TMS Asyn32 in a console application

I want to use the TVaComm component in a XE7 console application, but if I include VaComm into my uses clause I get a compiler error, as VaComm uses VCL units (Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs).

program Project1;
{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}
{$R *.res}

uses
  System.SysUtils, VaComm;

var
  MyComm: TVaComm;

Is there a solution to use TVaComm in a console application?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jürgen
0
Juergen
1/27/2015 1:01:01 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.tools 1275 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Console Application to Forms Application
Howdy I know this sounds old, but I have a C++ builder application that runs very nicely as a console application, based on old C code that I ported to C++. This queries the RS232 port using a third party tool (Async32 by TMSSoftware). As it runs fine as a console app, is there a way to add a form or convert this project to a form based application? I could obviously change the console printf statements, etc., but I'd like to just get it to compile and run as a form based app. Thanks Doug try out the components managing RS232 Comports there http://www.deepsoftware.com &g...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

expiring web applications cache from a console application
is it possible ?   I want to do something like below from my windows console, but not sure its possible....... the below code expires object caching in my web app    'Lets Remove the Item From Cache, since its expired. HttpContext.Current.Cache.Remove("select_Extras" & CStr(userID))   much appreciated!, mike123 The easiest way is to make a web service (within your web site or web application. Not a separate web site/web application containing a web service) that does the operation you want. Then make a console application, add a web ...

question abt console application and web application
 i am writing a web page which allow user to control the device through internet. User can control the on/off of device through internet..server side will receive this signals and pass these signals to its serial port(server side).. Since i have no idea about this ...I have just written sending signal to serial port using console application... i just wonder can i store the status that user have chosen in database and retreive later..? Could anyone suggest solutions to me how to connect the console application with the web applications? Thanks!!! Check out this blog post:How do y...

about certificates store, console application and web application
Hi, i am trying with System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Store. When i run this code on console application, i get Count:2 and Capacity:4 from my personal store. I can use store instance to get a reference to my personal certificate (then, i use this to sign data). The problem appear when i use the same code from web application. The same code get Count.0 and Capacity:0 from store.  This is the code that i use:   <code>X509Store store = new X509Store(StoreName.My,StoreLocation.CurrentUser);store.Open(OpenFlags.ReadOnly);</code> Its possib...

ASP.net application activating a console application
I have a ASP.net application on a user's PC that needs to activate a .net console exe program on a Cron server whenever the user clicks on "Submit" on the asp.net application.I was wondering what function of the .net framework can i use to enable this to work? System.Diagnostics.ProcessKay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Thanks for the help.The frontend application is situated on the user's PC and the backend console application is situated at the backend.Do you know how to do the calling of the exe ...

HttpWebRequest
 Hello,I don't understand why this code works on a console application, but not in a Web Application (in particular a ASP NET MVC application)...(the URL returns a JSON file).. I have a WebException Exception (Error 400 : bad request) string url = "http://nvmodules.netvibes.com/widget/json";HttpWebRequest myRequest = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);myRequest.Proxy.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;using (HttpWebResponse myHttpWebResponse = (HttpWebResponse)myRequest.GetResponse()){</p><p>StreamReader r = new StreamReader(myHttpWebRe...

how to call a console application from web application with parameter passing over
I am able to to call a console application from the web application using c#. But it only works for a simple console application. What I am trying to do is to use the console application accessing database, it does not work below is the code to call a console application within a web application in c# string file = Server.MapPath(@"consoleapplication1.exe"); ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo(file); info.RedirectStandardOutput = true; info.UseShellExecute = false; Process p = Process.Start(info); p.Start(); Response.Write(p.StandardOutput.R...

Use Exception Management Application Block in console application
Hello List, How can I config my .NET console application to use Exception ManagementApplication Block? I know how to use it by adding entry into web.config file for web application.What about console application? Thanks in Advance, Peter ...

VB.Net
Hi guys, hoping that you may be able to help me on this one. Is there anyway I can run a Console Application, from a button click (or similar) within my windows application. I am using VB.Net in Visual Studio 2005. Any help would be great. ThanksPhil This is an ASP.NET forum. For better responses refer to the winforms forum at MSDN http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1What you can do is launch a process that targets the executable file for the console application.  Hey, thanks for getting back to me - I am going to try calling in a batch file to run the con...

Vb.Net Console Application vs. Windows Application
What is the difference between creating a Console Application in Vb.Net and a Windows Application in VB.Net? one runs on the command line and the other in a windows interface. so what's the real question?RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

CONSOLE APPLICATION

what is Console application
can we use console.writeline() in asp.net web applications ? iam trying to validate a xml docuement & all the posts that are related to this are using console statments ? when do we use them & why ? Giri giridhara:can we use console.writeline() in asp.net web applications ? No. giridhara: when do we use them & why ? When you are writing a Windows application, not a web application. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Hi,You can use the S...

Web resources about - TMS Asyn32 in a console application - embarcadero.cppbuilder.tools

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...