New to web services...need help consuming web service

Hi guys. I am trying to use the NBA standing web service(developed by 4guysfromrolla) on my website and I cant seem
to get it to work correctly. Its listed below.
http://nbaweblog.com/nba/standings.asmx

Tutorial is on the below page--

I made a web reference in my asp.net web project but when I go to create the object it gives me the

Type "NBA.standings " not defined. I am copying the code exactly from the page. I put the imports system.web.services at the top of the page.

This is my code from the page load event

Dim proxy As NBA.Standings = New NBA.Standings

EastStandings.DataSource = proxy.GetStandings(NBA.ConferenceEnum.Eastern)

EastStandings.DataBind()

Can anyone assist me ?

0
PhillyDude

no one has any answers on this ? I am sure this is really simple....I think :/
0
PhillyDude
2/2/2007 8:25:14 PM

When you added the web reference, make sure that the Web Reference name is NBA.Standings. Then it should work fine,

For me when I added the web reference name was com.nbaweblog.

The Source code is attached

Imports com.nbaweblog

Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

        Dim obj As com.nbaweblog.Standings

        obj = New com.nbaweblog.Standings
        EastStandings.DataSource = obj.GetStandings(ConferenceEnum.Eastern)
        EastStandings.DataBind()

    End Sub
End Class

Thanks,
Ambarish
http://www.ambarishganguly.blogspot.com
0
ambarishg
2/3/2007 2:19:17 AM
ambarishg:

When you added the web reference, make sure that the Web Reference name is NBA.Standings. Then it should work fine,

For me when I added the web reference name was com.nbaweblog.

The Source code is attached

Imports com.nbaweblog

Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

        Dim obj As com.nbaweblog.Standings

        obj = New com.nbaweblog.Standings
        EastStandings.DataSource = obj.GetStandings(ConferenceEnum.Eastern)
        EastStandings.DataBind()

    End Sub
End Class

Thank you so much. That did the trick...lthough for some reason it is returning the team as a 0 based array as opposed to statrting with 1. Does it do that for you too ?

0
PhillyDude
2/3/2007 2:36:54 PM

Yes it will return a 0 based array.

VB arrays start with index =0

Nice article in MSDN: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2k7ayc03.aspx . This might be helpful

Thanks,
Ambarish
http://www.ambarishganguly.blogspot.com
0
ambarishg
2/3/2007 2:52:16 PM
If this is answered, then please mark as answer.
Thanks,
Ambarish
http://www.ambarishganguly.blogspot.com
0
ambarishg

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Web Service consuming other Web Services for caching purpose
Hello, I'm quite a newbie in Web Service programming. I'm using Visual Studio .NET 2003 on Windows XP Pro. I would like to write a Web Service on my local network that call Internet Web Service. Is there some writing rules for that or any tutorial. I want this new Web Service to cache the objects of other Web Services in order to reduce the response time. Furthermore, I wanted to test that with Babelfish Web Service on www.xmethods.net But when I make a Web Reference to the wsdl, I've a failure. VS success to access to the wsdl file but doesn't allow the web reference (&q...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server
Hi people, I am going to deploy a new web service and a new web application to an existing web server, which is also hosting several other web apps. I am told that the IIS CAN NOT BE STOPPED, which means I can not build a MSIs to install them. Looks like only two options I can use: 1) XCOPY 2) Publish the web service or web app through the VS 2008. Can anyone please give me some advices what is the best way to have a deployment without any interruptings and less problems. Thank you.    use FTP to copy files from your system to web hoster system. you ca...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Help Needed with Web Service
Hi All,       I've been asked to write an ASMX page for sharing some catalog information between customers. I created a simple web method that accepts a location ID and returns a dataset of who is attending the class and where they are from. For ourselves I used Joe Stagners AJAX video on web services to generate a little javascript proxy that I use to access the service and return the data back that I need. We have about 100 customers that could potentially access the service SOOO... the question is this ....As I don't know what technologies these custom...

Web resources about - New to web services...need help consuming web service - asp.net.xml-web-services

Tumblr : How do teenagers waste hours upon hours consuming Tumblr?
Answer (1 of 6): I am a teenager and also have a fascination with Tumblr. I will try my best to explain this from our perspective as teens. This ...

Are You Consuming Your Coffee Correctly? - YouTube
Have you been doing it wrong? The Scientific Smell Challenge: https://youtu.be/bI5HEl3u848 SUBSCRIBE (it's free!): http://bit.ly/asapsci GET ...

Briton sentenced to four years for consuming hashish in Dubai
... to having 6.4 grams of the drug for his personal use and he will be deported after serving his sentence. DUBAI // A Briton charged with consuming ...

Eating meat is hurting the environment - stop consuming so much, top US nutritional panel says
The country's foremost nutrition advisory panel is taking a stand against meat: Americans should eat less of it, top experts say, in order to ...

Teen love shown to be most consuming
BACK in 1965, Cat Stevens wrote The First Cut is the Deepest. It turns out he was right. New research from a joint American and Australian study ...

Food morality shouldn't be all consuming
I've spent my life with food fads. Now, though, such fads carry astonishing levels of unearned holier-than-thouness.

The all-consuming market for markets
The all-consuming market for markets

Canadians consuming sky-high amounts of sodium, study finds
Canadians are consuming potentially dangerous amounts of sodium and Ottawa must take action to limit those levels, a leading expert on heart ...

13 Causes Of Insomnia, From Work Stress To What You're Consuming
After a long day, the only thing you want to do is crawl into bed for a good night's rest. Unfortunately, for 3.3 million Canadians, that isn't ...

Consuming Walker - AdPulp - AdPulp
It’s Sunday, which means it time to open The New York Times Magazine and read “Consumed,” the weekly column by Rob Walker. Today’s piece is about ...