C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD Studio - What is the difference?

I noticed I have C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD studio in my start menu folder (2009).  What is the difference between these applications and which one should I run???
0
Ashley

<Ashley Duncan> wrote in message news:238315@forums.embarcadero.com...
> I noticed I have C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD studio in my
> start menu folder (2009).  What is the difference between
> these applications and which one should I run???

The C++Builder and Delphi shortcuts start up the IDE with only those
individual personalities loaded, respectively.

The RAD Studio shortcut starts the IDE with all installed personalities
loaded.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
<Ashley Duncan> wrote in message news:238330@forums.embarcadero.com...
> OK, so what is a personality exactly...  I see it has items like new
> Delphi Project and/or New C++ Project.  What other sorts of features are
> part of the "personality".

A "personality" is essentially a compiler and the options and settings
required to support a particular language.  Other than language-specific
options and settings (and perhaps refactorings), I think most everything
else is either common or shared between all personalities.

- Dennis
0
Dennis

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

Delphi/C++ Builder/Rad Studio surverys: who receives them?
It looks new surveys are around, but it's very unclear how people are selected to receive the link. Marco Cantù posted a working one but it is for RAD Studio (which we no longer buy, only Delphi now), while there should be Delphi and C++ Builder specific surveys too. I did not find any reference on Embarcardero web site. This way it looks just another bad PR move by Embarcadero. I understand that invitation-only surveys tied to edn accounts (and product buys history) could be better than those open to everybody - but sincerely as a long time customer of Enterprise SKUs (latest i...

RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder Roadmap
Hi. In case you missed it (didn`t see it posted here): http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/43677 --- snip --- Features and Technologies Expected in 2014 * A new release of the C++ compiler for Win32, with full support for the C++ 11 language specification * --- snap --- So there is still hope! :) Best Regards Eike Petersen ----------------------------------------------------------- Lycares IT, Eike Petersen Web: www.lycares.de Eike wrote: > * A new release of the C++ compiler for Win32, with full support for > the C++ 11 language specification * Howeve...

ANN: Dialog Workshop for Delphi/C++Builder for RAD Studio 2009!
New version is available for RAD Studio 2009! Please visit http://www.componentage.com for details. Additional information about the product: Create your own custom common dialogs without writing a line of code. You can dock your Delphi form to bottom, top, left and/or right of the dialog box and add your own controls in the standard common dialog. Now supported: - Open/Save, - OpenDialog with recent files (MRU) list similar to VB6 Open dialog, - Lightwight Open/Save, - BrowseForFolder, - Print, - Color, - PageSetup; - Font; - Find; - Replace; - Abou...

RAD Studio package vs separate Delphi/C++Builder ones
In Abbrevia right now I have separate packages for Delphi and C++Builder. The Delphi one is a .dpk/.dproj and the C++Builder one is a ..cpp/.cbproj. From testing it appears both can't be installed at the same time, and they don't work with the opposite personality. Is there a way to create a single "RAD Studio" package that would work for both personalities, and if so, would it work if you only had one or the other installed? -- Craig Peterson Scooter Software Hello, Craig Peterson wrote: > Is there a way to create a single "RAD Studio&quo...

C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/. Our first preview covers just a few of the many new IDE features and enhancements in C++Builder and Delphi 2010. Additional preview videos and blog links will be published regularly up to the release date of the 2010 versions. Please stop by to see what's coming in C++Builder 2010. Thanks, Tim Tim DelChiaro wrote: > The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/. > > Our first preview covers just a few of the...

Limited Time Special on Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2
<rant> They did it again. Because I am a long time Delphi user and a maintenance customer I can't use this promotion. (http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41785) All I get is: •Die übermittelte Seriennummer (XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX) wurde nicht im vorgesehenen Angebotszeitraum registriert I hate this! I want the free goodies too! </rant> Not that I really need this software, but if I pay my annual fee, I dont want to be a second class citizen. These promotions make me wonder if a maintenance plan is the best choice. OK, don't take this to serious...

Help Update 2 for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2
Didn't notice any announcement yet, but seems to be available from: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28638 ...

RAD Studio/Delphi/C++Builder XE5 links & resources [Edit]
*NOTE* : On the bottom of this post I included *additional* links/resources updates for easy *jumps/anchors* in the current thread) Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE5 with True Native Android and iOS Support http://www.embarcadero.com/press-releases/embarcadero-launches-rad-studio-xe5-with-android-and-ios-support What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE5 - Android, REST Library & more... http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/What%27s_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE5 http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Category:XE5 http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADSt...

Re: C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
<Eric Hufschmid> wrote in message news:145900@forums.codegear.com... > Have any of you people noticed that we have been lied to about the 9/11 > attack, and other crimes? Do you realize that there really is a large > crime gang operating in the world and fooling people into assisting with > their crimes? Take a look at the collapse of Building 7, of the World > Trade Center, if you don't know what I'm talking about. Watch the video, > "9/11, A Closer Look" at HugeQuestions.com. It's worse than that - check out www.drjudywood.com to se...

InfoPower FM for RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder XE5 -but how to "register"?
Just saw on downloads the notice for this Information shows "Available free to registered users of Delphi XE5, C++Builder XE5, RAD Studio XE5 (except Starter editions), and Embarcadero All-Access who purchase by December 31, 2013. Must register and redeem free item by January 14, 2014." I have installed it, (no program..menu), and it seems to work, but there is no information on 'how to register'. Did I miss something. (I will email woll2woll) - just wondering. TIA Rudy Poseika wrote: > Just saw on downloads the notice for this > > Information ...

Moved: 9/11 discussion was: C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
From: Mark Jacobs <mark@jacobsm.com> Subject: Re: C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview Message-ID: <151898@forums.codegear.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:21:59 -0700 https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=150212 -- David Dean (Embarcadero) Lead C++ QA Engineer ...

Web resources about - C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD Studio - What is the difference? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

The West should let the Middle East settle its own differences
The bitter truth is there is no plausible way we can defeat jihadists with military force.

What exactly is a tomato? The difference between fruit and veg
If it's sweet it's a fruit and if it's savoury it's a vegetable, right?

6 Ways To Tell The Difference Between A Terrorist And A Refugee
If you are sitting at the table for five minutes and you can't spot the difference between the refugee and the terrorist, you are the terrorist. ...

Can the US and China transcend their differences?
Why Washington should embrace Beijing’s “new type of major-power relationship”

"There’s been a lot of poorly thought-out stuff written about the differences between men’s and women’s ...
... But if you can get past all of this pseudoscience, there’s some legitimately illuminating, serious medical research on sex-based brain differences ...

Mark Zuckerberg explains that the key difference between Facebook and Alphabet is that it 'can't fail' ...
In a long and wide ranging interview with Fast Company , Mark Zuckerberg has taken a swing at Alphabet, the parent company of Google, for its ...

Anonymous just might make all the difference in attacking ISIS
In the wake of the horrific attacks in Paris, military operations against ISIS terrorist strongholds have increased. When someone hits you, it’s ...