Web Services and Web.config

Can the functions within my asmx file access the values in my web.config file.  I'm trying to access a value using the following code:

ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("MyValue")
The error that i'm receiving is saying that ConfigurationSettings is not declared. how can i reference the web.config values?
0
jrogoz

Do you imported System.Configuration namespace! Inorder to use ConfigurationSettings you have to import that name space!

Hope it helps!
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark
7/10/2004 11:51:35 AM
Thanks for the reply.  I didn't have system.Configuration imported but when i looked at other projects within  the company they didn't either.  Turns out there is a setting that you can choose to import the classes in for all pages of a project...is that correct.  I could find the setting in which to do that so i just imported system.configuration and everything worked.
0
jrogoz

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

web web web

Is web services a part of web Service?

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Web Service invoking another Web Service
hello, I have a web service and I have to consume another web method of some other web service. I have to do everything through code. [I cannot use "Add Web Reference" utility in the VS.NET]. I am using C# for coding the web service. Thanks in advance. Phanikum Yep, You could do that! Basically you have to use WSDL.exe http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Once you have proxyclass in a file from WSDL.EXE, make an assembly and use that in your app! Sreedharhtt...

Web resources about - Web Services and Web.config - asp.net.xml-web-services

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

Australian public service allowances attacked: Institute of Public Affairs report
Extra paid leave, allowances and flex time under attack.

China Mobile creates dedicated unit to grow its internet services revenues
Zee News China Mobile creates dedicated unit to grow its internet services revenues Rethink Research (subscription) Many large mobile operators ...

Target reportedly developing its own Apple Pay-like mobile wallet service
American retail chain Target is said to be developing its own mobile payment service that would compete with Apple Pay , according to the latest ...

Target is taking on Apple Pay with its own mobile wallet service
... Of course, we’ll keep you posted with further information as we receive it. Target is taking on Apple Pay with its own mobile wallet service ...

LifeLock ID protection service to pay record $100 million for failing customers
... states. LifeLock was given a slap on the wrist and a $12 million fine in 2010 for falsely advertising its identity theft protection services. ...

Inside Apple’s plan to turn the iPhone into a subscription service
Apple is trying a new subscription service that would allow consumers to get an iPhone annually at no additional cost. At Business Insider's ...

Gillette Suing Dollar Shave Club Claiming Razor Subscription Service Infringes On Its Patents
... it’s no surprise that competition is fierce. In an effort to protect its slice of the market, Gillette is suing online subscription razor service ...

Canadian ISP Rogers Launches Gigabit Service, 4KTV -
Canadian ISP Rogers Communications says that the company has started offering gigabit broadband service in parts of Toronto. Rogers plans for ...

Keith Urban Pays Tribute to His Father at Memorial Service
Keith Urban is closing out a devastating year with a special goodbye to his father, Robert Urban, who died from cancer on Dec. 5.