C++ Builder 6.0 compiler fatal error [Edit]

Good time of day or night to all!

I'm sorry for raising this old stuff, but I have no time to get shifted to XE4 Builder. Please help me advanced programmers...

All the time developing my program I used to compile it in such a way that IDE was not producing stand alone exe file, so it was using those dynamic RTLs and so on. Quite recently I wanted to make stand alone exe, but failed with the following error messages:

[C++ Warning]	utilcls.h(1149)	W8027 Functions containing do are not expanded inline	_ASSERTE(vt!= VT_UNKNOWN);
[C++ Fatal Error]	UFP.h(354)	F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe49bff with base 0xe10000	}; //end of the Form declaration: class TForm1 : public Tform
[C++ Fatal Error]	Grids.hpp(470)	F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe6584a with base 0xe10000	__property TGetEditEvent OnGetEditMask = {read=FOnGetEditMask, write=FOnGetEditMask};
[C++ Fatal Error]	UAMO.h(25)	F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe828ec with base 0xe10000	vector<string> u13_par_list;
[C++ Fatal Error]	UFP.cpp(1951)	F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe82048 with base 0xe10000	par_str="";
[C++ Fatal Error]	UFP.cpp(2631)	F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe82048 with base 0xe10000	sym_num=sym_container.GetSymbolNumber("SYM1");

For the sake of convenience I made it column wise.

Column1:

[1] - [C++ Warning]
[2] - [C++ Fatal Error]
[3] - [C++ Fatal Error]
[4] - [C++ Fatal Error]
[5] - [C++ Fatal Error]
[6] - [C++ Fatal Error]

Column 2:

[1] - utilcls.h(1149)
[2] - UFP.h(354)
[3] - Grids.hpp(470)
[4] - UAMO.h(25)
[5] - UFP.cpp(1951)
[6] - UFP.cpp(2631)

Column 3:

[1] - W8027 Functions containing do are not expanded inline
[2] - F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe49bff with base 0xe10000
[3] - F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe6584a with base 0xe10000
[4] - F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe828ec with base 0xe10000
[5] - F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe82048 with base 0xe10000
[6] - F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe82048 with base 0xe10000

Column 4 (added by me, source line reference):

[1] - _ASSERTE(vt!= VT_UNKNOWN);
[2] - }; //end of the Form declaration: class TForm1 : public Tform
[3] - __property TGetEditEvent OnGetEditMask = {read=FOnGetEditMask, write=FOnGetEditMask};
[4] - vector<string> u13_par_list;
[5] - par_str="";
[6] - sym_num=sym_container.GetSymbolNumber("SYM1");

the rightmost column contains lines of code referred to the error.

Probably warning does not have anything to do with this firegoing, but I included it if any.

UFP, UAMO are the unit files concerned to Forms. Well, if all lines except the last line are not easy to understand, I started from the last line and it does not contain anything that might be interpreted as a possible source of error - symbol container contains vector of strings (registered symbol names), as it gets the symbol name it finds it inside the vector and returns its subscript or -1 otherwise. As for the 4-th and 5-th lines they are so straightforward, that I have just no idea at all! :)

Thank you in advance for any help!

Regards,
Bakhtiyar

Edited by: Bakhtiyar Tokpayev on May 22, 2014 8:55 PM

Edited by: Bakhtiyar Tokpayev on May 22, 2014 8:57 PM

Edited by: Bakhtiyar Tokpayev on May 22, 2014 9:01 PM

Edited by: Bakhtiyar Tokpayev on May 22, 2014 9:03 PM
0
Bakhtiyar

Bakhtiyar Tokpayev wrote:

> F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xe49bff with base 0xe10000

ICE designates bug in compiler, so there are no reasonable explanation
why the same code compiles or does not compile in different
configurations.

Some shamanic workarounds you can find googling for "F1004 Internal
compiler error", for example:

http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=40:1598

Also you can try splitting big units into smaller files (which compiler
can "swallow" easier).

--
Alex
0

It is better to allocate time to get shifted to XE4 for all anyone knows.

