How can I open a .Net web applicaiton from a web service page and return values

 Hi all

here is what I need

 from an Oracle jdeveloper form,

  • click on a button,
  • open a web application in .Net,
  • let the user choose several options and calculate a Total Amount,
  • return the total amount to the jdeveloper application,

could it be done with a web service?

  • the Oracle jdeveloper form calls a web service that opens my .Net  web application
  • my web application returns a Total Amount value,
  • my web service returns the Total Amount
  • the jdeveloper form gets the Total Amount

thanks

jsn

0
jsn1

jsn1:

 Hi all

here is what I need

 from an Oracle jdeveloper form,

  • click on a button,
  • open a web application in .Net,
  • let the user choose several options and calculate a Total Amount,
  • return the total amount to the jdeveloper application,

could it be done with a web service?

  • the Oracle jdeveloper form calls a web service that opens my .Net  web application
  • my web application returns a Total Amount value,
  • my web service returns the Total Amount
  • the jdeveloper form gets the Total Amount

thanks

jsn

Your jdev. app can only get values from a .net app if it is something like an executable and it returns results in a response.

Yes a jdev app can call a .net web service, which would more than likely be the preferred option.

If you are having trouble implementing it let us know.

If an answer has been provided to you question please mark it as an answer.
0
Mlogan
7/12/2007 8:07:51 PM

Can a web service open an url page where the end user will do some data entry and when the end user finishes entering the data, the web service gets a result and returns it.

thanks

jsn

0
jsn1

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Can WSE 3.0 Web Service be exposed to the web and can it be consumed by non .Net apps?
If I write a WSE 3.0 web service in .Net 2.0, can I expose it to the web like an IIS XML web service.?Also, can this web service be consumed by non .Net apps or .Net 1.1. apps?sun21170 Yes, simply enable your web service project for WSE 3, and this will alter web.config to support WSE 3 web services in IIS.The web service can be consumed by non .Net clients, however .Net 1.1 clients may struggle unless you add WSE support ans generate specific WSE proxies at the client end.  JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Can a web service open a web page and wait until data entry is finished?
Hi all Can a web service open a web page and wait until data entry is finished? Can a web service receive a parameter for a  web page when the data entry has finished?Help!!!   >>Can a web service open a web page and wait until data entry is finished? WebService is consumed by web page but it can't open a web page. You can have a look at below article on asynchronous web service methods : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/98t3s469.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/83bkx91t.aspx If that doesn't help please elaborate yo...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

any open source of xml .net web services?
any open source available for xml .net web services by using either vb.net or c#? please advise, thanks. I am not sure how to adapt framework. Basically I want to setup xml web services for people who is using colf fusion to connect my app. Also, what about sqlxml? you can host iis as soap calls too? which one is better sqlxml web service? or xml .net web services? please advise too. thanks for the help...

Web service or Web page?
One client want to communicate with our server. The data is simple. So I think that there are the following solutions to solve this problem. 1. the client use httpwebrequest to send data by get or post method. The server side is a web page. It can parse the request and retrieve data from query. After processing these data, the server send back a response objec to the client. This solution can be used whatever the client is a window application or a web application. The problem is that the server send the whole web page to the client. In order to solve this problem, I use in-line se...

web web web

Web resources about - How can I open a .Net web applicaiton from a web service page and return values - asp.net.xml-web-services

New applicaitons, markets to drive MEMS market growth
At the MEMS Executive Congress US 2012 held on November 8, analysts from research firms including Gartner, IHS iSuppli, Semico Research and Yole ...

APPLICAITONS - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com
Technology Personal Tech Business Day Go Posts tagged with APPLICAITONS 1 Results - All tags » Oct 10, 4:00 pm At Long Last, Facebook Releases ...

Stroly - Ogaki for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Stroly - Ogaki on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Jim Zemlin - LinkedIn
View Jim Zemlin's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Jim Zemlin discover ...

Facebook Stack Overflow
Stack Exchange log in - careers - chat - meta - about - faq Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question Top Questions active 5 featured ...

Electronics at Work - 1943 (Complete) - YouTube
... and military appli... Audio and transmitting tubes are still used today.......The money stopped because of military and industrial applicaitons, ...

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Available for Download - Operating Systems - Build - News - Atomic MPC
The latest Windows is in public beta - can we live without a start button?

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Sydney Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Sydney Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and salary ...

Application Development
All news, how-to and more relating to quality assurance and testing for applicaiton and Web development.

Box Expands to Europe, Hires Infrastructure VP Away from LinkedIn
... Box is proving the relatively new adage of the cloud that IT executives find it easy trim their budgets by moving some services and applicaitons ...