Web Service Namespace and URN used by client

I'm a web service newbie.  I have created a web service in asp.net, have deployed it to a remote server and am able to call it from a .net client and all is fine.

I have a two part question.  I'll take any help or advice I can get!  thanks.

What do I enter in the web service namespace?  <System.Web.Services.WebService(Namespace := "http://tempuri.org/Mainframe/Service1")> _

I'm not sure if the Namespace is related to my other problem, but I have a client trying to use my webservice from CICS web services (CICS transaction server).  CICS uses SOAP and needs to know the  URL, MethodName & URN of this service. (it doesn't use the WSDL directly).  We know the URL and Method, but what do I need for the URN?  Oddly enough, it looks like it is retrieving the SOAPACTION from whatever URN we enter in the CICS program.

 Thanks in advance!!!

jP
0
johnpavelka

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Web Service Client for Sharepoint Web Service Lists.asmx
Can retrieve lists on home page but not deeped. For example, http://myportal/default.aspx works with Web Reference http://myportal/_vti_bin/Lists.asmxHowever, I need a list from this page http://myportal/C6/Facility%20Rentals/default.aspxand the only Web Reference that i can get close is http://myportal/C6/_vti_bin/Lists.aspxand this one can not see the List I need. I have the correct List and View GUID hexnumbers. Please help!!!!! I have also tried the List Data Retrieval Service   DspSts.asmx and am not able to return any listsexcept for top level lists. Please help. Dim stsQu...

send data from web service to local computer, using web services.
hii have a web application, on web server , and a database on my local computer in my office.i want to send data from my web pages to my local database.i think one way is using web services.i used that, but it has permission errors.that web service have this error :  Server Error in '/in' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30180: Keyword does not name a type.Source Err...

Is web services a part of web Service?

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

Web resources about - Web Service Namespace and URN used by client - asp.net.xml-web-services

Namespace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Namespaces provide a level of indirection to specific identifiers, thus making it possible to distinguish between identifiers with the same exact ...

Wikipedia:Help namespace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Help namespace is a namespace consisting of Wikipedia pages whose titles begin with the prefix Help: , such as Help:Link . These pages contain ...

ICANN seeks to tackle DNS namespace collision risks
As the number of top-level domains undergoes explosive growth, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is studying ways ...

OS X Lion: Guidelines for connecting to a DFS namespace via SMB
Ensure that the following guidelines are followed when connecting to a DFS namespace via SMB in OS X Lion.

Facebook's Namespace Land Grab? Or Maybe…It's Just Useful
Much buzz over the past few days about Facebook’s plans to let folks (and, ahem, brands) claim their namespaces on Facebook. IE, Starting this ...

Global Namespace for People (Part 3)
I ended yesterday’s post by saying that I would write about potential solutions to the global namespace problem for people (parts 1 and 2). So ...

Netflix namespace problem · Issue #34 · balloob/pychromecast · GitHub
pychromecast - Library for Python 2 and 3 to communicate with the Google Chromecast.

Adding Namespaces To Ruby
... about how close I can get Ruby to look like Clojure in size and style. Recently, what has bothered me most has been how you define a namespace ...

PHP 5.6 features built-in debugger, better namespace support
PHP, the venerable scripting language for server-side Web development, has been upgraded in a point release highlighted by a new debugger.

#include<bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; int n, x, y; int main() { fo - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login my alerts ...