Error installing GLScene in XE7 (question)

I have Delphi XE7 and I am using Windows 8 in a 64 bits Dell computer with a processor X64

I am trying to install GLscene using the instructions in file:///C:/GLscene/_Installation/Installation.htm

One year ago I succeeded but returned to use Delphi2010. Now I am starting again to use XE7.I am thinking about buying XE8 if I succeed but in case I do not succeed maybe I will have to forget even XE7 and go back to Delphi 2010 where GLscene works well

I downloaded GLscene version SVN update 6665 and tried to be carefull in seeting the library path
After many trials I always get the error message

[dcc32 Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'DesignID' not found

I checked some posts about the same error but did not succeed. In Embarcadero forum I could not find anything about GLscene .
I did a search to find in which directory DesignIDE file is and I found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\lib\win32\debug . I included also this in the library path but I get always the same merror message

Can you help me indicating where the error is ?
0
Sergio
5/25/2015 11:08:46 AM
embarcadero.algorithms 211 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sergio Costa wrote:

> I did a search to find in which directory DesignIDE file is and I
> found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\lib\win32\debug.
> I included also this in the library path but I get always the same
> error message

1) You should not point to lib\win32\debug. The correct one is lib\win32\release

2) Check the stuff under 'Environmental Variables' in Tools | Options.

There should be an item called 'BDSBIN' with a value 'C:\Program Files
(x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\bin' (without the quotes, of course).

If this is missing, try adding it there --but, it may not be enough as it would
be an indication of an installation blunder on the part of Delphi. You may have
to reinstall the whole thing (Delphi) again.
0
Adem
5/25/2015 5:32:55 PM
Dear Adem
Thank you very much

The problem was solved with the

1) You should not point to lib\win32\debug. The correct one is lib\win32\release

The variable 'BDSBIN'was OK

Regards
0
Sergio

Installation boot error question
I receive the following when booting the gnome live 11.1 CD. Data Prog 34 9ef1b 4 5 9b2a.65 35 9ef2a 4 6 9ebe0.a 36 9ef39 4 7 3.1 37 9ef48 4 8 1.1 38 9ef57 4 9 9b10.55 39 9ef66 4 a 9b27.15 3a 9ef75 4 b 9b1e.5 3b 9ef84 4 c 8623.5 err e ip 8571: 4.7 >>zu_ZA<< .... I have no idea what this means ... needless to say it wont boot. In ...

Re: error during DBD::Oracle installation (was: error during DBI installation)
------=_Part_6037_22545193.1207194199772 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Looks like time to get the development stuff you need installed. The log file says: Reading /export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/precomp/lib/env_precomp.mk Attempting to discover Oracle OCI build rules gcc -c -I. -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/precomp/public -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/rdbms/public -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/rdbms/demo -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/plsql/public -I/export/hom...

Errors with tcanvasd2d after installing xe7
Hi I installed Delphi XE7 and am having a lot of errors with tbitmaplistanimation.animationbitmap.png and tcanvasd2d If I create a new blank multi device form or try to open a firemonkey project from XE5 I get this error tbitmaplistanimation.animationbitmap.png cannot create texture for tcanvasd2d A subsequent error from the new form says EaccessViolation in module rtl210.bpl in module coreide210.bpl I have several previous versions of Delphi Installed. I thought it might have something to do with the path variable pointing to previous versions but I've tried to eliminate that ...

GLScene Installation in XE5-XE7?
I have downloaded the trunk 6541 files from SourceForge (I used the code link). When I unpack the files and open the Installation.htm webpage I have trouble following the method starting with steps 5 (second item) because there is no image shown (screenshot missing) and the text is not explicit enough to explain how. It says: {quote}To properly use the DesignEditors, DesignIntf, ToolsAPI and VCLEditors units you need to add the compiler option -LUDesignIDE on the Compiling page in Project Options:{quote} And then there is a placeholder for the missing image. There are several que...

Installation Error: error attempting to read from the source install database
I receive an "Error attempting to read from the source install database" C:\windows\installer\2ce6f3.msi. when I try to install the time tracker (CSVS). Any ideas?...

Windows Client Install, Error installing NICI. Error Code: -3
This is a Windows 2003 server. I was just trying to re-install the Novell Client and can't seem to get past this NICI issue. I tried Client 4.91 SP5 and Client 4.91 SP5 IR1. No success searching TIDs, any ideas? Thanks, Marc Resolved by un-installing Client, then deleting files in: C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici Solved error by deleting folders: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici\" To do so: 0- Login as domain user "Administrator" with no Novell login. 1- Right-click "nici\SUBFOLDER1" folder and select Properties 2- Choose "Sec...

NewBie question Error 500 after install
Hi, I am new to Linux (an old windows guy) and Bugzilla. I am sure this is a = stupid question but... I downloaded and installed Bugzilla on a new Ubuntu 7.10 server using = apt-get. When I go into http://(server)/bugzilla I get an error 500 when = it redirects to index.cgi. I did this today so I am guessing I have the latest of everything (and = yes, I did an update and upgrade before I installed bugzilla). Any ideas? Thanks in advance ...

errors errors errors..

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

installation error:Configuration Error
I have installed Suse 10,1 and I am trying to install the ASE-15.0 free edition, limited to the 1 CPU, 2GB memory, 5GB space in record. When inicializar master.dat accuses the following error: "Configuration Error: Configuration file, '/opt/sybase/HP06.cfg ', you donate not exist." Already I used the command: /sbin/sysctl - w kernel.shmmax=67108864 hp06:/opt # ipcs - lm Shared Memory Limits max to number of segments = 4096 max second size (kbytes) = 65536 max total shared memory (pages) = 268435200 min second size (bytes) = 1 ...

First install question/error: Portal not found
Getting the following error on first attempt to open portal; did the basic localhost install and in the DB the Portals Table data is: PortalID: 0, PortalAlias: Rainbow, PortalName: Rainbow Portal, PortalPath: /_Rainbow installed the files in c:\Rainbow and the used the url: //localhost/Rainbow/ Error: Portal not found Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Portal not ...

Errors installing SSL on Install
Hello, It seems that the problem I have seems to be with the CA being corrupt. I get the error creating W0 object, then a 251 error with PKI, when it is done it doesn't create the SSL keys. An outside vendor told me there was a procedure for fixing this problem. I was just wondering if I could get a copy e-mailed to me @ John.Hummer@wmtps.org instead of having a Novell Engineer on the phone for 4 hours. Thanx in advance for your help in this matter. John Hummer CNE West Milford BOE On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:18:18 GMT, John.Hummer@wmtps.org wrote: >It seems that the...

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869.
Hello to all, I have create a web setup using visual studio 2005 using some custom actions 1. create database at installation time. 2. create connection pool in IIS7 for vista. We need to install and run successfully on vista as well as earlier version of windows like xp, win server, etc. I develop and install web setup on my vista home premium machine. It installed successfully and works fine. I also tested it on XP and Windows server 2003. It works fine on every plateform. But when i install it to on my client machines, It succesfully installed and execute on xp machines but wh...

Web resources about - Error installing GLScene in XE7 (question) - embarcadero.algorithms

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper