Returning multiple values

Hi! I use "Return var" to return a single value from my web service. So I need to know how to return multiple values instead of a single one. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.
0
TomasDeml

Please see below example, it could lead to solve your problem!

http://www.w3coder.com/contest/examples/WSObjMultiArr.asmx
source code at
http://www.w3coder.com/contest/examples/WSObjMultiArr.asmx.txt

Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark

How can I open a .Net web applicaiton from a web service page and return values
 Hi allhere is what I need from an Oracle jdeveloper form, click on a button, open a web application in .Net, let the user choose several options and calculate a Total Amount, return the total amount to the jdeveloper application,could it be done with a web service?the Oracle jdeveloper form calls a web service that opens my .Net  web applicationmy web application returns a Total Amount value, my web service returns the Total Amountthe jdeveloper form gets the Total Amountthanksjsn     jsn1:  Hi all here is what I need  from an Oracle jdeve...

Multiple return values in Web Service ?
Hi, I would like to return several DataSet's from a WebMethod using out parameters like this example: public void GetFormData(out DataSet dsObjectGroups, out DataSet dsMaterial, out DataSet dsCountry) { //Get all ObjectGroups ObjectGroupBLL oObjectGroupBLL = new ObjectGroupBLL(); dsObjectGroups = oObjectGroupBLL.GetObjectGroups(); //Get all materials MaterialBLL oMaterialBLL = new MaterialBLL(); dsMaterial = oMaterialBLL.GetMaterials(); //Get all materials CountryBLL oCountryBLL = new CountryBLL(); dsCountry = oC...

Web service Return value is XML data
hi , i have a web service HelpDeskWS; i have a web service function getCustomerDetails(); my input parameters (UserId) , my Return data is XML ; <Response><AVAILABILITY><HEADER> 1APR  TUE   1600 WDS- KTR BYR.CHE                   NTE</HEADER><Customer code="DTR" category="TZX" customerId="CST45578"  isOK="YES" ><item code="C" price="9" /><item code="D" price="...

creatig and returning xml in .net web service
I am new to the .net web service world. Recently I started writing a web service. This web service is going to interact with Java client. Hence I will be returning XML from web service. I am writing web service using vb.net in VS2008. My web service is goign to call a stored procedure. Stored procedure is supposed to retun me some records. Based on these records I have to create XML and return it as web service response. Till now I was able to write web service and stored proc. I am not sure how to build a response xml. Does anybody have any link or any idea on how to do this. I trie...

Returning multiple rows in XML from a web service
I have a web service that queries an Orace database.  In my code I have a function that creates a new object from a Structure.  The query has a single parameter and returns a single row as an instance of the Structure object.  This works fine. Now, however, I need to provide a query that will return multiple rows.  When I use my other method as the basis for this new one, it only returns a single row as output.  Here is an example: Structure ContactData   Public Contact_Name As String   Public Contact_Location As StringEnd Structu...

How to get a .net web service to return JSON not XML
I have a web service written in .net 1.1 using vb.net that I need to return JSON. How to I get it to return only the values contained in the xml below - without the XML?  Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebService/ws">{"result":[{"track":{"vid":"6303","kid":"30","dt":"2/13/2006 6:32:46 AM"}}]}</string>     check this page and you must be very happy! http://www.kawa.net/works/js/jkl/parsexml-e.html Let me ask you a question: how to append/combine two JSON objects (assuming their str...

SQLDataAdapter writes different XML than the XML Web Service returns
I have an XML Web Service written in VB.Net 2.0  I use a SQL data adapter to return read only data from a database. If I use the writexml method of the data adapter it writes an xml file to disk which seems to be formatted perfectly. When I return the XML data from the service with (dataadapter.writexml(dataset)) it appends the anytype element, which is giving me trouble transforming with XSL. Is there a way to return the XML looking the same as what gets written to a file? Or am I not understanding what the anytype node is for or how to deal with it? Thank you for any help Writt...

Web Service with multiple variables, output multiple values to repeater
I'm having trouble getting the data from the below:   ../webservices/yellowpages/Default.asmx?op=EmployeesByLastNameV2 HTTP POSTThe following is a sample HTTP POST request and response. The placeholders shown need to be replaced with actual values.POST /webservices/yellowpages/Default.asmx/EmployeesByLastNameV2 HTTP/1.1Host: sd.jsc.nasa.govContent-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencodedContent-Length: lengthlastName=string&orgID=stringHTTP/1.1 200 OKContent-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8Content-Length: length<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><...

