year on a PC I was using, but that PC blew up, and I had to build another one. Since then it's been ok up until this morning. Just noticed, it seems to be only in the current project I'm work...

C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine
Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same machine? Can they coexist? Hi Richard Richard Weber wrote: > Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and C++Builder XE2 in the same > machine? Can they coexist? I don't know about those two, but it is normally not a problem to have different version of C++ Builder on the same machine. It is how ever recommended that they be installed in the order they were released. Best regards Asger-P Richard Weber <> wrote: >Is it possible to install C++Builder 2010 and >C++Builde...

Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007
I am working on project written in C++ Builder 4, it uses TMS Component pack. Now the TMS Component pack has been upgraded so i do not find any compatible version of TMS Component to use with C++ Builder 4. I need to upgrade my code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007. I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible with C++ Builder 2007. Thanks Arshdeep wrote: > I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible > with C++ Builder 2007. Feisible, but do take into account that there have been RTL/VCL changes between BCB4 and CB2007, so y...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

C++ Builder 2009, Force C++ compile Option
Hello, I've got a problem when i changed the compile option, "Force C++ Compile" to true. I have a header file and an implementation file. My header file: #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" #endif void showMsg(); #ifdef __cplusplus } #endif When i try to run, the compiler show an error "[BCC32 Error] File2.h(8): E2190 Unexpected }". There is no such error when i keep the option to "False". The file extension of my header file is *.c not *.cpp Hello, dara kok wrote: > My header file: > > #ifdef __cplusplus >...

Going from C++ Builder 2006 to 2009
A couple questions: 1. When I had BCB 2006, I could do the following code just fine: Currency SomeAmount = 19.95; AnsiString str = AnsiString(SomeAmount); Now I have C++Builder 2009 and it's giving me a "Cannot cast from Currency to AnsiString" error. Why is it different than before, and what can I do about it? ----- 2. Similar to the above, the default type for ->Text, ->TableName, ->Caption, et al is now UnicodeString instead of AnsiString. So code like the following doesn't compile... if (Table1->TableName.AnsiCompareIC("Customer") ...

Some funnies in the C++Builder 2009 ide
Using Data Explorer to examine MySQL database :- List of tables shows OK, each column in each table is repeated 3 times Same is true in Alter Table mode Using Code Completion :- Sometimes the list of members displayed after '->' is truncated to a small subset of the actual members Using Vista 64bit + SP1 Any ideas? Regards Richard In article <15189@forums.codegear.com>, Richard <richard.rotheroe@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Using Code Completion :- > Sometimes the list of members displayed after '->' is truncated to a small > ...

C++Builder XE stopped working
After the startup screen a memory error is displayed 'Read Error at Memory 000000 in RTL150.bpi. The file rtl150.bpi seems to have disappeared from my computer. I have tired repairing and installing all updates with no effect. Does anybody know how to fix this without reinstalling? regards Richard ...

Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE
What are the correct steps that I need to perform to go from a trial of C++ Builder XE Architect Trial to a purchased copy of C++ Builder Professional XE? I want to make sure that no traces are left from the installation of the trial version. Thanks I phoned support and here is the reply: Run the 'Modify, Repair, Uninstall' link in the Embarcadero start menu. Then choose 'Upgrade' and follow instructions. ...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

C++Builder 2010 and Turbo C++ on the same machine
Hi, I have Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer installed on my PC. A few days ago I decided to try C++Builder 2010 and installed the trial version. It appears to work fine, but instead Turbo C++ does not work any longer: when I try to run it, splash screen is displayed and then four message boxes with errors come up consecutively (three about access violation and one about EPackageRegistrationException). Then Turbo C++ just terminates. Can anyone help me with this? Is there something I didn't do (or I did but shouldn't have), or these two products simply can't both be installed on the sa...

Web resources about - C++Builder 2006 stopped working after C++Builder 2009 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...