c++ builder error, and list of error/warnings

Hi;
I get an e2031 within the following function:
mapped_file_sink::mapped_file_sink(const mapped_file_sink& other)
    : mapped_file(static_cast<const // line producing the
eror.mapped_file&>(other))
    { }
Aditionally is thee a list of errors/warnings in the rad studio 2007 help?
Cheers
Sean.
0
Sean

Sean Farrow wrote:

>I get an e2031 within the following function:

Always post the exact error message.
The generic message is:
Cannot cast from 'type1' to 'type2' (E2031)

>mapped_file_sink::mapped_file_sink(const mapped_file_sink& other)
>    : mapped_file(static_cast<const // line producing the
>eror.mapped_file&>(other)) { }

You are constructing an object with a reference to an existing object.
In there, you are attempting to construct a sub-member object using the entire existing
object. That doesn't make sense to me.
I would think:
  mfs::mfs(const mfs& other): mapped_file(other.mapped_file) { }

>Aditionally is thee a list of errors/warnings in the rad studio 2007 help?

Click on the error message and press F1.
Also, you can use the search feature of the help.
And, at least in 2006 help, there is
"List Of All C++ Compiler Errors And Warnings"

Bob

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

errors errors errors..

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

C++ Builder
I am trying to port an old code written in older version of C++ builder in to RAD 2009. While building the application I am getting “Too many error or warning messages” and I am unable to proceed. As a workaround I can disable all warnings in the project settings and get the application build successfully. But is there any way to get this done without disabling all the warnings? Please help. Thanks. Ajay Phaltankar wrote: > I am trying to port an old code written in older version of C++ builder in to RAD 2009. While building the application I am getting “Too many error or warning mess...

error 13: where is a list for these errors?
A select against a table returns error 13. Where can I find a listing of these errors? The application that generates the error is running against Sybase ASE 11.5 using ODBC Sybase driver. This error is only occuring on one Sybase database: the same application runs without errors on another idnetical Sybase database. Thanks! Jeffrey Mergler Quality Systems International 201.848.8113 mailto: jeffreymergler@qsius.com Jeffrey Mergler wrote: > > A select against a table returns error 13. Where can I find a listing of > these errors?...

Error while launching C++ Builder 6 IDE [Edit]
Hi, Good Afternoon, I have installed japanese version of C++ builder 6 software in my PC(English version of Windows XP). After complete installation(typical mode), i tried to launch the IDE through the following path. Start->All Programs-> Borland C++Builder 6-> C++ Builder6. While launching the IDE, i am getting the following error. I tried installation in other modes(Custom and Compact) also. I am facing the same problem. *モジュール’coreide60.bpl'のアドレス0053FE88でアドレス00000008に対する読み込み違反が起きました* Can anyone help me in resolving this error? Is there any pre-requisite for in...

named.nlm startup error
Has anyone else seen the following on named.nlm startup? error: errno2result.c:121: unexpected error: error: unable to convert errno to isc_result: 16: Resource(s) in use I have found nothing in the TIDs or on this forum. Thanks. ...

named.nlm startup error
Has anyone else seen the following on named.nlm startup? error: errno2result.c:121: unexpected error: error: unable to convert errno to isc_result: 16: Resource(s) in use I have found nothing in the TIDs or on this forum. Thanks. Try these threads: http://groups.google.com/group/novell.support.netware.dns- dhcp/browse_thread/thread/a6a677d6fb803573/f6936bdb22501ef6? lnk=st&q=unable+to+convert+errno+to+isc_result%3A+16%3A+Resource(s) +in+use&rnum=1&hl=en#f6936bdb22501ef6 or http://groups.google.com/group/novell.support.netware.dns- dhcp/browse_thread/threa...

CIFs Error: Storage Error Unknown error with error code: -602
Server was an Identity Migration target (source single server tree nw6sp5/edir8737/gw8hp1 to oes2sp1x64+latest patches), but I have been having problems with getting cifs to work since the migration. Whenever I go into iManager, file protocols, cifs & try to make any change other than stopping/starting the service I get the error in the subject (even to change something simple like the comment). Other oddities I noticed since the actual IM swap that somehow might have something to do with this: users arent LUM enabled or so it seems the afpProxyUser- & cifsProxyUser- both...

Web resources about - c++ builder error, and list of error/warnings - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide