Secure the data in XML (returned by a webservice) during Webservice calls

          My website has a flash object which call a webserviec which returns a xml back to flash.  How can i secure the data which is passed through the XML.  That is I dont want any users read the xml which i am giving to falsh object using any tools like fiddler, fire bug etc... Please give me your valuable suggestions and Ideas

Regards

0
hanimv

check this URL regarding secured web service

gopalanmani

how to display data from xml file / xml webservice in gridview?
 hi how can I make a gridview display data from a xml file or a xml webservice?thanks  It's very easy. Drop XmlDataSource onto your page, and call it XmlDs. and in your page, when you get xml, bind it as follows:XmlDs.Data = xmlString;XmlDs.DataBind();GridView1.DataSourceID = "XmlsDs";GridView1.DataBind();TalhaMCP, MCADPersonal Site  hi , First make return type of web method as Dataset. Then at client sidetypecast returning  result with dataset. And assign that dataset to gridview like: gridview1.datasource= dsxml.tables(0).defaultview;gridview1.dat...

Problem in Sending XML to Secure WebService from Another Webservice...
hi, I am facing the problem in sending xml to seucre web sevice from another web service. Here is the exact situation, that we have a web application that is going to connect with the webservice. In this webservice we have a funcation that is going to send string as xml format to another secure webservice. the secure webservice accepts out request string (xml format) and send response as strng(xml format) to the pervious webservice. In each time when call the secure webservice from first webservice we have the requestid. For this requestid the seucre webservic...

Web Service that returns XML data
I need to build a web service that returns a lot of different data. It seems that I can build and return XMLDocument object, but how would a non .NET consumer parse the object? Is there a better data type to return? XML is going to be your best bet. You have got to consider that XML is the standard for data transfer so most 'modern' languages already have extensive parsing mechanisms built in to handle it.  Cheers, AJArie D. JonesPrincipal Microsoft ConsultantPerpetual Technologies, Inc.www.perptech.comBlog: www.programmersedge.com  Well what confuses me is that the ...

SQLDataAdapter writes different XML than the XML Web Service returns
I have an XML Web Service written in VB.Net 2.0  I use a SQL data adapter to return read only data from a database. If I use the writexml method of the data adapter it writes an xml file to disk which seems to be formatted perfectly. When I return the XML data from the service with (dataadapter.writexml(dataset)) it appends the anytype element, which is giving me trouble transforming with XSL. Is there a way to return the XML looking the same as what gets written to a file? Or am I not understanding what the anytype node is for or how to deal with it? Thank you for any help Writt...

Problem in Sending XML to secure WebService from another WebService... #2
hi, I have a problem that we have a web application that is going to connect with the webservice. In this webservice we have a funcation that is going to send string as xml format to another secure webservice. the secure webservice accepts out request string (xml format) and send response as strng(xml format) to the pervious webservice. In each time when call the secure webservice from first webservice we have the requestid. For this requestid the seucre webservice sends single response. The problem is when we send a request xml to secure webservice, inatially we are getting single respon...

Web service Return value is XML data
hi , i have a web service HelpDeskWS; i have a web service function getCustomerDetails(); my input parameters (UserId) , my Return data is XML ; <Response><AVAILABILITY><HEADER> 1APR  TUE   1600 WDS- KTR BYR.CHE                   NTE</HEADER><Customer code="DTR" category="TZX" customerId="CST45578"  isOK="YES" ><item code="C" price="9" /><item code="D" price="...

Returning XML data using web services

how to read xml data returned from a web service
I have looked everywhere on this topic because I am new to this.  I simply want to read the xml data returned from a web service.  I looked at a simple zip code service where you input the zip code and it returns the city, state, area code, etc. in xml format as follows:   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - <NewDataSet> - <Table>   <CITY>Palm Harbor</CITY>   <STATE>FL</STATE>   <ZIP>34684</ZIP>   <AREA_CODE>813</AREA_CODE>   <T...

creatig and returning xml in .net web service
I am new to the .net web service world. Recently I started writing a web service. This web service is going to interact with Java client. Hence I will be returning XML from web service. I am writing web service using vb.net in VS2008. My web service is goign to call a stored procedure. Stored procedure is supposed to retun me some records. Based on these records I have to create XML and return it as web service response. Till now I was able to write web service and stored proc. I am not sure how to build a response xml. Does anybody have any link or any idea on how to do this. I trie...

xml webservices and xml-rpm
 What is difference between xml web services and xml-rpc?Sharique udddin Ahmed FarooquiWeb Developer Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.  XML Web Service is used to expose your system functionality over http. In XML Web Service your service is result of operating on server (in simple cases). But in RPC you use distributed computing to get service. For XML-RPC you can get more detail from http://www.xmlrpc.com/ which is quite useful. I hope it works for you.Regards, http://geekswithblogs.net/interfacemirror...

How to create XML and XML with WebService
Hello...1) how to use XML and XML with Web Service with example.2) how to use read xml and write xml with coding with example.3) how to use read xml and write xml with dataset with example.thx,Tushar Poshiya       Everything about web-servicehttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/webservices/aa740685.aspx Ravi |   Share Knowledge   |   Online messengers   >>1) how to use XML and XML with Web Service with example. http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/webservices/doc/BPConformance.aspx (ASP.NET Web Services QuickS...

How to get a .net web service to return JSON not XML
I have a web service written in .net 1.1 using vb.net that I need to return JSON. How to I get it to return only the values contained in the xml below - without the XML?  Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebService/ws">{"result":[{"track":{"vid":"6303","kid":"30","dt":"2/13/2006 6:32:46 AM"}}]}</string>     check this page and you must be very happy! http://www.kawa.net/works/js/jkl/parsexml-e.html Let me ask you a question: how to append/combine two JSON objects (assuming their str...

Difference b/w webservice and XML web service
Hi friends, Can u say the difference between webservice and XML web service? Thanks for ur replies...Shiny**  They are the same thing !A web service is a piece of software functionality thats made available over a network or internet,The data that is transfered is usually a SOAP message which in XML encoded, A web service will have a description file (WSDL) which will contain but functional and non-functional descriptions of the service. This WSDL file is some times published in a web servcies directory, and it is also encoded in XML. Does that make sense to you ?  W...

Web resources about - Secure the data in XML (returned by a webservice) during Webservice calls - asp.net.xml-web-services