Namespace or type 'com_amazon_webservices' for the Imports 'com_amazon_webservices' cannot be found.

An example of what I am trying to do is here: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/amazon-web-services-asp-net

I am trying to do it w/o VS though

So, first I create the proxy...by typing..

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK>wsdl.exe /l:VB http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/AWSECommerceService.wsdl

That gives my my
AWSECommerceService.vb file for the web service.

I then compile that file to get
AWSECommerceService.dll, and I place this file in the bin directory of my applicatoin.

BUT...the problem I get now...is the following...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30466: Namespace or type 'com_amazon_webservices' for the Imports 'com_amazon_webservices' cannot be found.

Source Error:

Line 23: 'Imports webservices_amazon_com
Line 24: 'Imports AWSECommerceService
Line 25: Imports com_amazon_webservices
Line 26:
Line 27:

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bto_free\bin\mycode2.asax.vb    Line: 25

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

:( Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance...

"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live" -D. Thompson // f bush.

-----------

"No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed." -Harold MacMillan

0
eron19

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Namespace or type 'WebControls' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' cannot be found.
I'm trying to get this tab strip control to work within a .Net application. I've run the Build.bat file. I've copied the extracted files to: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client I've copied the above files to my ASP.Net directory And I've copied the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to my BIN directory. The Namespace declaration is still not being recognized and there are no references to this namespace anywhere from within the IDE... What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Doug dexter you have to add the reference to the namespace right click the project and choose "add...

[Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]
Hi I'm trying to use the [Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]  in my web service, but when I compile I receive the following error message: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! RegardsEdward Hi, the correct namespace is System.Web.Script.Services.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action If like me and you watched Joe Stagners terrific video "How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbac...

BC30466: Namespace or type 'UI' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI' cannot be found.
Hi, Ok - story so far. I created a web in a single page in WebMatrix. Then I wanted to compile it, so I spilt it into a codebehind and an aspx and at the same time installed VS.Net 2002 and started working in that. The app uses an MXDataGrid (well 4 actually), but when run in the browser comes up with : >BC30466: Namespace or type 'UI' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI' cannot be found. I have added a reference to "Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.DLL", and added imports but it still doesnt work SO, I have created a tiny test app, that does nothing expec...

Namespace or type 'Portal' for the Imports 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' cannot be found.
I have installed the Portal Starter Kit (VBSDK version) on my local machine, and installed the database at my web hosting company and everything works fine. I am using Windows XP PRO at home and the site is configured as a virtual directory application. When I attempt to deploy the site to my web hosting company, I start to have problems in global.asax: Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'PortalSettings' is not defined. Source Error: Line 40: Line 41: ' Add the PortalSettings object to the context Line 42: Context.Items.Add("Po...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

error BC30466: Namespace or type 'OracleClient' for the Imports 'System.Data.OracleClient' cannot be found
Hi all, i'm a new here. i found that the titled error occurs when i browse the page. following is a part of the source: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OracleClient" %> <script language="VB" runat="server"> sub Page_Load(Sender as object, e as eventargs) dim OracleConn as new OracleConnection("Data Source=testdb;UserId=xxx;Password=xxx;") OracleConn.Open() end sub </script> i'm now using the oracle db 8.1.7 and the .net framework v1....

The type or namespace name 'HttpContext' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web'
Hi thereI've created a wee class library with which to create a dll used by my web app. A class in the library needs to use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath in order to get the physical location of a file regardless of where the application currently is.When I'm coding the class, Intellisense tells me that System.Web only has three members: AspNetHostingPermissionAspNetHostingPermissionAttributeAspNetHostingPermissionLevelI ignore it and type in the rest of the 'MapPath' stuff, but when I build the library I get the error I've used as the title of this thread...

The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web'
Hi,  I'm trying to use the the System.Web.Configuration namespace but keep getting this error:   The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)   Do you have any idea what could be the reason? Hi,You need to add System.Configuration DLL via "Add Reference" dialog box. Right click References and select Add Reference, then select System.Configuration under the .NET tab.Hope this helps,Vivek Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community...

Cannot convert type 'type' to 'type'

Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'.
Hello, In my application when i click the button i'm getting this " Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'. " But when i test it locally there is no problem at all!!!! Please tell me why this error is occuring...Thanks SwapnaPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. swapnasamsonvarkey: Hello, In my application when i click the button i'm getting this " Operator '=' is not defined for type 'Char' and type 'Boolean'. " But when i test it lo...

Web resources about - Namespace or type 'com_amazon_webservices' for the Imports 'com_amazon_webservices' cannot be found. - asp.net.xml-web-services