Using .net 2.0 ws in .net 1.1

Hi,
I have a ws written in 2.0 that returns a dataset. I need to use this ws in .net 1.1. Seems like having the ws returning typed datasets causing a problem.
I am using c# for the ws.

Does anyone have any idea ?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

recruit

0
recruit

A web service should be indifferent to which version of ASP.NET is producing and which version is consuming. Please post any error messages and the wsdl produced by the 1.1 consumer. Have you loaded WSE 3.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=018a09fd-3a74-43c5-8ec1-8d789091255d&displaylang=en) and monitored what your ASP.NET 2.0 web service is actually emitting?
TATWORTH
3/15/2007 12:10:35 PM

HI,
Thanks for the reply.

Seems like the problem is "Method cannot be refelected" error comes up everytime i am passing a typed datatable throught ws,
as a return value or as a parameter.
Modified the method so that it uses dataset, everything works fine.
And somehow this only happens if the ws is consumed by .NET 1.1 application.
In .NET 2.0 application everything works as normal.

Yes, I can just pass the datasets instead the datatable, but Im just wondering why it works like that.
Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

recruit

0
recruit

Just wanna say I have found the answer.
Seems like I forgot that DataTable is not serializable in 1.1. but it is in 2.0.
So the .NET 1.1 application that consumes the ws in .NET 2.0 doesn't understand how to deserialize the datatable.

Thanks,

recruit

0
recruit

.DLL compiled with .NET 1.1 to be used in Web app done in .NET 2.0
Hi all,If I have a bunch of business objects that where compiled in .NET version 1.1, would it be possible for my ASP.NET (done in .NET 2.0) application to pick up these objects (.dll file) and start to use them?(Would be great if some-one could provide some form of documentation on this)ThanksTryst Hi Tryst, This should work fine.  In general, you can use V1.1 assemblies with V2.0 applications.  The reverse, though, is not true. Hope this helps, Scott ok, cool.ThanksTryst Comparative study on VS .Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 .Net Framework versions used are ver...

Using .NET 1.1 dll in .NET 2.0
I have my old application on Visual Studio 2003, now we are planning to migrate to Visual Studio 2005, so is there a way to use my old dlls as references that were built using .NET Framework 1.1 in a new application that will be built using .NET Framework 2.0? I also have a question regarding the posibility to build code that was written in Visual Studio 2003 environment using .NET Framework 2.0 compiler?Mohammad Abu-AliMicrosoft Certified Professional Hi, Yes you can use your .NET 1.1 dll in your 2.0 app (but the other side is not true) For the last question, there is great chance...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

How to use .net 1.1 on webserver after adding .net 2.0 Framework
I have a web server with .net 1.1 installed on it. I am going to install the .net 2.0 framewrok on my server. How can I select the .net 1.1 framework for my existing applications that are already using 1.1 after I install 2.0. Someone told me about going onto IIS and in the properties there is a tab to select the version of .net, I have looked at this but it there is no tab to choose .net version, my web server is ms server 2000. Anyone any idea how to do this? Thanks macca macca:Someone told me about going onto IIS and in the properties there is a tab to select the version of .net, I...

Sharing cookie between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 web app
I have two servers A and B.  A hosts .NET 1.1 web apps, while B hosts .NET 2.0 web apps.  I have a common login page written in .NET 2.0 (thus it's on server B).  In order to share the cookie, I set the machine key attributes (validation and encryption) of all apps to the same keys, and set all .NET 2.0 web apps to use decryption="3DES".  But for some reasons, my .NET 1.1 still cannot read the cookie generated by the .NET 2.0 login page.  Anyone has similar problem before?  Am I missing anything? Thanks. WenWen I am afraid you can only share t...

HELP Running a web-site with .NET 2.0 and NET 1.1
Hi evreybody,  I have a HUGE problem. I running a website that I have just created with ASP .NET 2.0 technology, well within my web site there is an web application that needs to run under V1.1. I'm using IIS 6.0 and I was wondering to see if anybody can help me run my new site, and run that web app at the same time. Basically is two sites within one web directory, the way you acces both sites is by the same link, just one is ROOT/default aspx (V2.0) and the other is Root/webapp/default.aspx (v1.1) can anybody help me... :( THANK you you will have to define them as two separate w...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

Any advantages of migrating to .NET 2.0 on still using .NET 1.1 projects?
Sorry for the noob Q - but will I get any advantages in installing .NET 2.0 Framework alongside .NET 1.1 if I dont plan to upgrade my ASP .NET 1.1 web applications?I have a few servers that I will be installing the .NET 2.0 Framework so as to develop in VS2005, however on some servers that will not (at this stage) be used for .NET 2.0 apps and that I may not have the time to convert some VS2003 applications to VS2005, I was in the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' kind of thinking and didn't know if installing .NET 2.0 would bring any advantages.TIA.  I happen to agree. If you don't nee...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Web resources about - Using .net 2.0 ws in .net 1.1 - asp.net.xml-web-services

Trump calls Clinton 'liar' for Islamic State recruiting claim
The New Yorker Trump calls Clinton 'liar' for Islamic State recruiting claim DAWN.com &quot;She&#039;s a liar and everybody knows that,&quot; ...

Steve Harvey flubbed the Miss Universe results and the Internet responded brilliantly
Get ready — the Steve Harvey memes are coming, and the onslaught is ruthless. On Sunday night, the American TV host made one of the biggest ...

Emergency on Air France flight a "false alarm," CEO says
By James Regan and Joseph Akwiri PARIS/MOMBASA, Kenya (Reuters) - A suspicious device found on an Air France flight from Mauritius to Paris that ...

Spanish election: national newcomers end era of two-party dominance - World news - The Guardian
Podemos and Ciudadanos will hold balance of power in forthcoming coalition talks after People’s party fail to win clear majority

Landslide Strikes China, Buries 33 Buildings
The southern city of Shenzhen, China was struck by a powerful landslide right before noon local time Sunday. According to China’s official Xinhua ...

Hundreds protest release of New Delhi rapist
Salt Lake Tribune Hundreds protest release of New Delhi rapist Salt Lake Tribune Indian youth shout slogans as they are detained by police ...

Ted Cruz Maintains Big Lead in Iowa
Here's more for the "establishment is doomed" files : Ted Cruz maintains a strong lead over Donald Trump in Iowa, according to the results of ...

Learner drivers to get lessons on the motorway for the first time
Learner drivers could have lessons on motorways for the first time, in a bid to ensure they have tackled challenging conditions with a qualified ...

Tim Cook says there isn't a trade-off between security and privacy
In a strong defense of encryption, Apple's CEO Tim Cook said that there was no trade-off between privacy and national security when it comes ...

SpaceX delays launch and landing test of Falcon 9 rocket
(By Irene Klotz, Reuters) – Elon Musk’s SpaceX on Sunday postponed launch of an upgraded Falcon 9 rocket and an attempt to land the booster at ...