web services calling services simultaneosly problem in .net 2.0

hi
i m facing a problem
we are using desktop client and webservices
in that client request the a webservice async
that remains on server until a specific condition is satisfied
and rest of the web services are called syncronsly
these services run on localhost without any problem
but if client and server machines are diffrent it hangs the application
dont knw wht is the reasn and after some time operation has timed out exceptions come
let me tell u one more thing
both the services are using different sessions
thanx in advance for ur help

i have made sample application to test the scnerio
closer to my application
here is client and server side code

client is
//////////////////////
Public Class Form1
    Private WithEvents wsAsync As New localhost1.AsyncService
    Private WithEvents wssync As New localhost.SyncService
    Private urltoReplace As String = "http://khalid/" 'this url will b replaced by localhost
    Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        wsAsync.Url = wsAsync.Url.Replace("http://localhost/", urltoReplace)
        wssync.Url = wssync.Url.Replace("http://localhost/", urltoReplace)
        wsAsync.CookieContainer = New Net.CookieContainer
        wssync.HelloWorld()
    End Sub
    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

        wsAsync.HelloWorldAsync()
    End Sub
    Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        wssync.HelloWorldAsync()
        MessageBox.Show(wssync.HelloWorld)
    End Sub
    Private Sub wsAsync_HelloWorldCompleted(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As localhost1.HelloWorldCompletedEventArgs) Handles wsAsync.HelloWorldCompleted
        MessageBox.Show(e.Result)
    End Sub
    Private Sub wssync_HelloWorldCompleted(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As localhost.HelloWorldCompletedEventArgs) Handles wssync.HelloWorldCompleted
        MessageBox.Show(e.Result)
    End Sub
End Class
//////////////////
server side is
////////////////////
sync service is
Public Class SyncService
     Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService

    <WebMethod(enablesession:=True)> _
    Public Function HelloWorld() As String
        Return "Hello World"
    End Function
/////////////
async service is
Public Class AsyncService
     Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService

    <WebMethod()> _
    Public Function HelloWorld() As String
        While True
            Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000)
        End While
        Return "Hello World"
    End Function
End Class
now client and server should b different

0
khalidzaheer

 One way of shedding some light on the problem is to use the logging feature of Web Services Enhancements to track the message going into and the responses from the web service.

TATWORTH

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Web Service calls .NET 2.0
I have an ASP.NET application in .NET 1.1 that makes a web service call using the Begin{WebMethod} call and then returns to the page and redirects to another page.  The Async callback is returned later when this is done and I log any errors that this web method call may have had to the event log.  The web page does not wait for the response because it's role is to fire it off and then go on.  I am trying to move to .NET 2.0 and have an issue where the Async call for 2.0 will not allow me to redirect until the web service has completed.  I do not need a response from m...

Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and Debugging Web Services
I've run into to very discouraging problems. After running through the step-by-step help file for WSE 2.0 and trying to create a web service and application that passes a username token, I continue to get the same error over and over again: Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.SecurityFault: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized at Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.Tokens.UsernameTokenManager.AuthenticateToken(UsernameToken token) at Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.Tokens.UsernameTokenManager.VerifyToken(SecurityToken securityToken) at Microsoft.Web.Services.Security.Securi...

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

problem deploying .net 2.0 web service
pulling my hair out on this one.  i am having trouble getting a .net 2.0 web service to deploy to a machine doing just the default hello world i get resource is not available -- asmx files map to asp .net 2.0, ive ran aspnet_regiis -i  Ive set it up as application, changed it to .net 2.0 and i get   Server Error in '/WebSite5' Application. The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review ...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'
  Server Error in '/Bradford' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'Source Error:[No relevant source lines]Source File: vbc : Command line    Line: 0 Show Detailed Compiler Output:c:\windows\system32\inetsrv> "C:\WI...

Problems with Web Service Call with .NET
We need to call a Web Service from one of our partners application. Their Web Service has been running for several years and other companies have been able to connect to it and download data with different pieces of software or languages When i try to setup this web service call in Powerbuilder 11.1 Build 8123, i am having problems. Even when using .NET to call the service Creating the Proxy works just fine as i select the service and then the methods. Deploying the proxy works great also. However when i call the very first function in the service SdkLogin, i am getting the gene...

Web Service in .Net 2.0
I have developed a web service in .net 2.0. If I access the web service in my system, it is running fine. If I make the build and install the web service in another machine and access it in that machine, it is giving the following error: The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://localhost/Webservices/Webser...

Web resources about - web services calling services simultaneosly problem in .net 2.0 - asp.net.xml-web-services

1993 DWM interview
The Life and Death of Adric In a frank and extensive interview, Matthew Water house talks to PorlCooper about playing the Alzarian Artful Dodger ...

Price Drop: Mecho Wars
... gameplay can make for some lengthy struggles over water, land, air and ice. Any game that I can play casually while making pancakes simultaneosly ...

All Records - Ashrita Furman
This is the ever-increasing list of the world records Ashrita has set including where and when he set them. Over the years, many of the records ...

Bollywood in Bushwick! - BUSHWICK DAILY
Surrounded by the necessary dose of mystery, drama, flashy accessories, colorful outfits, and naturally hundreds of tweets, Isha: A Tell-All ...

Records in Chess
Best match player. William Steinitz played 27 chess matches from 1862 to 1896, and won 25 of the 27. He won 160 games, lost 70, and drew 57. ...

T-Mobile cajoling 2G users off 1900 MHz
... USA will increase its capital expenditures through the rest of the year as it goes all in on its network modernization project while simultaneosly ...

Blocks - Android Apps auf Google Play
Your playing field divided into two parts: AIM blocks (left) and GUN blocks (right). Select any GUN block and either move it to trash bin (GUN ...

Understand threading and types of threading in c# using an example
In this blog post we will understand what is threading, how to implement threading, how to execute parallel functions asynchronously, threading ...

::: - Voice Prompt - The World's First & Only Voice Driven Teleprompter - :::
... you control the prompting speed of text by listening to the sound of your voice in any language, all with out any internet connectivity. Simultaneosly, ...

ICT in learning – with emphasis on music technology
... and the Creamware Scope DSP system. Having invested in a 8 x 8 Luna break out box, my system was capable to record and playback 8 tracks simultaneosly. ...