Regards,
Bakhtiyar
0
Bakhtiyar
5/26/2014 4:54:55 AM
Bakhtiyar Tokpayev wrote:

> It is better to allocate time to get shifted to XE4 for all anyone
> knows.

The only problem is (mostly) the same bcc32 in even recent versions...

--
Alex
0
On Sun, 25 May 2014 23:04:57 -0700, Alex Belo <b.a.v@inbox.ru> wrote:

>The only problem is (mostly) the same bcc32 in even recent versions...

given the "speed" of newer bcc64 I often think it is actually a good thing that bcc32 is still basically the same old borland cpp compiler.
at least it is fast

--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan
0

Error while launching C++ Builder 6 IDE [Edit]
Hi, Good Afternoon, I have installed japanese version of C++ builder 6 software in my PC(English version of Windows XP). After complete installation(typical mode), i tried to launch the IDE through the following path. Start->All Programs-> Borland C++Builder 6-> C++ Builder6. While launching the IDE, i am getting the following error. I tried installation in other modes(Custom and Compact) also. I am facing the same problem. *モジュール’coreide60.bpl'のアドレス0053FE88でアドレス00000008に対する読み込み違反が起きました* Can anyone help me in resolving this error? Is there any pre-requisite for in...

CB2009
I re-built some of my FastReport 4.7 projects ( To make them debuggable ). I then re-build my packages and main executable. I get the following Link Error when building my main executable now. c:\rs\6.0\Bin\CodeGear.Cpp.Targets(2089,3): error : Fatal: Error detected (ILI3206) c:\rs\6.0\Bin\CodeGear.Cpp.Targets(2089,3): error : Fatal: Access violation. Link terminated. 46 Warning(s) 2 Error(s) Time Elapsed 00:01:14.46 Does anyone have any ideas what this means or how to fix it? Larry Hello Larry, Almost certainly bad debug information. W...

Strange behaviour of IDE while reading XML UTF-8 file under C++ Builder 6.0
Dear C++ Builder users, Did anyone face this kind of problem? I've got an XML file with the following header: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> but the text is fully ASCII letters (I asked to change encoding, it is impossible). Also I read that if the text is ASCII it could be read using old methods: fopen(), fgets() and we can save result to strings or vector of strings. And it is actually happening seemingly with no errors, but at the midtime strange thing is happening, such as "Floating point overflow" at the place where I'm changin...

compile error in CT_PUBLIC.H on C++ Builder 5 not in Builder 4
Hi anyone I'm getting 'improper use of typedef CS_COMMAND' when trying to compile CT_LIB stuff. extern CS_RETCODE CS_PUBLIC ct_dynsqlda PROTOTYPE(( CS_COMMAND *cmd, CS_INT type, SQLDA *dap, CS_INT operation )); It worked with Borland/inprise C++ builder 4, but not with 5? Has anyone solved problem? thanks Felix ...

Indy 10.6 compiler error with Free Pascal 2.6.0
In IdMessageClient.pas, the FPC compiler shows three errors where Free is called on interface types (IIdTextEncoding): IdMessageClient.pas(717,23) Error: identifier idents no member "Free" IdMessageClient.pas(762,27) Error: identifier idents no member "Free" IdMessageClient.pas(780,29) Error: identifier idents no member "Free" I uncommented the calls to LAnsiEncoding.Free; as a quick fix (but did not test for potential side effects or memory leaks). After this fix the compiler found an error in line 749: CheckByteEncoding(VBytes, Charset...

Mingw32 and 5.6.0 compilation failures in toke.c and perly.c
I'm trying to compile Perl 5.6.0 for Win32 using the Mingw32 toolkit. In the past (5.005_03) I've had nice success with this method, but not today. Specifically when compiling perly.c (and also toke.c) I get the following messages: C:\mingw32\clintp\perl-5.6.0\win32>dmake gcc -c -I..\lib\CORE -I.\include -I. -I.. -DWIN32 -DPERLDLL -DPERL_CORE -g -O2 -DPERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB -o.\mini\perly.o ..\perly.c perly.c: In function `Perl_yyparse': perly.c:1395: incompatible types in assignment perly.c:1396: incompatible types in assignment perly.c:1466: incompatible types in...

