Please compare "web service" and "remote services"

Somebody, please tell me the different beetween "web services" and "remote services".

So, "web services" and "remote services" which one is better?
Please tell me
0
ledothu

This might provide some insight.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/dotnetremotearch.asp
The really question at hand is what kind of project?
Frank

0
marascof

adding web reference, remote web service. "unable to download service.asmx?wsdl"
Hello having a problem with this web service. VS [2005]  The message we get when we try and add the web reference is "unable download following files http://10.0.1.7/codered/service.asmx?wsdl". Which is using the internal ip address of the web server. We have check the IIS where the web service has been published to. But could not see why it is using the internal ip and not the external ip address. The actual url is http://83.100.199.125/codered/service.asmx Here is the service description sample, maybe someone can check this, as this has the internal ip address at the bottom. ...

"Dynamic" Web Services, "Dynamic" Parameters
This is a follow-up discussion from http://forums.asp.net/t/1332722.aspx?PageIndex=2. I noticed we stopped talking about Peter's problem some time ago. The discussion had become one of passing "XML strings" to a web service in order to permit optional parameters, a dynamic web service, and things like that. My contention is that this is a solution without a requirement. It is something that we can do, which does not imply that anyone needs us to do it. First of all, if you need to send XML, then send XML. Do not send a string that happens to have XML embedded in it. ASM...

"Add Web Reference" -vs- "Add Service Reference"
I've noticed that in VS 2008 I can add a reference to a web service through "Add Service Reference..." or "Add Web Reference".  It appears that either of these approaches works but there are some differences in the naming of the client-side proxy that's generated.. Does "Add Service Reference" take advantage of the 3.5 framework?  Does this approach gain any efficiencies if I'm still adding the reference for an asmx web service rather than a WCF service?  Or does "Add Service Reference" for an asmx web service just pr...

Web Service Strange Error "Service Description altering attributes cannot be specified on service implementation. "
G'day folks;I built a web service based on a given XLM request message and XML response message following the guidelines provided by Yasser Shohoud in his article "Place XML Message Design Ahead of Schema Planning to Improve Web Service Interoperability"  I used given response and request documents provided by a user manual for an Air Force web service that returns weather imagery.  The web service built correctly.  There was some confusion at first because Yasser used C# and I used vbNet.  The wsdl.exe created a stub file with an interface called IWeatherSe...

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

"no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard
I'm trying to follow the "EAServer Web Service Using PowerBuilder Component and Client" tutorial but when I get to the Select Service window(after just having entered the WSDL file name in the previous window) I get "There is no service in the WSDL file." and the Services list is empty. I found an earlier post where this problem seemed to be resolved by combining the 2 WSDL files(pb_hello.wsdl and pb_helloImpl.wsdl) into one file, but this has not worked for me. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

A "Web Application Project" for web-services ?
I was wondering if there is something analogous to the "Web Application Project" VS add-in for Web-services. By analogous I mean: 1. All the source files in a Web-services project is compiled into a single assembly, perhaps with the exceptions of the .asmx file 2. Property pages for the project in VS display all the tabs that are available in other kinds of projects - i.e., for example, ability to specify pre and post build events, the XML documentation file etc. I really appreciate any help. Cheers, Adrigo Yes, the current release supports creating an "ASP.Net Web Service Applica...

What is "Web Service" (Begineer of .NET)
I have started few days before .NET.Earlier I am working on ASP. So I have decided to learn ASP.NET. I heard about the great thing Web Service on diiferenet site.But couldnt understand. How it can work.What is the purpose. From which refernce sites I can learn. Plz I need ur Assistance. See my article in below link, I did this for beginners, probably it will helps you! http://www.w3coder.com/ws/WSGWBook/WebServGW-01.XMLSreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

"□" character is not taken by the XML web service in .net framework??
Dear all, I am developing a simple smart device application using XML web services for Oracle database connection with smart devices.In this application I am simply taking the data from the textbox in the mobile,encrypting it & finally sending it to the oracle database using XML web services.i am using .net framework for the whole.But the problem is that as I am trying to send the data to the oracle database after encryption of some strings/characters,one special character "□" is not taken by the XML format in the web service.It is giving error by saying that it is invalid character for...

Programatically build Web Service proxies independent of the "Web Reference" in VS.Net?
Can anyone detail for me how to build a proxy for a webservice from its .wsdl without using a "web reference"? Or point me to a hotw-to somewhere? I assume there is an API for this in the Framework, I just cannot find it... Thanks.Thanks,B You have to use WSDL.eXE you can see info on it @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti For complete programmatic use of dynamic Web services by simply feedi...

simple web service query
Hi all, Im following the 'Using the WebService Behaviour' document from the msdn Library and am getting the message 'service unavailable' when running my page. Is there something I'm missing? thanks, Pete mWeb Design Nottingham, UK...

It is showing invalid character "□" by the XML web services in .net framework
 Hi, I am developing an smart device application where I am taking some data through mobile device,encrypting it & finally trying to insert it to the Oracle database by using XML web services.But my problem is that after encrypting the data & taking ASCII encoding of that data,I am getting one special symbol "□" which is not taken by the XML web services by showing the error that its invalid character for the XML format.SO as a result I am not able to insert the encrypted data into the Oracle Database. Can anyone give any solution of this problem? Waiting for your r...

"Private" web service
Hi I’d like to create a web service as part of a web site. I don’t want the web service to be exposed to the internet, And that only pages inside the site would be able to access and use the web service.  Is it possible to do it?   Thanks Z  Hi there,              yes it is possible, take a look at this link http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa480545.aspx                I think you will have to implement a Perimeter Service Router (Chapter 6)  to ...

"out" parameters in Web Service
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to invoke a web service method that has an "out" parameter from javascript and what would be the syntax. Consider the following web method: [WebMethod][ScriptMethod]public string Echo(string text, out string val) { val = text; return text;}  Then I invoke this method in my .aspx page:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head runat="server">...

Web resources about - Please compare "web service" and "remote services" - asp.net.xml-web-services