How do you know which web method has returned when your OnComplete function gets called after multiple requests to a web service?
var prm;function pageLoad() { prm = Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance(); if (!prm.get_isInAsyncPostBack()) { WebService.get_defaultFailedCallback(OnFailed); WebService.set_defaultSucceededCallback(OnComplete); WebMethod1(); Webmethod2(); } } function OnComplete (results) {  // e.g. if (webmethodcalled == 'WebMethod1') { } }  How do you tell which method has returned the result? Is there an event handler for each individual method that can be used?  Thanks I need to stop answering my own questions... http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/07/01/ExtremeASPNET/default.aspx The method to call can be specified as an extra optional argument. WebMethod1(arg1, WebMethod1OnComplete); WebMethod2(arg1, WebMethod2OnComplete); Then don't specify a default SucceededCallback and default FailedCallback.  In the following example, I specify different OnComplete callbacks, but the same OnError callback, but I could have just as easily had different error callbacks too: <script type="text/javascript"> MyWebMethods.WebMethod1(WM1OnComplete, OnError); MyWebMethods.WebMethod2(WM2OnComplete, OnError); function WM1OnComplete(result) { // whatever... } function WM2OnComplete(result) { // whatever... } function OnError(error) { // whatever... } </script>  When you ask a question, remember to click &quo...

Web Service Not Returning XML!!??
My first attempt at consuming a "real" web service (not in a textbook) yields the following code (this forum input box is adding new lines between each line of the original text copied and pasted into here): using System; using System.Data; using System.IO; using System.Configuration; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.XPath;public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page {private string thisz...

web service not returning xml
I have created an SQL 2005 stored procedure to return an element from a table for a given key. The element contains an xml document. When I test the procedure via TSql it returns the element ok. I have created a web service to run the procedure. When I run the code in my application I do not get the xml element back. The DataSet returned does contain a Table and it Contains a Row but there is nothing in the row. I have copied the supporting bits at the end of this post. Anyone any ideas? Regards, Major (that is my Christian name ;-) Procedure file here:::: set ANSI_NU...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Web service is not returning values...
I have a html page with swf loaded inside , particular flash swf  application is calling a web service , that web service returning a xml . when i run the html from my local machine, i ma getting the output from the service , i am geting the output xml, now, I mapped the particular folder into IIS now i checked the same html , it is not reading any xml from the particular service       Hi,   I guess the swf (Created either in Flex/Flash) is throwing a security exception while calling the web service. Can you please make sure that the cross...

How do I return a xml from a web service?
Hi, I would like to return a xml file from my web service, which is built from a database. There is the getXml in the DataSet class that I can get the string in XML and after read it with the streamReader, but after that I don't know how to implement with the XML class or XMLDocument, which I don't know the difference between those either. Does anyone can give me a hand?  Thank you very much.As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe.  Why not just include a method that returns the required dataset?Don't forget to click &qu...

multiple web services vs one web service?
Hi,Can someone tell me in term of performance and flexibility which approach is better: Using multiple web services within an application, each web service contains only 1 web method VS using a single Web Service with multiple web methods..(each web method will retrieve data from  the database and populate the Web form). I want to know if it is better to transform each web method to web service or to regroup all web methods in only one Web Service.Thanks in advance. Use one WebService. For each Web Service you'll need a WebReference in VS. 1 WebService = 1 WebReference ...

Return Multiple Values to Service Consumer
I'm writing an Active Directory web service and need to return multiple properties of a single user. The web service receives the username and looks up the properties of the user in Active Directory. This works fine. If I look-up the first name, last name, email, telephone, city, state, and zip, should I create a dataset or create a user object in the service to return to the client? Is an on-the-fly dataset or serialization/deserialization of a user class/object the way to go or is there another way that is more efficient? Thanks- Michael In this case if would suggest to use ...

get return value from web service
hi all... i created a web service which will return value to my website when i pass some parameters to the function in web service......when the return value is normal datatype like string,integer,datatable..... it return successfully....but when i try to return a table....it return me this error.... "The XML element 'EnableTheming' from namespace 'http://tempuri.org/' is already present in the current scope. Use XML attributes to specify another XML name or namespace for the element." ..... may i know what is the error......can i return the whole table ?   ...