Mingw32 and 5.6.0 compilation failures in toke.c and perly.c #2
> I'm trying to compile Perl 5.6.0 for Win32 using the Mingw32 toolkit. In > the past (5.005_03) I've had nice success with this method, but not today. Huh, that's odd. Everything built just fine on my w2k box. Are you running w2k? or NT? Are you using gcc-2.95.2? > C:\mingw32\clintp\perl-5.6.0\win32>dmake Are you certain you set up your config.mk file in ../startup correctly? What about your macros.mk in ../startup/win32/gcc-2.95.2? (NOTE: I'm not certain whether dmake actually pulls against this file.) /acy" ...

10.0.6 & 10.0.7 updates will not properly install in C++ Builder 2009
Okay, it looks like there is a problem with C++ Builder 2009 IntraWeb updates. I ran my Delphi 2009 (we bought both) and the updates definately installed there (log on standalone server shows IntraWeb version 10.0.7.. source code shows 10.0.7 being used). Everyone who has C++ Builder 2009 and has installed the new updates I need you to look at your standalone server log or your Source code on your intraweb browser, I'm betting you will see 10.0.0 instead of 10.0.7. Is there anyone at Embarcadero who can test to see if this is true? Have the updates been fully tested to make sure t...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

We compiled an pbl file originally done in ver 6.0 , now I am doing it under ver 7.0 and I get this error SQLSTATE=37000
Compiled a Power Builder pbl file originally done in ver 6.0 , now I do it under ver 7.0 I get this error SQLSTATE=37000 . This also a upgrade of the ODBC drivers from Microsoft to version 3.51 - need suggestions to what it could be. Thanks, Rick Havinga Error after recompiling with new ODBC drivers SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Reserved error (|); there is no message for this error. No changes made to database. INSERT INTO transactions ( vin, transactionno, transactiondate, transactionissuer, transactionpurpose, transactionotherpurpose, tra...

We compiled an pbl file originally done in ver 6.0 , now I am doing it under ver 7.0 and I get this error SQLSTATE=37000
Compiled a Power Builder pbl file originally done in ver 6.0 , now I do it under ver 7.0 I get this error SQLSTATE=37000 . This also a upgrade of the ODBC drivers from Microsoft to version 3.51 Access 2000 drivers - need suggestions to what it could be. Thanks, Rick Havinga Error after recompiling with new ODBC drivers SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Reserved error (|); there is no message for this error. No changes made to database. INSERT INTO transactions ( vin, transactionno, transactiondate, transactionissuer, transactionpurpose, transac...

C++ 11 on Builder 6 [Edit]
I am looking for to use some libraries (JSON and WebSoCkets) to run on C++ Builder 6, and most of them use C++ 11. Does someone know if is possible to make Builder 6 work for C++ 11? Edited by: Eliseu Martins Gomes on Mar 7, 2014 11:40 AM Eliseu wrote: > Does someone know if is possible to make Builder 6 work for C++ 11? No, it is not possible. C++Builder 6 was released a decade before C++11 was released. C++11 is only implemented in the Win64 compiler of C++Builder XE2 and later, to a lesser extent in the iOS compiler of C++Builder XE5, and a FEW select features of C...

XE3 C++builder error during compiling
Hi, I have this error during compilation of a large project. --- XE3 Upd 2, W7sp1 [bcc64 Error] Server.cpp(1): ICE: Internal compiler error: C0000005 @ 6111744D AQtime pops up. Do somebody have tips how to deal with this type of issues ? IDE seems stable and allows to compile again etc. If I insert wrong statement it reports error and do not crash. If I disable this file, the compilation continues without problems. 32 bit compiler has no problems either. -- Thanks > [bcc64 Error] Server.cpp(1): ICE: Internal compiler error: C0000005 @ 6111744D > AQtime pops up. > Yes...

Web resources about - C++ Builder 6.0 compiler fatal error [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.ide

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...

IntelliJ Releases IDEA 12, Brings Improved UI, New Compiler Mode, Android UI Designer, And More
I'm not going to pretend to be a developer here, and I'll openly admit that the bulk of what IDEA 12 does is over my head. However, I do understand ...