is it important that i need a web service for my ASP.NET Web Service?

HI is it important that i need a web service for my ASP.NET Web Service? Can u say what a web service is and what is the use of Web Service?
Binu Mathew
0
binumathew

Wikipedia has a good description:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
3/8/2009 6:52:59 PM
Can you gave me any other information,and the neednees of webservice in my program?
Binu Mathew
0
binumathew
3/9/2009 5:02:04 AM

Please detailed you question. What is "your program" and what you want to do with web services?

0
baaroon

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

New to web services...need help consuming web service
Hi guys. I am trying to use the NBA standing web service(developed by 4guysfromrolla) on my website and I cant seem to get it to work correctly. Its listed below. http://nbaweblog.com/nba/standings.asmx Tutorial is on the below page--http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/111203-1.aspx I made a web reference in my asp.net web project but when I go to create the object it gives me the Type "NBA.standings " not defined. I am copying the code exactly from the page. I put the imports system.web.services at the top of the page. This is my code from the page load event Dim proxy As N...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...