Web Service not returning XML because of the port.
I have a web service published in the URL: http://201.198.133.66:8000/Service/Service.asmx If we invoke the test() method the URL will direct to http://201.198.133.66/Service/Service.asmx/test missing the port "8000", so that its not working; if we put http://201.198.133.66:8000/Service/Service.asmx/test then it will return the XML. Is there anyway to tell the webservice to always return the URL with the port 8000? Million Thanks! Kennis Hi Kennis, I tested using port 8000 and it works fine on my pc http://localhost:8000/WS_1/Test.asmx If I invoke Add method it w...

Returning Serialized XMl from Web Service
Fumbling about in the dark here. I'm trying to output serialized XML from my webservice, but I keep getting a 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' error (marked below). Can anybody tell me if I'm going about this the correct way, etc? Thanks. Imports System.Web Imports System.Web.Services Imports System.DirectoryServices Imports System.Xml.Serialization <WebService(Namespace:="http://www.someuri.co.uk/webservices/")> _ Public Class ActiveDirectory Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService #Region " Web Services Designer Generated Code " Public Sub New() MyBase.New() 'This call is required by the Web Services Designer. InitializeComponent() 'Add your own initialization code after the InitializeComponent() call End Sub 'Required by the Web Services Designer Private components As System.ComponentModel.IContainer 'NOTE: The following procedure is required by the Web Services Designer 'It can be modified using the Web Services Designer. 'Do not modify it using the code editor. <System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent() components = New System.ComponentModel.Container End Sub Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal disposing As Boolean) 'CODEGEN: This procedure is required by the Web Services Designer 'Do not m...

Web Service that returns XML data
I need to build a web service that returns a lot of different data. It seems that I can build and return XMLDocument object, but how would a non .NET consumer parse the object? Is there a better data type to return? XML is going to be your best bet. You have got to consider that XML is the standard for data transfer so most 'modern' languages already have extensive parsing mechanisms built in to handle it.  Cheers, AJArie D. JonesPrincipal Microsoft ConsultantPerpetual Technologies, Inc.www.perptech.comBlog: www.programmersedge.com  Well what confuses me is that the ...

How to format the xml return from a web service
I've just successfully connected to my first remote web service that returns a stock quote. The query I have is that the information returned to me is in xml form with about eight elements as follows:<string><StockQuotes><Stock><Symbol>HAN</Symbol><Last>61.27</Last><Date>8/10/2006</Date><Time>12:03pm</Time><Change>-0.65</Change><Open>61.60</Open><High>61.75</High><Low>61.25</Low><Volume>4900</Volume><MktCap>8.784B</MktCap><PreviousClose>61.92</P...

Web resources about - Returning multiple values - asp.net.xml-web-services

Returning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In retail , returning is the process of a customer taking previously purchased merchandise back to the retailer, and in turn, receiving a cash ...

Mark Zuckerberg Returning To TechCrunch Disrupt
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg took the stage at last year’s TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco, where he discussed ...

How-to: Improve the Experience for Returning Users
... – your inbox, your favorite news sources, or your friends’ activity. If you’ve integrated Facebook Login on your website, you can give returning ...

Search Twitter - emilia-clarke-not-returning
Sign in Sign up No results for emilia-clarke-not-returning Settings Help Back to top · Turn images off

Is the Returning CEO a Trend?
... well be wondering if it is a new trend for boards to reach back into their alumni ranks to bring back a CEO when a company is in Is the Returning ...

Fire engine returning from a call
District of Columbia Fire & EMS Station No. 3

Zillow: Long Distance (Returning Soldier Commercial) - YouTube
Introducing Zillow's latest TV commercial as part of its national advertising campaign, "Find Your Way Home." The spot, entitled "Long Distance," ...

WWE’s Daniel Bryan on WWE 2K16, facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, returning to the ring and life on ...
The four-time WWE world champion discusses whether it is right for Stone Cold Steve Austin to be the cover star of WWE 2K16, as well as who he ...

Damn Fine News of the Day: Kyle MacLachlan is Returning to ‘Twin Peaks’
In case you missed it, David Lynch announced on Twitter Monday that Kyle MacLachlan will reprise his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper in the ...

After returning Port Adelaide to profit, Power president David Koch turns his attention to clearing debt ...
PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has completed his mission of making the Power a “sustainable business”. Now he has to clear significant debt ...